Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have had similiar experiences with restaurants in my neighborhood, not only with the food but with getting the correct change back, as well. I wrote the corporate office, but I would rather lose my money than get a "surprise" food item. It isn't worth the risk.

I also have had smilar experiences in fast food restaurants and department stores. I walked into a KFC one day and two hispanic workers were talking in Spanish and looked at me and continued their conversation rather than stopping immediately to wait on me. I think it is very rude for workers on duty to be speaking in a foreign language in earshot of customers. If they truly want to learn English or improve their English skills, why don't they speak it in conversation no matter where they are? I personally think it is a defiance agenda. They really don't want to speak English unless forced too. They know their numbers are growing so they probably think that not in the too distant future, English will take a back seat to Spanish anyway. Look at all the employment ads that require one to bi-lingual to apply for them now. I see red everytime I see those ads. This is the U.S. our language is English. If you choose to migrate here then learn and speak our language. Speak your Espanol at home.

I am on a roll today, so I will apologize in advance. I was in a department store and there was a Mexican guy with several children under the age of six. Long story short, the kids knocked over a display of glasses, which broke. Anybody else would have offered to reimburse the store, but he just called his kids (in Spanish) and left quickly. I am standing there in disbelief that he did not even care to clean up the mess. By then, I was ticked off and blurted out.."if we were in his country, I bet we wouldn't get away with that". Of course, I was not too popular and got a couple evil stares. Apparently, I am in the minority.

That's another thing that I don't get. You see all of these young hispanic parents speaking exclusively to their kids in Spanish everywhere. Doing this especially with their pre-schoolers is not really going to help them when they go to school. It will only hurt them. Why not speak to them mostly in English so that they will have fewer problems adapting in school?

There are elementary schools here in CA where the teachers speak mostly Spanish to their predominately hispanic classrooms.

I wish I was REALLY rich. I would start a fast food restaurant
    chain called ENGLISH ONLY FAST FOOD, hire teenagers,
    and put in a kiosh labeled for our non English speaking customers,
    where, via computer, they, too would order. I'd have all the
    languages spoken in So. Cal. covered, with a sign that said,
    press 32 for Spanish.

I have`nt been to a fast food joint in awhile myself. I got tire of making them repeat themselves and finally (every time) end up saying 2 words, and quite loudly.

SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!! in front of every person around.
    ------------------------

I`m waiting for our (soon to be) newly elected president to start out give speaches in English and spanish.
    ------------------------

[ Mod Edit]

for not speaking english.
    ------------------------

socalcracker Wrote:
    I wish I was REALLY rich. I would start a fast food restaurant
    chain called ENGLISH ONLY FAST FOOD, hire teenagers,
    and put in a kiosh labeled for our non English speaking customers,
    where, via computer, they, too would order. I'd have all the
    languages spoken in So. Cal. covered, with a sign that said,
    press 32 for Spanish.
    socal, you racist!!!

I`d say, press "off" or hang up receiver for spanish or any language other than English.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast