Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MD House and Senate pass compromise license bill!

UPDATE: More proof this is real and Cvangel's post below was out of date when she made it. No disrespect of course, but please check the times of your news articles when considering relevance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

%------Original Post-----

MD legislative session now wrapping up. A compromise bill stopping licenses for illegal immigrants was passed! Current holders, who are not here legally, can renew one time, but they will EXPIRE in 2015.

Overall I think this is a great victory as Maryland has some very liberal areas which wanted licenses for illegals to continue, and those licenses would just not admit to federal buildings. Instead they lost and now illegals cannot get a license in Maryland.

The governor is expected to sign this bill as-is.

Good job to all Maryland Alipac members, and those from outsite who chipped in.

Link to the House Update
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ann...tail_ille.html

Link to the Senate Update
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ann...se_in_den.html

Md. Immigrant License Deal May Be Unraveling
    Lisa Rein

The tentative compromise between House and Senate lawmakers on how to end Maryland's system of driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants may be unraveling.

The deal between legislative leaders announced on the Senate floor this morning would shut the door on April 19 to new license seekers who cannot prove their legal presence in the country. But it would allow hundreds of thousands of immigrants who already are driving legally through Maryland's out-of-country program to renew their licenses for a limited driving permit. On July 1, 2015, that license would expire.

That's the version presented to the Senate this morning, with the blessing of President Thomas V. Mike Miller, Jr. (D-Calvert) and some conservative Democrats who had opposed any grandfathering in of undocumented immigrants who now hold licenses.

But House lawmakers on a joint conference committee that is reviewing the plan--and in theory had signed off on it over the weekend--are balking. They apparently believed that immigrants who renewed their driving permits before July 1, 2015 would be able to keep them for the five-year life of the license under the deal, effectively extending the system until 2019. They don't like the 2015 cutoff.

"Right now we're nowhere," said Sen. Brian Frosh (D-Montgomery), chairman of the Judicial Proceedings Committee.

By Lisa Rein | April 13, 2009; 5:41 PM ET | Category: General Assembly , Lisa Rein
    Previous: Md. Lawmakers Propose Compromise on Immigrant Licenses | Next: Md. House Votes to Curtail Illegal Immigrant Licenses
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/annapo ... _betw.html

April
    IT JUST NEVER ENDS..... these traitors just will not LET UP!!! Their agenda is to reward criminal behavior no MATTER how LOUD we ARE SCREAMING STOP out here!

Wake up Maryland, what in hell is wrong with you? Just stop giving out licenses to illegal aliens, do not renew any licenses, call ICE and tell them to come get the ones who already have licenses and deport their asses before July 4. What is wrong with these traitors?

Look here, Maryland:

"Maryland unemployment rate rises to 6.7%
    "Last month was the worst since April 1992

"By Hanah Cho | hanah.cho@baltsun.com
    9:04 PM EDT, March 27, 2009

"Maryland's jobless rate rose to a nearly 17-year high of 6.7 percent last month, reflecting continuing economic woes in a deepening recession, the Labor Department said Friday.

"The state's unemployment rate was the worst since April 1992, when it hit 6.9 percent."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/ba ... 6021.story

And it's only going to worse, so wake up, don't give them licenses, get those people out of there!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The DC suburbs like their cheap nannies, gardeners, handymen. I fired my cleaning lady when I found out she was bring an undocumented helper with her, I paid her more because she was legal. not like some of my neighbors who hired illegals for slave wages. My yard guy is not illegal nor hispanic and none of his helpers are either, Yes I pay more for that too.

CVANGEL....what you posted is OLD news...its from 4/13 at 5:40 PM.

My links are new, from the closing of the legislative session just before midnight 4/13!!!

MW
    MD legislative session now wrapping up. A compromise bill stopping licenses for illegal immigrants was passed! Current holders, who are not here legally, can renew one time, but they will EXPIRE in 2015.
    2015!!!!! Heck, that's six years from now.

I'm happy to hear no new licenses will be issued to illegal aliens but I'm extremely disappointed that the illegals already holding a driver's license will get to keep and renew it for another 6 years.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by paravour
    The DC suburbs like their cheap nannies, gardeners, handymen. I fired my cleaning lady when I found out she was bring an undocumented helper with her, I paid her more because she was legal. not like some of my neighbors who hired illegals for slave wages. My yard guy is not illegal nor hispanic and none of his helpers are either, Yes I pay more for that too.
    Good for you! My family who also lives in the DC suburbs but in another state does the same. Legal all the way but the illegals are everywhere. They are in Virginia.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

THIS IS A HUGE LOSS IN MY OPINION. I HAVE WORKED MY BUTT OFF TRYING TO END LICENSES TO ILLEGALS.

TO KNOW THEY WILL BE ON THE ROADS DRIVING, WORKING & LIVING IN MARYLAND FOR ANOTHER 6 YEARS DISGUSTS ME.

I AM SICK OF IT. I REALLY AM SICK OF IT.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    THIS IS A HUGE LOSS IN MY OPINION. I HAVE WORKED MY BUTT OFF TRYING TO END LICENSES TO ILLEGALS.

TO KNOW THEY WILL BE ON THE ROADS DRIVING, WORKING & LIVING IN MARYLAND FOR ANOTHER 6 YEARS DISGUSTS ME.

I AM SICK OF IT. I REALLY AM SICK OF IT.
    but you do know that they will stop issuing new licenses to illegals right?

THe extension is just for those that do have the licenses now? Plus the House wanted renewal through 2015, not expiration, meaning that illegals who already have a license could drive through 2019. Now that date is 2015, because the extension expires in 2015.

Its not the best possible case, but I think its pretty damn good and you should be a bit more upbeat on this.

Think about it - Maryland, the last state on the east coast giving out licenses to illegals, will now stop that practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast