Thread: media bias

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

jlo

media bias

I've been brainstorming alot today, I just feel so helpless. There has to be something we could do. Especially in regard to the favorable media coverage surrounding the protests. Would it help if we made a collective effort to barage our local networks with complaints about their sugar-coated and biased newscasts on this issue? Just a thought.

we need to have our own protest. Let's organize one.

jlo, I think that is being done, but there is no reason not to keep doing it. Anyone who has supportable facts to hold up as examples-- like the gang signs, two convenience stores robbed, rocks thrown at cops-- should get writing. Every news station and every newspaper in my area can be reached by e-mail and never once hasn't someone responded when I wrote them. it might not be as fast a response as you want but they may act first and let you know a couple weeks later.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A good first step would be for us to clarify the difference between "pro immigrant protests" and "pro illegal immigrant protests".

There's a big difference between the two, and the media has been blurring it lately--if there's a "pro illegal immigration" march going on, I usually hear it referred to as a "pro-immigration march."

Am I making any sense?
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

There was a good book written during the cold war called "The Spike" It's a journalistic phrase for how an editor kills stories that do not agree with his agenda. So I doubt that many of these stories would see the light of day from the mainstream media, given the fact that they are agenda driven.
    It may be up to the bloggers. Remember how Dan Rather got his comeuppance from bloggers?

tk422, you are right. The media ABSOLUTELY refuses to see the difference between immigrants and illegal aliens. The Pro-Immigrant people seem to forget that difference more often than not as well.

Personally, although I'd rather they wait to raise the numbers until after every single American who wants a job has one, I have nothing whatsoever against LEGAL immigrants who pay their own bills, raise their own families, etc.

I am even beginning to recognize that they will undoubtedly NEED ag workers-- they have for years. I'd like to see some restrictions put on those ag workers who have kids and bring t heir families here. For example, the anchor baby thing has got to be addressed. And if an ag worker is going to work for a pittance, how does he expect to support the family he/she brings? Why not hire them by the job and send them home after the job is done?

I would also like to see the employers who hire these people take the responsibility for seeing that they are gone when the paperwork expires.

American companies send employees to work overseas. I know that becaue that is how I happened to spend several years overseas somewhere. The company was ultimately responsible for my presense in the countries I was in. If I were to have broken a law, it would have been up to them to sort out the mess, not the people in the land I was in. I knew people who worked for foreign companies overseas. Same way--the company who hired them was responsible for them.

Why can't the United States of America follow the lead of third world and backward nations who obviously had the means to keep track of the people they gave visas, work permits, etc? WHY?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)