Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Medicaid Application Denied - No Hablo Espanol

I was denied Medicaid after supplying further financial information requested. I have requested a hearing as is my right.

The denial form came back stating the reason was I supplied insufficient information. When speaking by phone, though, I was told my monthly spousal support is over the limit for a family of three. We are only talking about $150 max here. Hardly a significant amount and not one that would cover much more than two routine doctor visits.

Anyone else have to deal with this nonsense from federal goverment employees whose salaries we pay with our tax dollars?

The main government welfare office number has a lengthy message in both English and Spanish even before they request pressing 1 for English.

If anyone has had to deal with Medicaid denials or similar, please PM me any advice or help.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Re: Medicaid Application Denied - No Hablo Espanol

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    I was denied Medicaid after supplying further financial information requested. I have requested a hearing as is my right.

The denial form came back stating the reason was I supplied insufficient information. When speaking by phone, though, I was told my monthly spousal support is over the limit for a family of three. We are only talking about $150 max here. Hardly a significant amount and not one that would cover much more than two routine doctor visits.

Anyone else have to deal with this nonsense from federal goverment employees whose salaries we pay with our tax dollars?

The main government welfare office number has a lengthy message in both English and Spanish even before they request pressing 1 for English.

If anyone has had to deal with Medicaid denials or similar, please PM me any advice or help.
    GO TO COUNTY LEGAL AID FOR HELP. WILL NOT COST YOU.

Dyehard,

Thank you.

When I do go to the hearing, I definitely plan on bringing up the topic of illegal aliens abusing the Medicaid system (and other welfare that only citizens should be eligible for). That is a given.

I've visited the local branch of the gov. welfare office several times: not only for Medicaid but because they have a job center there. Just about every time I go, there are pregnant Hispanics and/or Hispanic women with babies and small children. Occasionally I see men too.

This branch has at least two main desk employees with Hispanic first names who are bilingual. An employee (nurse or doctor ?) in white clothing comes out calling for patients in Spanish.

Naturally, forms and information about this and that are printed in both English and Spanish.

Even one of the job counselors (a black male) was trying out his limited Spanish trying to impress fellow employees and Hispanic's seeking employment.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

Yes. As I've stated before I applied and was given
    it for about a MONTH!!!! Yes ONE month.

What state do you live in?

In california there is a program called Healthy Families
    that my family qualifies for. You will probably have to
    find something like that b/c honestly, unless you lie
    like they do you will NEVER get any assistance.

Good luck.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks, Sunsetincali,

I live in NC. I'll check to see if we have a Healthy Family program.

Annie

Update and I received a couple of PMs.

No hearing date set yet. Playing telephone tag here with government employees - fun and games. I did receive two calls one from the supposed case worker and one from her supervisor both asking me if they could explain the reason for the denial of Medicaid so I could skip the hearing. I have a right to a hearing. I will milk the illegal alien angle for all it's worth during the hearing.

dk3

No hearing date set yet. Playing telephone tag here with government employees - fun and games. I did receive two calls one from the supposed case worker and one from her supervisor both asking me if they could explain the reason for the denial of Medicaid so I could skip the hearing. I have a right to a hearing. I will milk the illegal alien angle for all it's worth during the hearing.
    Keep at it. They WANT you to sit down and shut up, don't give them what they want. Again, if I can be of help, PM me, and I will gladly reply with my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3

Keep at it. They WANT you to sit down and shut up, don't give them what they want. Again, if I can be of help, PM me, and I will gladly reply with my phone number.
    DK3,

Thanks and I'll send you a PM soon. Hearing scheduled for this upcoming Friday afternoon.

Annie

I met with the Medicaid hearing examiner and a couple of employees at the local goverment branch this past Friday. The examiner has five days to give me his decision. I will submit an updated report soon. The hearing took about a 1/2 hour and I spent at least the last half discussing illegal immigration issues. I cannot believe one of the employees asked me what an anchor baby was. I also wore my ALIPAC t-shirt.

More later. . .

Go Annie!!!!!

And good luck with everything. I hope that you can get the support that you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast