Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks Gingerurp for the latest support.

The letter came back today saying Medicaid is still denied.

I already knew I was over a couple of limits over and stupidly low limits too for a monthly income for a family ($544) of three and no more than $3,000 in assets. This includes your vehicle and life-insurance policy cash value.

I told them I need my vehicle which is probably worth $2,500 and I don't want to cash out my life insurance policy (the cash value less than $3,000) because if something happens to me my kids will need the money.

Well, I've been doing some research online and need to do some more soon because I may have some alternatives but they are not promising.

Because I'm a legal US citizen and not an illegal alien it is doubtful I will receive Medicaid. Because of my age, I don't believe I would have even been eligblie to apply if I was a male and/or didn't have minor children living in my home.

The system sucks and more citizens need to stand up and tell these sucker government employees. At least this way, we'd be making them work for their jobs a little.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    noillegal, in Oregon, you cannot have more than $2000.00 in the bank, period. They do not consider your car in that at all, nor if you own your own home or not. They do look at income and I personally do not know the limits.

When my husband was out of work a long time ago and we were living on our recent tax return (wasn't fortune). We paid up our rent, our electric and our phone (needed for job search). We had another bill with the gas company that was up for shut off, so that too had to be paid. When all was said and done, we were down to zero real fast.

We knew we needed to ask for food help, we had three kids in the house to feed and no job yet in sight.

We were told by the worker that she would not approve our application until she received a detailed list with receipts of what we spent our tax refund on. Now mind you, according to the federal guidelines your tax refuns is just that, it is not income which is what this worker was implying as well as asking for excessive documentation.

We called the legal aid office and they had us taken care of within 24 hours.

The reason this felt so gratifying was that we were honsetly in need, not lazy or dysfunctional, and this woman took matters into her own hands instead of applying the rules across the board for all.

Do go to the local legal aid office. These nominal amounts they say is the reason for denial when you are in need is outrageous. I myself have no health insurance, although our kids do qualify, but they say our income is too much for me to qualify? This never made sense to me.

I could recount so many stories like the one I have just shared that I have heard directly from people about the state and the way they deal with things, and their inequalities.

In Oregon right now, maybe all over, if you are a drug addict and have been arrested for drug possesion, you get to have state funded Medicaid as well as disability. But..if you are a struggling honest person in need of temporary help, no way.

This world has become so backwards. Good luck!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12