Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Memo to Trump: Don't appoint Romney

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Memo to Trump: Don't appoint Romney

Memo to Trump: Don't appoint Romney

By J. Marsolo

There is much talk on all the TV news and opinion shows and the political journals that Donald Trump will appoint Mitt Romney to secretary of state, or some other important office.

This would be a mistake.

Mitt Romney did not want Trump as the nominee. He could have shown some class and loyalty to the Republican Party by keeping his opinion to himself. Instead, he went public with repeated savage attacks not only on Trump's policies but mostly on Trump's character. This was completely uncalled for. Trump won the primaries; he was the nominee. Trump had endorsed and supported Romney in 2012. Romney should have either endorsed and supported Trump or stayed quiet and not attacked Trump.

I could understand Romney criticizing Trump's policies during the primaries and Romney endorsing another candidate during the primaries. But he did not do that. He attacked Trump after Trump won the nomination. This helped Hillary, not Trump. It was disloyal and stupid.

Simply stated, Romney does not deserve any important office in the Trump administration, especially not the secretary of state. The secretary represents the president in dealings with all nations. Along with the secretary of treasury, attorney general, and secretary of defense (originally of war), it was one of the first four Cabinet positions created. It is an important and prestigious office.

Trump will not gain anything from his loyal supporters by appointing Romney. The MSM will cheer him for a few days, but the decision will send a message to Trump's supporters that disloyalty gets rewarded.

It is clear the Rudy Giuliani wants the secretary of state office. He is the most loyal supporter of Trump, and more qualified than Romney for any office. He deserves the office, or any other office he and Trump agree upon.

The only office that might make sense is to appoint Romney ambassador to Israel because Romney and Benjamin Netanyahu are friends.

But the best course for Trump meeting with Romney at the New Jersey golf course is to allow Romney to apologize for his remarks, and give Romney some golf passes to Trump's golf courses, and send Mitt back to Massachusetts.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...nt_romney.html
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Trump ran on a populist platform. I sincerely doubt that many of the hardline GOP stances would get our country back on track. It's not just a matter of making new manufacturing or production jobs for middle America. How are people going to get to brick and mortar jobs? And what about the housing and building stock---which by now is severely run down via neglect and harsh economic impact, and how does that impact obtaining real estate loans, even if you do have a good job? The shift to knowledge economy doesn't seem to be working except on the coasts, so middle America has to find other solutions. And it has a severely steep upward climb to truly restore prosperity.

Prove me wrong. But, remember, the GOP has blown if before which is why we got stuck with eight years of Obama and negative policies. Maybe the GOP, even with its vested interests would be better---but that is irrelevant since we now live in an era where media criticism affects everything.

I would have trusted Romney with the presidency when he first ran in 2008. And even if he truly were too liberal he would have just been one part of a party machine, so it would have made very little difference.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Romney is a CFR globalist and as such would have a very different agenda and world view than Trump has articulated. Therefore, Romney would not be a good choice to be Secretary of State in a Trump administration.

I supported Romney back then too, as he was the most conservative candidate with a realistic chance of being elected.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I completely agree!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Trump takes his enemies and gives them jobs and assigns them assistants who are loyal to Trump they can keep an eye on everything they do and report it directly to Trump.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump was pretty liberal, also---at least in a lot of his statements. The bottom line is that I think either major Party could win---when they wake up to what the undifferentiated middle wants. You know, and is in wake up and smell the coffee. So the Trump Administration had better deliver on their promises, or else the media will relentlessly attack them.

If Romney would have made an excellent president eight years ago, why wouldn't he make an excellent Secretary of State now?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I didn't say Romney would have made an excellent POTUS. I said he was the most conservative candidate at the time with a realistic chance of winning. Thankfully we now have a much better candidate who has actually won the election.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    If Trump takes his enemies and gives them jobs and assigns them assistants who are loyal to Trump they can keep an eye on everything they do and report it directly to Trump.
    Sounds like a good way to get killed to me.

Et tu brute?

I think we should keep our White House and government free of "enemies".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get killed to me.

Et tu brute?

I think we should keep our White House and government free of "enemies".

Yeah, why play games? Trump should just hire like-minded people and get the job done he was hired to do by the people of the USA.

Mitt Romney Is Under 'Active Consideration' to Be Secretary of State

Wall Street Journal - ‎4 hours ago‎
    Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is under “active consideration” to be secretary of state in the Trump administration, Vice President-Elect Mike Pence said Sunday, a day after Mr. Romney met with President-elect Donald Trump.
    Highly Cited:Romney and Trump to discuss secretary of state position, NBC source says
    CNBC

Trending:Trump, Romney, once bitter rivals, meet, smile, shake hands
    PBS NewsHour

Opinion:Op-Ed: Why Trump is right to hire his biggest critic
    CNBC

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast