Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Message deleted

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm glad a solution was found here. Certainly W is right, we don't want to do anything that helps them or attracts recruits to their cause. At the same time, we need to know what they are up to. These groups you mentioned are not mere bragging jaw flappers like some. They are organized, smart, well-heeled, and quite effective. How effective? They got the H-1b quota doubled in the lame duck congress of 99 or 00 (I forget, it's early here and I'm not awake yet). Because those visas can be good up to 6 years, they have only recently begun expiring. The effect on our labor market during the downturn was remarkable. The small upturn we are seeing now in IT may well be due in large part to these visas not being so available plus the expirations. When the visas were at the high cap, all sorts of IT work was going on in the US (you could tell, it was like standing next to a buzzing hive) - but nobody was hiring.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Hi Hilander and Northofthecity,

I can post it back into the Registered Users Only section if that would be secure enough (secure from things or functions that would otherwise "elevate" the urls). I still have the formatted content.

Should I?

Thanks much,
    Coto
    COTO
    if you're going to put information such as the previous, don't put the 'links' as links ......place them as, I don't know what it's called - maybe code? - in other words, one can take the link and post it into another window but canNOT click on the link from our site.

I'm sure you know what I mean even if I can't explain it properly
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    A simple way to avoid the problem is to type out the word 'dot' in the web address like this...

www dot alipac dot us.

Foils the bots every time...

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    A simple way to avoid the problem is to type out the word 'dot' in the web address like this...

www dot alipac dot us.

Foils the bots every time...

What's going on with this forum is that text which appears to be a URL gets rendered as a clickable link automatically even if outside any tags. That's fine as long as the forum disallows link following by bots. But, I found this line of HTML in the source for ALIPAC forum pages:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, FOLLOW">

This code appears on all pages of this forum and allows bots to follow links to other sites, which enhances the value of those sites. If this forum were set up to produce the code below:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, NOFOLLOW">

then links to other sites would still work but SE bots would just ignore them.

Just a suggestion.....
    The New America: Of the System, by the System and for the System

Hi NorthOfTheCity,
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthOfTheCity
    <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, NOFOLLOW">
    Hmm. Since there's no BB Code equivilant, then the bot can pull and follow the URLs out of messages posted. So does the SE then "promote" the URL in the hierarchy of what it will present as search query responses?

I reposted to
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=57386
    by the way.
    Thanks,
    Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Thank you very much Coto. Thumbs up!

I read somewhere just recently that England is taking the same approach as our country did, and they are going to move 500,000 jobs outside of the U.K in the near future.

Makes me wonder what the Brits are going to do?

Hi Hylander,
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    I read somewhere just recently that England is taking the same approach as our country did, and they are going to move 500,000 jobs outside of the U.K in the near future.
    It's been ongoing in the UK:
    http://www.antioffshore.org/index.php?o ... t&catid=15

Unlike us, the British have job destruction countermeasures - the TUPE law:
    http://www.antioffshore.org/index.php?o ... 2&Itemid=2

Bank customers, in the UK, must endure widespread, out of control, identity theft, where their personal info is sold in India for 8 pound sterling per customer. India based bank employees accuse the reporters of committing racism, for reporting these crimes.
    http://www.antioffshore.org/index.php?o ... =2054#2054

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12