Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Message from Ron Paul Campaign

See inspiring message below:

January 30, 2008

Every movement in history has faced some time of testing, some experience that either forges it into something strong and unified, or forces it to fade away into the history books as another failed experiment.

Dr. Paul has written to you that we are heading straight for Super Tuesday. Our opponents are free to beat up on each other and wear themselves down while we gather our supporters and prepare to storm the convention with delegates.

Last night, over 60,000 people stood up and asked for an end to the runaway violation of our liberties. But contrary to the impression you may be getting from the mainstream media, no national delegates have yet been won in Florida. Those delegates will only be awarded between February 6 and April 30 at delegate selection caucuses, and many of those delegates will be supporters of Dr. Paul.

Ron Paul is the only candidate not to give up on any state in the Republican race, and just as we competed strongly in overlooked states like Nevada and Louisiana, so too will we compete in Maine, Minnesota, and other states that the so-called "top-tier" candidates are content to ignore.

Now, as the focus shifts to Super Tuesday, Rudy's campaign is crushed, Huckabee is losing momentum by the day, and McCain and Romney are fighting over who is the most liberal.

We've been here before. In 1776, despite a courageous effort at holding onto the city, George Washington ceded New York and quickly retreated to New Jersey.

1777 brought the British recapture of Fort Ticonderoga, as well as American defeats at Brandywine and Germantown.

And then, during the winter of 1777-1778, Washington and his army faced perhaps their most humiliating moment, forced to endure a harsh Pennsylvania winter with limited supplies at Valley Forge.

The American revolutionaries dealt with their defeats, focused on their goals, and emerged from Valley Forge as a force that would defeat the most powerful nation on earth.

Our momentum is building. Each one of us, from Dr. Paul himself down to the grassroots supporter who donates the last $5�he or she�can give, is focused on the goal.

Early in the struggle for American independence, George Washington wrote: "Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages." Even then, Washington realized that a fierce struggle for self-government can only be won with a spirit of determination equal to the challenge.

Today, in the midst of our new revolution, let's consider Washington's words once again. The task before us is enormous. The foes of liberty are deeply entrenched, and they will not relinquish their power without a struggle.

But fighting in our favor is the unconquerable human spirit, the innate desire to be free. We must embrace this inner strength, dig in our heels, and persevere, just as Washington and his rag-tag colonials, the first American grassroots patriots, did before us. And if we must pass through a Valley Forge or two along the way to victory, let those times of testing temper the steel of our determination.

If Ron Paul is to continue his fight for liberty to the Republican Convention, we need your help in two critical ways:

1. Become a precinct leader today: It's easy, but more importantly, it's vital to Ron Paul's success: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

2. Donate: Just as the Continental Congress supplied General Washington's troops in the field, we too must raise as much money as we can to equip our grassroots supporters.

Help us win this revolution and usher in a new era of freedom, peace, and prosperity. Donate today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Matthew Hawes, Policy Assistant
    Daniel McCarthy, Internet Communications Coordinator
    Jonathan Bydlak, Fundraising Director
    Ron Paul 2008

I will be giving Ron Paul's campaign some more money on Monday! I love this guy! Ron Paul 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    I will be giving Ron Paul's campaign some more money on Monday! I love this guy! Ron Paul 2008!
    I mail a check at the first of the month and if there is money at the end of the month I send another. Luckily, this month, I had enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrIH65VWGEI

The video above is the 7.5 minutes Ron Paul was given to speak during the entire debate Tonight.

Anderson Cooper should be ashamed of himself for his bias coverage. The media doesnt hide its influence, it flouts it. Anderson also didnt give fair coverage to Huckabee. Its time all candidates get equal opporunity.

I have a very long list of letters to write (local politicians, federal politicians, newspapers, etc), but Anderson Cooper is now on my list too.

Go Ron Paul!!

BELOW IS ANOTHER INSPIRING MESSAGE FROM DR. PAUL:

January 28, 2008

When I started this campaign more than a year ago, I was a somewhat
    reluctant candidate. I knew our message of freedom, peace, and prosperity was the right one for our country, but frankly, I didn't know how many people today would have ears to hear it.

Well, did I learn a lesson! Millions of Americans understand what ails
    our country, and what is needed to fix it. So, with you at my side, I
    am in this effort to win. Not only by building the ideas of liberty, but
    by getting the nomination. Our opponents would call that nuts -- you
    know, the advocates of more inflation, more spending, more taxes, more
    war. But let me explain why they are, as usual, all wet.

For one thing, for the first time since 1952, we are headed towards a
    brokered convention. Instead of a coronation of one of the establishment
    candidates, the delegates, influenced by the people, will decide. And
    I am afraid that this will take place in a time of heightened economic
    crisis. That means even more Americans will be ready to hear our
    message. But it also means I am really going to need your help.

One would never know this from the mainstream media, but we've only had a few primaries and caucuses, and even after the extremely important date of February 5th, we will still have more than half to go. And the Republican nominee will not be decided by the popular vote among the
    "leading candidates" in a few states also handpicked by the media. The
    nominee will be decided by the delegates. So let me tell you a little
    about our "under-the-radar" strategy to get those delegates.

On "Super Tuesday," February 5th, there will be 22 primaries and
    caucuses. I have a hunch that we're going to do very well. But, of course,
    the media and the rest of the establishment refuse to recognize that.
    It's the attitude of the small child who covers his eyes to make something
    scary go away. But we are not going away.

While the media focus on the couple of states they claim are important,
    we're competing everywhere. And the reason that we're able to do that
    is because of your grassroots support. You all are an asset that no
    other campaign has: donors, and activists who want no special deals from
    the government, just the Constitution.

We're competing very strongly in all the caucus states, and in all
    other states where delegates are up for grabs. And we're going to keep
    picking up delegates. Our strategy's already working.

And we're committed to winning states. I have little doubt that if we
    can double our efforts in this coming week, we're going to grab many
    delegates from other candidates. Then we'll start getting ready for the
    biggest moment of all - the convention in September.

The path to the convention is twisty, however. When we were in Iowa, we
    got 10% of the vote. But no delegates were awarded that night. That's
    because voters didn't directly choose national convention delegates;
    they selected the county and state delegates who will make that decision.
    And if another candidate like Mike Huckabee is no longer in the race
    at the time of the state convention in June, his delegates are free to
    support whomever they want. If we work extra hard, we can convert them into delegates for our campaign!

A similar thing happened in Nevada. We won 14% of the straw poll vote
    that the media reported on, but what they didn't tell you was that we
    may have gotten up to a third of Nevada's delegates to their county
    conventions! I always laughed when I heard some people say Nevada didn't matter. Nevada chooses more delegates to the national convention than South Carolina.

So, while the media will focus on the results from Florida, and
    probably take down the campaign of my friend Rudy in the process, those
    results are less important to you and me. Let them fight in Florida while we bring our message to Americans in other areas, like the economically
    hard-hit state of Maine.

We want to win as many delegates to the Republican National Convention
    as possible, even if other campaigns don't see some areas of the
    country as "important. But in this work, I need your help. Help me get many, many delegates to this historic convention, by these three methods.

1. Donate. Your generous contributions are essential if we're going to
    keep going until September. We need, frankly $5 million by February 5
    to run more TV and radio ads in the Super Tuesday states. Your help
    means everything: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

2. Canvass. You can help us identify those who support our message in
    your precinct. You can help us to convert others, too. After all, your
    neighbors pay attention to you. I am going to visit as much of the
    country as I can, but I need you as my partner in your area:
    https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

3. ASK others to sign-up on our website. I meet so many people on the
    campaign trail who don't even receive my letters! I've told my campaign
    to make communication with you, the engine of all this, much better.
    But if people don't sign up for my e-mails, that won't happen. If you
    could just get one extra person to sign-up, that would be great. More
    would be tremendous.

Help me by forwarding this e-mail to every other Ron Paul supporter you
    know, and urging them to join our efforts!
    https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join.

We've come so far, but now the fun is really starting! I have a feeling
    the mainstream media will move from ignoring us to attacking us. But
    that will be a sign of our success. Join me as we continue this great
    movement into year two, and to a hot convention in Minneapolis-Saint
    Paul. We can do it!

Sincerely,

Ron[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrIH65VWGEI

The video above is the 7.5 minutes Ron Paul was given to speak during the entire debate Tonight.

Anderson Cooper should be ashamed of himself for his bias coverage. The media doesnt hide its influence, it flouts it. Anderson also didnt give fair coverage to Huckabee. Its time all candidates get equal opporunity.

I have a very long list of letters to write (local politicians, federal politicians, newspapers, etc), but Anderson Cooper is now on my list too.

Go Ron Paul!!
    We had a guy come into our local Ron Paul office, an immigrant from the old Soviet Bloc. He said that in the old country, the people at least knew that the news was fake. Here, people buy it.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams