Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Metal Border Fence in Arizona Town Is Coming Down

Metal Border Fence in Arizona Town Is Coming Down

Published May 30, 2011

Reuters

NOGALES, Ariz. — The old sheet-metal border fence in downtown Nogales is coming down.

It's being replaced by a see-through, vertical post-style fence.

The Nogales International reports the 2.8 mile, nearly $12 million project has been under way on the outskirts of town since March.

Ground was broken last week in the heart of downtown Nogales for the new fence, leaving a gaping hole just west of the Dennis DeConcini Port of Entry.

The Border Patrol said the difference between the new and old fence is agents can see through it.

The government hopes it will discourage people from throwing rocks from the Mexican side because agents will now be able to see their assailants.

Some residents say it doesn't matter what kind of fence is put up. It's still a wall dividing two nations.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/30/me ... z1NsqSmUx9
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And?

Some residents say it doesn't matter what kind of fence is put up. It's still a wall dividing two nations.

Its not the wall dividing our Nations at all. Its the complete LACK of respect by one nation's population for the sovereignty of the other...If you listen to the hateful rhetoric of these Reconqista maniacs their agenda calls for the destruction of all non-hispanics in North America and a complete takeover by them...

The wall does not divide us. Their hatred divides us and we will protect ourselves.

Re: And?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9

Its not the wall dividing our Nations at all. Its the complete LACK of respect by one nation's population for the sovereignty of the other...If you listen to the hateful rhetoric of these Reconqista maniacs their agenda calls for the destruction of all non-hispanics in North America and a complete takeover by them...

The wall does not divide us. Their hatred divides us and we will protect ourselves.
    Good post. Their hate and disrespect for our soveirgn borders is what is dividing us. Yet they whine and make us out to be the bad guys.

Banned
    DANG roofman when i seen the post i said here comes the moat. The problem there there is as many illegals on both sides of the fence and they have family on both sides.They would love to see the fence gone.(mod edit)

it would be better ( mod edit)
    no amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It sucks cause this is the kind of fence they're going to put up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHjKBjM1 ... r_embedded
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, this is a mesh fence, not the 6" metal ones we have here in CA with cement & a 1" rebar inside.
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Banned
    May I speak for the current administration and suggest "a fence.. a mesh fence,with metal snippers, and a ladder ...with steps"

Banned
    Oh and a juice bar for our thirsty future voters!

At some point if we lose our fight it will be Mexico on both sides. Watcha gonna do then
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast