Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexican Corn

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think we can see how the economic plight causes immigrant flight.

Guess who started it.

I agree completely. We should stop taking advantage of Mexico and it's poor citizens. Instead, we should prosecute heavily any company or individual which employs an illegal migrant worker without paying full and equal wages, benefits, and taxes, as would be provided were the worker a citizen. We should also, for the benefit of the nation of Mexico, stop allowing all of their most ambitious to leave that country to come work here on the cheap. If we allow all of the ambitions people to leave Mexico (and walking across a desert looks pretty ambitious to me) then soon Mexico will be left with only the unfit and unambitious. That would be a travesty for the nation of Mexico.

From the braceros of the 1940's to the modern day skilled laborer.

Americans ower their current standard of living to the Mexican labor force that subsidizes the vaccums in the Native Born Americans to pull their weight in the lannbor force.

Today the labor fields have changed from stoop labor in the agriculture industry to the fast food and hospitality industry.

Where jaded American teenagers will not work for $6.50 an hour. FOrcing shift managers to be bi-lingual and earning a differential for that skill.

How are you going to blame that on the Mexican Ready labor force. Legal or otherwise.

First, we are concerned with ALL illegal immigrants, not just those who are hispanic. However, hispanics are the greatest number of illegal immigrants, thus most of our focus is naturally upon them. The greatest concern I currently have about illegal immigration is security concerns, not economic or health issues, even though those are legitimate.

I do not recall anyone here blaming the hispanic people who are coming across the border for the problem. We view the hispanic people who are crossing the border illegally as the border as BEING the problem, not the cause. The people crossing the border, while showing contempt for will of the people and for our law, ARE simply trying to improve their lives.

The causes include taxation laws and such within the U.S. which make hiring illegal workers under the table more attractive to employers. Corrupt governments in other nations which do not provide an environment in which their people can flourish. Our own public policies of giving financial assistance, education, welfare, medical care, etc.. because their own governments refuse to do so. Among other things.

Mexico, for instance, could be a very wealthy nation, if they tapped their oil reserves. However, the powers that be in Mexico prefer to see the lower classes leave and beecome someone elses problem, and sit on their own little hoard of oil and cash.

Forget about things which would cost Mexico money.. like Americans moving there and expecting welfare. Americans cannot even go to Mexico and be treated by criminal law with as much respect for rights, as America treats illegal aliens when they commit crimes here.

Mexico likes to say we have no right to keep people from entering our nation illegally, then by what right does Mexico keep people from further south from entering Mexico?

America owes our quality of life to our work ethic, our culture and system of governance, and the ingenuity and skills of our people. Migrant labor has mostly come and then gone home to their own countries after working low skill jobs.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americans ower their current standard of living to the Mexican labor force that subsidizes the vaccums in the Native Born Americans to pull their weight in the lannbor force.
    My dear EL T,
    With all due respect, I beg to differ. There is some very interesting AMERICAN HISTORY that would benefit you if you choose to take the time for an advanced education.

I know that in your heart you didn't mean to disrespect all nationalities that used their sweat and brains to build this country and I especially know that you wouldn't insult our black AMERICANS that worked for nothing for several centuries.

As a matter of fact, I know you would honor my family, all who arrived at ELLIS ISLAND LEGALLY and helped build this nation, fought for this nation and died for this nation. Demanded that their family respect the CONSTITUTION and were intelligent enough to understand the benefits of learning English for constructive communication and education.

daughter of WWII Vet
    wife of ASA Vet - 66-70
    mom of Sailor - Gulf 1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Tejano
    From the braceros of the 1940's to the modern day skilled laborer.

Today the labor fields have changed from stoop labor in the agriculture industry to the fast food and hospitality industry.

Where jaded American teenagers will not work for $6.50 an hour. FOrcing shift managers to be bi-lingual and earning a differential for that skill.

How are you going to blame that on the Mexican Ready labor force. Legal or otherwise.
    There's more you know what here than in a Christmas turkey.I know that in my home state here in California 'the labor ready Mexicans" are by far the most discriminating,prejudicial,people in the job market as far as hiring goes.Their own ideosyncracies of other Latins even has them discriminating against Latinos!This country was fine before and after Braceros and if more jobs were opened up ridding our nation of unwanted illegals someone would work them.Tejano you know good and well that many of these illegals have more than one job and I've personally known some with 3.So save that 'we need them' type stuff for someone who does't know better.

Also it's because of these people,their actions,and their unwanted prescence that my own children will more than likely face resentment and anti-Latin sentiment somewhere down the line because people will just end up with a grudge against all Latinos,legal or not.And my kids family has been here since the Revolutionary War!So fair for illegals means less than nothing to me.

Re: Mexican Corn

Quote Originally Posted by El_Tejano
    http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1316083
    What a crock. Oh wait,it's NPR,It's gotta be true.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast