Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mexican Corn

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm also tired of the claims that this land 'belonged' to Spain. It belonged to the people that were later named 'Indians'...indigent peoples...for well over 10,000 years before Spain ever laid eyes on it.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Hey El Tejano

Congratulations! You've spouted every stale 60's aging hippie cliche I've ever heard in just three posts! That was pretty good! Slipping in that little aside to Nazi Germany was especially mind-numbing! oh wait--you forgot the Klan! Try to work the Klan into your next post or I'll be very disappointed.

However did we drooling racist retard Americans ever get by without all that cheap illegal labor?

We have sent space craft out of this solar system while most of the Third World can't keep the electricity on or keep a drinkable water supply intact. You aren't qualified to pass judgement on us. I see that you blame America for NAFTA while conveniently leaving out the fact that old Vicente Fox was equal partners in it. But as Americans have come to expect from Third Worlders, you take no responsibility for your own decisions and blame the white man for your failures. It's like dealing with children.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    rickesteves

I would be careful about using the word "stolen" Keep in mind that many illegal aliens do not feel they need our legal blessings to enter the US because they feel the land belongs to them.

They say "We did not cross the border...the border crossed US"

W
    I'll give an example of my use of 'stolen' here.My great grandmother's grandfather was from Barcelona,Spain.He settled in Calaveras County in north central California.During the Goldrush he saw many of his neighbors either killed or forcibly removed from their property by people that were here seeking gold.Most of these victims happened to be Spanish,Italian,and Mexican.So he changed his name to Stroud thinking he could avoid the same fate.He didn't.He sits in the cemetary in San Andreas Ca. with the details of his murder on his headstone.
    I know how the illegals think this 'belongs' to them.Many are illiterate and only go by the propagandist word of mouth info.The truth is California had more Spanish not Mexican people although both were part of New Spain.There's a reason there is California and Baja California.The only California they have a 'right' to is the Baja one.

Re: Hey El Tejano

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Congratulations! You've spouted every stale 60's aging hippie cliche I've ever heard in just three posts! That was pretty good! Slipping in that little aside to Nazi Germany was especially mind-numbing! oh wait--you forgot the Klan! Try to work the Klan into your next post or I'll be very disappointed.

However did we drooling racist retard Americans ever get by without all that cheap illegal labor?

We have sent space craft out of this solar system while most of the Third World can't keep the electricity on or keep a drinkable water supply intact. You aren't qualified to pass judgement on us. I see that you blame America for NAFTA while conveniently leaving out the fact that old Vicente Fox was equal partners in it. But as Americans have come to expect from Third Worlders, you take no responsibility for your own decisions and blame the white man for your failures. It's like dealing with children.
    Even aging hippies are fed up.

Immigration is as American as apple pie, hot dogs and baseball. Generation after generation has seen people from around the world look to America and see beacon of freedom and well-being. They desire to cast their hopes and desires in with everything they see - they want to BE AMERICANS too.

Maybe I miss that part of the argument when I read or listen to the supporters of the Hispanic community, or the Latino population.....that little bit about being American.

I feel angry every single time I read or listen to the Latino or Hispanic supporter who thinks because I do not simply embrace and welcome those people who come here illegally that I must be a racist. At the same time, I feel shame every time I read the fodder the racists, the radicals, and the just plain looney give to those who wish to cast aside the rule of law when it comes to immigration.

I have heard the argument that 'We are a nation of immigrants" which is true. I also know that millions upon millions of us Americans have come to this country by abiding the long, arduos and expensive legal route immigrating to the US. Next, they must begin the process of becoming American. Every time someone crosses into this country illegally, they start off on the wrong footing.

Instead of casting their desires and hopes in with the rest of us, they must hide and keep apart to avoid being caught because their first decision to get here was to break our laws. They cannot join in the very things that drew them here to begin with, the idea and hope of being American.

I grew up in San Diego and went to school with many Mexican-Americans. I served in the Army beside many more Hispanic-Americans. Where I live, there are a few Americans of Hispanic descent and I call them neighbor. Perhaps you have caught the theme here?

I, for one, do not wish to send anyone who has found their way here by a legal means back across any border, or ocean. I hope at some point, the people who are crying foul the loudest will do some reflection and realize that being American is what we all have in common, whether we are Anglo-American, African-American, Asian-American, etc.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Not Anglo,African,or Asian American-just American!It's simple.

Welcome, Rarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    And futhermore, if the United States hadn't won the American-Mexican War, the Southwest Territory of the United States would be just like Mexico is today.

The Americans won and it's a damn good thing we did.

Mexico has only one problem it can legitimately whine about and that is its form of government.

What it can not whine about especially to Americans, is the unwillingness of the Mexican People to correct it.
    Yup the manifest Destiny Mentality is still alive and well. Me and many more will be militant towards you and those who adopt this kind of thinking.

We will do what ever we can to use our knowledge and influence to equalize things.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    I served in the Marine Corps
    God Bless your father.

As far as serving in the Marine Corps, sorry, you're not & never have been a Marine.
    My Memory and DD214 say different.

I just realized later on in life what a lying govt we have. That uses us as canon fodder.

You will find that alot of veterans are anti-war and anti-govt. Who more than them have a right to protest injustice and lies. After all we paid the ultimate price to speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    l-T,

With this new information on your background, it is quite clear that your reality is my romantic memory.

You are a Caucasian American.

Get over it!
    Chale ! I am Mexican American a.k.a. CHICANO!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast