Oh how the world turns. Today I went to visit my father who lives in Tijuana and had a chat with his carpenter Jesus about what he heard on the news.

He told me that on the news he heard that thousands of mexicans are returning to Mexico. He was clearly upset and explained to me that all that cheap labor is going to hurt him economicaly. Jesus, then told me a story that happened about a week ago, were a lady wanted to know how much he would charge her to put some floor tile. He told her that he charges 75 pesos (6.5 dlls) a square meter. The lady told her it was too expensive, and that another man who was recently deported from the U.S. would charge her 25 pesos ( 2.25 dlls) a square meter. Jesus was stunned and told me that how can someone charge so low. He figured that all those migrants comming back are going to bring down wages in Tijuana and that it would be wise to control the ammount of labor in the city by having unions or patrol stations question mexicans migrating to Tijuana and restricting them from entering the city. I laughed my ass off. I told him that he and some other carpenters should form a minutemen group and patrol the city of Tijuana so cheap workers from southern mexico do not hurt his livelyhood (That would be unconstitutional, but I said it in joking way). I also told him that its going to get very tough for mexicans to find work because of the large number of mexicans comming back, the financial crisis in the U.S. which afects the mexican economy and the sharp drop in remittances comming from the U.S..

After a few minutes, he then confesed to know how Americans feel about mexicans going into the U.S. and bringing down wages.