Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MEXICAN PRESIDENT TELLS U.S. GOVERNORS ..................

Mexican president tells U.S. governors: migration inevitable, natural

By: MARK STEVENSON - Associated Press

PUERTO PENASCO, Mexico -- President Felipe Calderon told U.S. governors Thursday that immigration is an inevitable, natural phenomenon and he urged the U.S. Congress to approve reforms that would allow more Mexicans to work legally north of the border.

Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."

"Immigration is a natural phenomenon that is economically and socially inevitable," he told the meeting in this seaside resort.

In a rare acknowledgment of the costs of migration for Mexico, Calderon said his country "doesn't not celebrate migration ... our best people are the ones who go."

Immigration and border security were among the top issues at the meeting, the 25th annual such event between Mexican and U.S. governors from states along the two countries' common border.

Mexican officials were focused on stopping the illegal flow of U.S. weapons into Mexico and protesting expansion of U.S. border fencing. For the Americans, the drug trade, migration and border security topped the list.

On Monday, the U.S. government announced plans to erect about 370 miles of fencing and 200 miles of vehicle barriers by the end of 2008.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has opposed the border fencing, praised Mexico and its cooperation with its northern neighbor.

"The relationship has become stronger and stronger each year," he said. "We have become more than just good neighbors. We have become great friends."

Describing his many visits to Mexico since his first one 40 years ago, Schwarzenegger lifted a line from his movie "Terminator," quipping, "I always look forward to saying, 'I'll be back."'

Eduardo Bours, governor of the border state of Sonora, called for more border crossings, saying those that exist between Arizona and Sonora are saturated.

"There are lines of three, four and five hours, and so we have to invest much more in border crossings," he said.

While all six Mexican border-state governors were scheduled to attend, two out of four U.S. governors were not coming. New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and Texas Gov. Rick Perry did not attend.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/09 ... ogcomments

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/09 ... ogcomments

Calderon needs to get a grip. In his mind he might rule this country, in actual fact he does not and his is a foreign government, and a corrupt one at that, blatantly interfering with, and encouraging invasion of, another nation.

I can't wait until we have a President and other elected officials who will, once and for all, put this scum in his place and begin treating Mexico as the enemy it has been shown to be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My Govenor John Huntsman from Utah loves illegal immigrants.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    My Govenor John Huntsman from Utah loves illegal immigrants.
    Boy you got that right Paige! What a loser huntsman jr. is.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

In a rare acknowledgment of the costs of migration for Mexico, Calderon said his country "doesn't not celebrate migration ... our best people are the ones who go."
    If that's the case, then Mexico is in REAL trouble! They best they have are drunk drivers, identity theives and rapists? What's the worst like???
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Governator Arnie needs to be inundated with letters and calls to educate him about what these illegal aliens are doing to our country. He's the one holding the front door open.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: MEXICAN PRESIDENT TELLS U.S. GOVERNORS .................

Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."
    I guess he's too thick to grasp the irony of that statement. On the other hand, maybe it's just his big F-you to Mexico's poor.

"Immigration is a natural phenomenon that is economically and socially inevitable," he told the meeting in this seaside resort.
    Although people have migrated to this nation since its beginning, there is no precedent for today's mass exodus from Mexico. That probably has to do with a thing we used to practice called immigration law enforcement. Calderon's characterization of this migration as some inevitable historic tide is nothing but an attempt at sidestepping accountability. It's the perfect rationalization under the circumstances, and I'm sure he sleeps well at night.

And, of course, he weeps copiously for Mexico while haranguing the US to take the plague of peasants off his hands.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has opposed the border fencing, praised Mexico and its cooperation with its northern neighbor.

"The relationship has become stronger and stronger each year," he said. "We have become more than just good neighbors. We have become great friends."

Describing his many visits to Mexico since his first one 40 years ago, Schwarzenegger lifted a line from his movie "Terminator," quipping, "I always look forward to saying, 'I'll be back."'
    I think any instinct Arnold might have had to stave off the destruction of his state has been beat out of him. It seems his indoctrination is complete.

Re: MEXICAN PRESIDENT TELLS U.S. GOVERNORS .................

I guess he's too thick to grasp the irony of that statement. On the other hand, maybe it's just his big F-you to Mexico's poor.

Although people have migrated to this nation since its beginning, there is no precedent for today's mass exodus from Mexico. That probably has to do with a thing we used to practice called immigration law enforcement. Calderon's characterization of this migration as some inevitable historic tide is nothing but an attempt at sidestepping accountability. It's the perfect rationalization under the circumstances, and I'm sure he sleeps well at night.

And, of course, he weeps copiously for Mexico while haranguing the US to take the plague of peasants off his hands.

I think any instinct Arnold might have had to stave off the destruction of his state has been beat out of him. It seems his indoctrination is complete.

Senor Calderon...Your Comments Are Inflammatory!

I never thought I would see the day when the greatest nation on earth could be reduced to the lowest common denominator! I never thought I would see the day when Mexico's PAN party is holding a convention in L.A. (actually, it's 1 mile from Watts in Lynwood)! I never thought I would see the day when the US just rolled over and allowed Mexico to overthrow our government ...without a whimper!

And, worst of all, we are not hearing ANY of the top three Republican candidates even hinting at telling Mexico to go to hell! We are in a free-fall, folks!

Calderon is just another by-product of a corrupt Mexican government. Why doesn't he just mind his own business? Calderon needs to CLEAN UP MEXICO and stop trying to encourage his uneducated and downtrodden people to come here to our country illegally.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast