Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The way I see it they are willing to fight in big numbers on both sides of the border. Is that not true? Those who are in Mexico fight there and the one in this country have been fighting here. How is what I said not true?
    The problem is they are here illegally. On top of that, many of them claim they are here to get away from poverty and corrupt government and demand that we give them anything they want.

So what I'm not understanding is why are they not in their own country helping out their fellow countrymen in the fight to get rid of the poverty and corrupt government that they don't like or want?

Furthemore, maybe you can give me some insight on this. Why are the illegals refusing to go through the exact same procedures all the legals go through to be here?

Quote Originally Posted by ldydrake
    The problem is they are here illegally. On top of that, many of them claim they are here to get away from poverty and corrupt government and demand that we give them anything they want.

So what I'm not understanding is why are they not in their own country helping out their fellow countrymen in the fight to get rid of the poverty and corrupt government that they don't like or want?

Furthemore, maybe you can give me some insight on this. Why are the illegals refusing to go through the exact same procedures all the legals go through to be here?
    Are you disputing that people here illegally are trying to get away from poverty? Are they just pretending?

The people you are referring to have moved/immigrated to this country. That could be a clue as to why they aren't fighting against corruption in Mexico as strongly as you would like. But make no mistake, they are willing to fight. You and I both saw it on March 25.

As far as going illegals going through the same steps as legals - if they did that they wouldn't be illegal. I guess it's a simple situation of not wanting to wait years and years (if it ever happens) to be able to come to this country. People are impatient by nature. Don't you want a solution now!

Are you disputing that people here illegally are trying to get away from poverty? Are they just pretending?
    I think it's pretty clear I'm not disputing poverty. I'm saying "pretending" because I've yet to hear any solid reasons for being here illegally. All I hear are poor excuses. Impatience is just a poor excuse, particularly when we have many people going through the process as per our laws.

Look, the excuse to escape poverty doesn't wash with me because rather than staying in their country and working to change things like their fellow countrymen, they decide to come here with complete disregard for our laws.

For example: This country went through poverty. Americans didn't run to escape it. We stayed here and pulled ourselves out of it.

Now we see Mexicans doing the same thing. They apparently are trying to make things better. So why are illegals not helping make their country better?

Also, look at what we are seeing. Illegals have no problem marching and protesting here for a better life .... but they can't do it in Mexico? Why?

The excuse to escape a corrupt government doesn't wash with me either for the simple fact that in Mexico, they can vote. If you don't like the government, vote them out of office.

The people you are referring to have moved/immigrated to this country. That could be a clue as to why they aren't fighting against corruption in Mexico as strongly as you would like. But make no mistake, they are willing to fight. You and I both saw it on March 25.
    Yes, they did move/immigrated to this country ... illegally. How is this so difficult to recognize? No it does nothing to give me a clue as to why the illegals won't fight in Mexico. Yes, they are willing to fight, but not in Mexico.

As far as going illegals going through the same steps as legals - if they did that they wouldn't be illegal.
    People don't have a problem with legals. If the illegals had done things the right way when they decided to come, there wouldn't be so many people upset now.

Quote Originally Posted by NextMove

As far as going illegals going through the same steps as legals - if they did that they wouldn't be illegal. I guess it's a simple situation of not wanting to wait years and years (if it ever happens) to be able to come to this country. People are impatient by nature. Don't you want a solution now!
    Poverty, in my mind, is not a justification for emigrating to another country illegally.

Consider, for example, what is happening in Rwanda, and other terrorized African countries. In my world view, the people coming here from Mexico may be fighting poverty, as you say. But are they are escaping from genocide, religious suppression, and terrorist attacks. NO!

And I know that I can't have a solution now. That is completely childish. Adult understand that they have to work for things (sometimes for a long time). Immediate gratification is not an adult attribute.

Re: Mexican protest Obrador loss

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    If they can protest about this then they can protest their goverment for better living conditions. Why aren't They???????

100,000 in Mexico protest Obrador loss - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060709/ap_ ... _elections

Good question.
    He is the Robin Hood of the poor ones
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=33505

Nextmove,

So maybe you can enlighten all of us on how wanting a better life, justifies illegal immigrants breaking the laws?

Cheyenne Woman,

The keg is full and you get first dibs!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Lol, where was everyone earlier when this happened?
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by NextMove

NEXTMOVE
    I beg to differ, but the mexican ILLEGALS are NOT willing to fight. They're so-called protest in American streets was certainly not a fight as it was protected by American law enforcement.

ILLEGALS did NOT immigrate. ILLEGALS broke into our home and are cowards. The reason being is that if they were courageous and willing to fight for their nation, they would have stayed in Mexico and fought to change their own government, not someone elses government, LOL.

They are simply cowards, cheats and thieves, many with violent tendancies, who need to be removed from American civil society.

They can go home and build their own country exactly the same way Americans built America. What's so difficult to understand? If they're such hard workers as has been touted from the rooftops, then mexico needs them as there's much work to do there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Nextmove,

So maybe you can enlighten all of us on how wanting a better life, justifies illegal immigrants breaking the laws?

Cheyenne Woman,

The keg is full and you get first dibs!
    Thank you sir!!

I've been waiting since 2pm (pst) for his reply.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast