Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh

Mexican truck deal moving along

Lou Dobbs reported that the Dept of Transportation is moving ahead with this project, even though Congress has rejected it twice and even though the DOT isn't holding the Mexican trucking companies to the minimum standards (proper IDs, proper saftey checks, etc.).

We are apparently in a 20-day period for making public comments about the Mexcian truck deal, so perhaps we should start letting the DOT know what we think.

Duh
    Duh

Great idea Duh.

Here is Teamsters link, with talking points, and link to submission form to the DOT. Looks like we had to do this by 5/31, but we should try anyway:

http://www.teamster.org/action/politica ... submit.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is something that we all shoild be aware of, I have just been to the DOT site and submitted my protest.

Duh
    Populist, I can't get on the DOT site right now via that link or even via a direct link to DOT www.fmcsa.dot.gov. The site seems to be down. Will try again later.

More from Lou Dobbs (just watched it again on TIVO) . . .

The new comment period extends until June 28th. (Let's all send our comments!!)

John H. Hill is DOT FMCSA Administrator.

FMCSA = Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

John Hill says, "We continue to meet or exceed every condition required by law." But they have not met the conditions. Problems:

1. No database of the driving records of Mexican truckers who will operate in the US.

2. DOT is NOT requiring all Mexican trucks to be inspected every time they cross into the US.

3. There is no certified lab in Mexico to administer drug testing to the Mexcian truck drivers who will drive in the US.

Duh
    Duh

Done! I went through the Teamster's site.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Just emailed all the info. to The Dave Nemo Show on channel 171 on XM. This is the truckers channel. They are already on this issue but I'm sure Dave will put a fire under their seat. We need to stop this. Our highways will become dieways if we don't.

Just posted by thoughts at the DOT site.

So it looks like the above Teamster works ok to submit comments through. I see they have good points listed on their site. If someone has another site to submit comments to, please post URL.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

added my thoughts.

Duh
    I got through today too.

Duh
    Duh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast