Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lets stop this!!

http://www.teamster.org/07news/nr_070829_1.asp

Reason against: The safety of the american public is in jeopardy

- The drivers are also mexican and there are significant concerns on driving records, accountability for accidents, safety on the highway (our signs are in english, they speak spanish, etc). Also this came out of NAFTA!!

- This isnt free trade - this is putting business profits above citizen safety.

I wrote to the contact at the teamsers to see if we (ordinary citizens) can do anything to help stop this. I will post back what I hear.

In the meantime I guess we can start calling our representatives!

I wrote to the contact at the teamsers to see if we (ordinary citizens) can do anything to help stop this. I will post back what I hear.
    Let me know what they say. I would file suit as a concerned citizen, but I haven't won lotto yet.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was listening to the John and Ken show KABC in Los Angeles today...A trucker who was furious called into the show and said that many Mexicans and their trucks are already here and driving everywhere, and nobody has been stopping them. He told about seeing some trucks in very bad dangerous conditions. There seems to be a concern that these truckers are going to be driving long hours with the help of drugs... Also he talked about many truckers from Mexico are illegals who are driving for American companies right now!

Now they have begun, I pray during the Labor Day Weekend that no one gets hurt. It will eventually happen, that an American will get killed by one of these Mexican truckers, not just one but many until the American people start shouting NO MORE.

The reason I say that because during my work break, I went to my car. I came across a parked car where I saw one of the janitor standing next to it and the car was blasting mexican music with his little religious trinkets like the Virgin Mary inside the car, but what got to me was as he was standing outside, I notice a bottle on the back of the trunk hood, at first I thought it was a soda....NOOOOO...it was beer. I'm like "Hey bato, your not in your little town over in Mexico". After that I never saw him again, so I believe someone reported him. Which I am glad, because it made me feel very uneasy.

Now just imagine with these truckers rolling in

Lets call our house and senate representative office about this TODAY! Only takes 5 min. and we can get part of this off our chest.

I've been in Mexico on the roads with the trucks. The first thing they tell you when you enter is to get off the road by dark because of the truckers. It is that bad.
    I've been in contact with the DOT and reps about this. No one answers. This will be a real problem with Mexican truckers taking American truckers jobs.
    Our police have been told to keep their hands off the Mexican trucks. This is wrong in so many ways.
    I pray the teamsters win. This has to be stopped.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Do you have proof that the police have been told to be hands off?

Please post it.

James Hoffa is on the Doug McIntye show now and he said the Mexican trucks absolutely do not meet the stringent requirements of the U.S. He said there is no data base for the drivers...we will have no idea who they are. They will not be required to carry passports. He also said that the NAFTA Super Highway is DEFINITELY going to happen...it will be privately funded and there will be toll charges. He said the Mexican trucks are all part and parcel of the NAU!

Ironically, Hoffa is a supporter of the Bush amnesty scheme. He declined to discuss amnesty...stating that he only wanted to talk about the Mexican trucks!

Interestingly, a caller to the show said he was a member of a local Teamsters union and 90% of the members were illegals and didn't speak English!

Another caller said that the Mexican trucks are not going to go back to Mexico "empty"! He said that there are private brokers all over the US who will make deals with the Mexican truckers to take loads back to Mexico....thereby threatening the livelihood of American truckers. The pilot program DOES NOT permit Mexican truckers to take any loads back to Mexico! What a mess this is going to be!

Keep calling!

I just got off the phone with my senators office. They were receptive and they told me that they have been getting many calls today about this issue.

I kept it simple - citing saftey concerns. I believe that many public safety concerns have not been met and therefore the program should be delayed. I also stated that I believe there is little enforcement in this program and that there is little benefit and great risk. I also asked for my senators opinion on mexican trucks in the US in general.

So please keep calling - it looks like others already have. A call is definitely better than an email, but it has to be done now during business hours.

www.senate.gov to find your senators

www.house.gov to find your house rep.

Thanks!

The main question here, which ALIPAC may need to be the one to launch, is how can there be ANY DRUG AND HUMAN SMUGGLING prevention once these trucks roll?

It would not surprise me if the cartels realigned their entire operations away from the border and into these trucks!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast