Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico OKs drugs!

Mexico OKs having small amounts of some drugs
    By Daniel Borunda / El Paso Times

A law passed by Mexico's Congress that decriminalizes the possession of personal-use amounts of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other drugs has police and anti-drug advocates in El Paso worried.
    Early Friday, Mexico's Congress approved the measure, intended to free police to focus on large-scale drug trafficking. President Vicente Fox is expected to sign it into law.

"I am concerned. There are a lot of issues we have to look at," El Paso police Chief Richard Wiles said. "Being on the border, for those types of drugs being out in the open over there (in Mexico) -- there is concern."

Wiles said he fears that if the measure is enacted, it will lure drug users to the City of Juarez and increase the potential of intoxicated people returning to El Paso.

The measure would eliminate criminal charges for possession of up to 25 milligrams of heroin, 5 grams of marijuana and 0.5 grams of cocaine. Drug sales would still be illegal.

Cities on the border with the U.S. have historically led drug consumption in Mexico.

Marge Bartoletti, director of the Rio Grande Safe Communities Coalition that has been fighting underage drinking in Juarez, said she was disappointed to learn of the proposed law. "Both countries have a problem with substance abuse," she said. "I think making things easier (on drug users), I think it just encourages abuse."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_3764667
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

Insane! another Reason to close the Borders off COMPLETELY.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Not only will this mess up our border communities like El Paso, now the illegals can pass with small amounts of drugs on them.....
    Just shows with what kinda of government we are dealing with:

Legalizing drugs
    Allowing horrible living conditions
    Sending your people away and enjoying the rich resources for themselves!

Corrupt to the bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

I see an Emergency deployment of US Forces to the border coming real soon, there gonna have no choice now.

Edit: Vega i like your Avatar.....
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson