Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HOMELAND INSECURITY
    NORAD air base on heightened alert
    No reason given for 'Bravo-Plus' security level

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 03, 2006
    1:00 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

As the U.S. continues to express concern about the possibility of a North Korean missile test directed toward American territory and the rest of the world holds its breath over a close encounter with an asteroid, several U.S. air bases are on heightened alert.

But no one is talking about why.

The Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, which houses NORAD – charged with monitoring the North Korea situation – is now at "Bravo-Plus."

Other air bases in Colorado, California and Florida are also on heightened alert status.

There are five levels of alert: normal, Alpha (low), Bravo (medium), Charlie (high) and Delta (critical). "Bravo-Plus" is slightly higher than a medium threat level.

The Bush administration has urged North Korea to abandon its plans to test a long range missile. The Pentagon believes the missile is capable of reaching the United States.

NORAD and the U.S. Northern Command in Colorado would play a big role in both detecting and responding to a missile launch if it ever occurred.

The U.S. missile defense system is only a few years old, but could be tested if North Korea chooses to act.

Meanwhile, in a development that may or may not be related to the heightened security alert, an asteroid up to half a mile wide is due to brush past the Earth early today.

Scientists who have been tracking asteroid 2004 XP14 say it will approach almost as close as the Moon, traveling at 10.5 miles per second.

It has been classified as a Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (PHA), along with 782 known others.

Initially there were concerns that the asteroid might collide with the Earth later this century. However, further analysis of its orbit has ruled this out - at least for the foreseeable future.

If XP14 did hit the Earth the effects would be devastating.

"It would probably be big enough to wipe out a small country," said Dr David Asher, from the Armagh Observatory in Northern Ireland.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50891
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can tell you we in Idaho have had alot of fighter jets flying over us...we do have an air force base in spokane Wa. and Mountain Home ID which is doing training missions but nothing like what we have had this last week. usually 1 or 2 planes at a time...this last week I have seen whole squadrons, at least it looks like it. How many planes are in a squadron? I wonder.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here in the middle of nowhere Indiana, occasionally we see military troop caravans on the interstate. Either my timing is excellent, or there are quite a few more than normal over the last couple of days. It can't be our national guard, they are all in Iraq.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Air Force Base is in Homestead and is far from where I live. The only time I hear them fly over my condo is after they do a fly over at Dolphin Stadium or when they would practice for the Air and Sea Show they had in Fort Lauderdale. They would fly out of the Opa Locka Airport where the Coast Guard has their planes. Recently I have heard them overhead alot more. This increase has been going on for about a week and a half.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Live by a military base and it has been quiet so far today.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If the results start leaning towards one candidate tonight then anything could happen then...I won't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    HOMELAND INSECURITY
    NORAD air base on heightened alert
    No reason given for 'Bravo-Plus' security level

Posted: July 03, 2006
    1:00 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

As the U.S. continues to express concern about the possibility of a North Korean missile test directed toward American territory and the rest of the world holds its breath over a close encounter with an asteroid, several U.S. air bases are on heightened alert.

But no one is talking about why.

The Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, which houses NORAD – charged with monitoring the North Korea situation – is now at "Bravo-Plus."

Other air bases in Colorado, California and Florida are also on heightened alert status.

There are five levels of alert: normal, Alpha (low), Bravo (medium), Charlie (high) and Delta (critical). "Bravo-Plus" is slightly higher than a medium threat level.

The Bush administration has urged North Korea to abandon its plans to test a long range missile. The Pentagon believes the missile is capable of reaching the United States.

NORAD and the U.S. Northern Command in Colorado would play a big role in both detecting and responding to a missile launch if it ever occurred.

The U.S. missile defense system is only a few years old, but could be tested if North Korea chooses to act.

Meanwhile, in a development that may or may not be related to the heightened security alert, an asteroid up to half a mile wide is due to brush past the Earth early today.

Scientists who have been tracking asteroid 2004 XP14 say it will approach almost as close as the Moon, traveling at 10.5 miles per second.

It has been classified as a Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (PHA), along with 782 known others.

Initially there were concerns that the asteroid might collide with the Earth later this century. However, further analysis of its orbit has ruled this out - at least for the foreseeable future.

If XP14 did hit the Earth the effects would be devastating.

"It would probably be big enough to wipe out a small country," said Dr David Asher, from the Armagh Observatory in Northern Ireland.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50891

OK we have to be careful with these dates:

July 03, 2006 Seems like old news on this article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I had some fly by within the last half hour. They sound alot different than the Coast Guard's helicopters oe even the police helicopter. I wonder if in the areas there is increased amount of military activity are close to where there may be riots. I know that near Dolphin Stadium you have the City of Miami Gardens which was formerly called Carol City and that is a high crime area under normal circumstances. There are some pretty crazy people there. One example would be a man who shot at a fast food employee becasue they were being charged for extra ketchup.

April
    One example would be a man who shot at a fast food employee becasue they were being charged for extra ketchup.

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12