Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As retired military and working for a service headquarters, I can tell you that Dixie hit the nail on the head. They would be a security concern if anyone accepted this suggestion (which by the way, is all it is at present). I can remember an earlier post whereby I talked about the relationship with the country of the Philippines. They were one of very few exceptions where the Department of Defense through the Department of State allowed individuals to sign up and serve in exchange for citizenship. But that situation was a little different. We had paper trails on the individuals through the host country, etc. With illegals, you wouldn't necessarily get a paper trail. Just look at the illegals now with convictions, on the run, or never showing up for court?

I would say that someone would have to be "out to lunch" if this idea ever got farther than a thought...

Bad idea from the get go. Everybody has an initial negative feeling about this as soon as they hear about it and for good reason. It is important to pay attention to that.

I see it as dangerous and bad for the moral of our soldiers and the American people. As we all know our moral is important when defending our country.

No way. Come legally. Learn English. Assimilate. Learn to love and respect the USA. Then serve.

Nothing less.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by patton
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    The US military does not knowingly take illegal aliens. The only foreign nationals that are allowed to enlist are those that are already green card holders.
    I believe you are right and I stand corrected here.

In that case why not give an opportunity to Green Card Holders to attain their US citizenship in a shorter period of time?
    Green Card holders who join the military already have an opportunity to an accelerated path to citizenship. That program has been around for a while. I believe that the article you posted suggests giving Green Cards to illegal aliens so they can join the military. That is just wrong and like otheres have said, presents some security concerns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12