Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Miller Brewing Co. Responds to Immigrants Boycott to B

http://marketingymedios.com/marketingym ... 002198385&

Miller Brewing Co. Responds to Immigrants Boycott to Beer
    March 16, 2006
    By MyM Staff

Miller Brewing Co. put out an unusual one-page advertisement in Thursday's edition of Hoy in Chicago. The headline reads: "Miller Brewing Company se opone a la legislación HR4437 contra la inmigración" (Miller Brewing Company Opposes HR4437 Anti-Immigration Legislation).

The ad is in response to growing support to boycott Miller products after a group of pro-immigrant organizations in Chicago found out the company has contributed to the political campaign of Republican Sen. James Sensenbrenner, of Wisconsin. The senator is behind the HR4437 bill, which calls for strengthening the anti-immigration laws in the United States, including the construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The boycott against Miller was conceived for March 10, during a massive demonstration in Chicago to protest the proposed bill, which is currently under debate in the Senate. According to the organizers, Miller Brewing Co. contributes "economically with anti-immigration politicians" such as Sensenbrenner.

According to a story in Hoy,, some small business owners said they have considered not selling any Miller products in their shops.

In a statement released Wednesday, Miller Brewing Co. stated that Miller has a long history of proudly supporting many national and local Hispanic organizations. "We hope you continue to responsibly enjoy Miller products with the knowledge that our company will continue to support the Hispanic community and the rights of immigrants," the statement read.

It seemed to have worked for the illegals,d idn't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Miller brews Modelo, Tecate and Dos Equis??

This shows that WE can have the SAME impact with boycotts. DIVIDE and CONQUER!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well I personally do not drink beer myself, but it seems that many of my neighbors have not boycotted the beer so far through this weekend!!!

Summer is the best way to see if they have boysotted it, they all stand outside and drink it, so if they are, it would appear that they have no issues with Miller!!

But I think that boycotts can work. The chicken one is hard to do though, as it is a staple of our limited income diet (as is for most). We'll do our best.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Augh! Why can't they get it? It's not an "Anti-immigration" bill, it's an "anti illegal immigration" bill!!
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Banned
    After reading this, I took a few minutes to address Miller Brewing Company by e-mail. I was asking them about their ad and where they stood on the 'issue'. Following is their response, as well as mine.

E-mail from Jose Ruano wrote:
    > *Mr. Hermann:*
    > **
    > *Thank you for contacting us regarding the anti-immigration legislation being considered by Congress. We understand this issue is important to you and that’s why we would like to make sure you understand Miller Brewing Company's position on immigration legislation. Miller Brewing Company opposes _any_ legislation that would unfairly and unjustly seek to constrain immigration, including proposed bill HR 4437 and the ad that we placed in the Chicago newspaper stated our opposition to this proposal.*
    > **
    > *Our company was founded 151 years ago by a German immigrant, Frederick Miller. And today, we are part of an international company with employees from around the world. We support the free movement of people, labor, goods and services in the global economy with appropriate protections for the rights of individuals and families, the security of nations and the diversity **that contributes to a rich and productive society.*
    > **
    > *We hope we’ve helped you understand our position and that you share this information with others.*
    > **
    > *Sincerely, *
    > **
    > *Jose Ruano*
    > *Corporate Relations Manager*
    > "This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies."
    >
    Mr. Ruano,

Thank you for your response to my questions regarding the position of Miller Brewing Co. regarding HR4437. The information you have given me is exactly what I needed to make a sound decision as to where and with whom I spend my beverage money. Frederick Miller immigrated to this country legally, as countless millions around the world have done. For you to sully his sacrifice by promoting ILLEGAL immigration is a travesty, and I'm sure causes many a restless night in his grave.

Rest assured that I respect your right to promote policies that are harmful to American workers, but in good conscience I can no longer financially support a company that puts their profit above America's legal citizens.

My purchases, as well as those of my many friends and co-workers, will no longer involve your traitorous corporation on ANY level, and I assure you that your disdain of the American worker will be 'shared' far and wide from this day forward.

In utter contempt,
    Jeff Hermann

are people so ignorant that the cann't tell the difference between 'IMMIGRATION" and 'INVASION'????

that's like comparing Miller Lite to Jack Daniels -- one has nothing to do with the other
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

corn

Miller is made with corn instead of malt, figure it out, like tortillas! No worries here, I can't EVEN gag a miller down.

Miller who?
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast