Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Minutemen action at housing construction site in CA

Two Home Construction Site
    HIRE AMERICANS RALLY
    August 31, 2007
    Ralliers in front of construction site

LENNAR Homes Construction Site
    Above, Lennar Homes - corporate headquarters, Miami, Fl http://www.lennar.com/ Construction site - Etiwanda, CA

We set up our HIRE AMERICANS rally on what appeared to be a public sidewalk, across the street from the Lennar Rancho Etiwanda Estates construction site.
    http://www.lennar.com/findhome/communit ... VID=INLLEN
    This is an area in the foothills - acres and acres of view lots - with more than nine different building companies constructing new homes.

When we arrived some of the Spanish speakers stopped working and observed - there were a group of non-English speaking roofers onsite to collect their paychecks - who were quite shocked to see us!

One of these roofers - offered up his tool belt - and said go do the job.
    There were about five Lennar management guys who were called onsite once we arrived. They wore golf shirts that were dark blue with the word LENNAR embroidered on the shirt. Several were with the sales department.

LENNAR CALLS FIVE POLICE CARS!
    Ralliers watch as the man in the truck tells our rallier that Lennar: has called the police and wants us gone!

In the above photo, the dark truck at the curb: the man inside, one of the contractors, was speaking to our rallier - by coincidence they knew each other.
    The contractor told our rallier the Lennar sales department and management had called the police - they were furious we were there - and told the police they
    wanted us gone - that the sidewalk was not yet "dedicated."

Soon after that police cars started pulling up - until there were a total of five police cars onsite.

We were assembled peacefully - American flags
    in hand - just moms and dads - on the sidewalk, when the officers arrived.

Of interest, when the police cars arrived, the workers seemed to disappear.

Lennar management were in the above vehicles - waiting to speak with police officers

The first officer to arrive, pulled over to the curb and spoke to us - remaining in his vehicle. He said Lennar had contacted the police and stated the sidewalks were "not dedicated."

But the officer said to us - how do I know that?

Then the officer said to stay on the sidewalks because Lennar said if we stepped on their property they wanted all of us arrested. The officer then drove up the street to speak with the Lennar management team.

In the above photo, the officer met with two of the Lennar staff - they were both flailing their arms about and pointing at us.

The officer spoke with the Lennar team for quite some time

Above two of the five police vehicles

POLICE ALLOW THE RALLY TO GO FORWARD...
    All five police vehicles eventually left allowing us to continue our rally (some of the officers gave us thumbs up when they drove away). The man in the truck, above photo, seemed to be the top guy onsite.

After the police left, he also left as we continued our scheduled rally.

SPANISH SPEAKING ROOFER belittles American workers
    The roofer, on the right, spoke no English

The man on the right recognized Minuteman Project National Rally Spokesman Raymond Herrera from Spanish TV. He spoke to Raymond in Spanish - bad mouthing American workers.

He pointed to the roofs of the houses being built and said, "Americans are too afraid to go up on those roofs."
    Herrera said, "Look, buddy, you people have been here for less than 20 years and we have been here for 400 years. WE built America and we are not afraid."

Then Herrera said, "Go back to Mexico and roof there!" The guy looked sheepish. And Herrera said, "Go back home and fix your country." The roofer left shortly thereafter.

An AMERICAN Tradesman!

The man on the right is an AMERICAN tradesman, working at the Lennar construction site

The man at right in the above photo came walking toward us after the police left. He said he wanted to thank us for the rally.

He said when the police showed up, he thought to himself, "NO! Don't make them leave!" He said there was only a "small minority" of American tradesmen working at the Lennar Home construction site.

He also said that it has gotten so bad that if he talks about the hardships for him working with the Spanish speaking workers, the workers go to the big boss and call him a "racist" and demand he be fired!

He said the fact that he had spoken to us would be a cause for the workers to persecute him. BUT he said that wasn't about to influence or stop him; he had to talk to us and thank us.

We wished we could stand alongside him - our fellow American - as he walked back onto the job site!!!

The work site had female, Spanish speaking workers, one is in the above photo. There are a growing number of these female construction workers.

A yellow lunch truck rolled onto the construction site, after the police left and workers crowded around it

Distinguished Homes Construction Site
    Upland
    Thank you to all of you who called Distinguished Homes on behalf of American workers!!! http://www.distinguishedhomes.com/commu ... h_cove.php
    We rallied in front of the Wyeth Cove Distinguished Homes construction site, which is in Phase I of the development process

We were in a residential area and got 100 percent support from the passersby!!! Tons of thumbs up and friendly honks!

YELLING SUPERINTENDENT arrives onsite

The lady - in a white shirt - by the construction office arrived and was very upset!

She started calling on her cell phone and pacing about. She left in her SUV and came back later, followed by the superintendent in his truck.

We were in full rally mode when the superintendent and woman supervisor arrived. In the above photo the superintendent is in the sales office doorway and the woman supervisor next to her SUV.

He arrived yelling at us at the top of his lungs: YOU GO PICK STRAWBERRIES!!! And other such very loud absurdities. He was VERY angry!!

I hollered, "Stop treating Americans like this!" As he seemed to realize then that I was photographing him, and he went inside of the sales office.
    Rallying in front of Wyeth Cove home construction site: HIRE AMERICANS
    You could see the American flags over the wall of the construction site

I'm sorry I couldn't get the pics included.

I'll bet it was burning hot out there when they had the protest as well.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Sam,

Do you have a link so we can look at the pics?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That sounds fantastic! I knew, too, that there was a dark side to the illegal labor in that they are only submissive when authority is looking on: local workers have been insulted, intimidated, and forced off work crews by them. Make that the jobs Americans are run off from doing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not sure if this is the same Lennar Corp., but in this article, some homeowner's are upset with construction defects in Lennar's homes. I wonder if they used illegal labor for these homes??

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/aug ... pute13327/

Most homebuilders use illegal labor, or their 'sub contractors' do. As the housing market continues to take hits more and more home owners will start to notice defects, sub-standard materials etc.... in their homes.

And the best part is that Bush wants to help 'home owners' our government is going to step in and fix all the problems instead of forcing the companies who perpetrated the acts to pay for it.

Why They Can’t Hire Americans

I stumbled on this commentary on the NONAIS (No National Animal Identification System) site. I haven't been aware of them but since they are in the Ag industry I'm finding some of their posts and comments interesting.

August 30, 2007
    Why They Can’t Hire Americans
    Commentary — walterj 4:26 am

I’ve frequently heard the excuse from the Department of Agriculture and people quoted in the newspaper that:

[They’re] unable to find enough qualified local people willing to do milking and other chores at the 380-cow dairy farm. Four [illegal alien] Mexicans are employed at Foster Brothers Farm, he said.
    -Ted Foster in the Burlington Freepress

and…

Vermont agricultural officials estimate there are more than 2,000 migrant workers, mostly Mexicans, employed on dairy farms in the state. Many of the workers are believed to have entered the country illegally. Farmers say the workers are needed because they can’t find people locally who are willing to do the manual labor the jobs require.
    -VT Ag Secretary article Burlington Freepress

This has puzzled me. I know a lot of carpenters and loggers who do manual labor. Stone cutting, lawn care, ditch digging all seem to be able to find plenty of workers without resorting to hiring illegals. I do my own chores as do other farmers I know. I can easily complete the chores each day, although the list of improvements I want to do does seem endless.

We only have 40 sows and 150 pigs at Sugar Mountain Farm so we’re not that big. Lets assume Mr. Foster’s farm is so large he can’t get all the work done himself. That doesn’t mean he needs to break the law and hire illegal aliens. Even worse he brags about it in the newspaper and nothing happens to him or the illegal aliens working for him. I know there are plenty of legal residents willing to work and do manual labor despite Mr. Foster’s claim about Vermonter’s being lazy, er, I mean unwilling to do the manual labor the jobs require. Fact is Vermonters are a hard working lot.

So why can’t people like Mr. Foster find help? Why is his brother-in-law, the Governor, saying he should get a “stay out of jail freeâ€

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Go Minutemen!!!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Your pickets might rattle some cages--but until there is enforcement of the Social Security laws and Immigration Act, these contractors will be able to continue dodging the bullet. I suppose it is good PR.

Perhaps leveraging the Teamsters Union to adopt a no-illegals policy would be more productive. Right now they are battling the use of Mexican trucks and drivers. They are however, full-on members of a labor union coalition that is very open borders. I believe the leadership of these unions wants illegals so that they can keep gaining membership. But I don't think the rank and file does. You will hear the rank and file maybe say that, though, because a lot of them would like to move up in the union hierarchy--so they toe the "line."

Could the Teamsters resistance to Mexican trucks snowball into general union resistance to illegal workers? We all need to stick together in this one. True, illegal workers swell union membership rolls now. But there will be the Devil to pay when the economy goes into recession. Unions have been one of the leading institutions agitating for greater immigration. Who do you think Ted Kennedy listens to?

One of the Teamsters partners, SEIU, has been organizing Latinos all over the country. Here's a video of one of their rallies in Houston:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CanNb8f1 ... h_response
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

A large percentage of the tract homes in my area are built by illegal workers and the homes "in my opinion" are substandard, I certainly would not purchase one.
    In years past they hired illegals however a foreman or supervisor remained on site to manage the work that doesn't appear to be the case now. However who is to blame local companies or the illegals.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

CaptainRon
    Perhaps leveraging the Teamsters Union to adopt a no-illegals policy would be more productive. Right now they are battling the use of Mexican trucks and drivers. They are however, full-on members of a labor union coalition that is very open borders.
    The #2 guy in the Teamsters has been making the talk radio rounds criticizing the Mexican truck pilot program, and got hammered on the above point. While the radio hosts and callers supported the Teamsters in opposing the ill-conceived and dangerous Mexican truck scheme, they were lambasting the Teamster's official for his union's support for amnesty, as can be verified on the Teamster's website:

"Immigration
    The Teamsters will continue to work for comprehensive immigration reform that includes smart border security measures and earned legalization for undocumented workers who have contributed to our communities. The Teamsters will oppose legislation containing a guest worker program
    ."

The Teamster's #2 official said he personally opposes amnesty and basically danced around the Teamster's support of it. I'm glad the talk radio hosts were not fooled by this and admonished him to pressure the Teamsters to oppose amnesty, and warned that if you play with the open borders lobby, you get the Mexican truck pilot program & poorly paid drivers etc. So if they want to help American truck drivers, and other American workers' wages, oppose amnesty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast