Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mitch McConnell Attacks Conservative Group for Endorsing Primary Opponent

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Mitch McConnell Attacks Conservative Group for Endorsing Primary Opponent

Mitch McConnell Attacks Conservative Group for Endorsing Primary Opponent

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s campaign spokeswoman Allison Moore attacked the Senate Conservatives Fund for endorsing McConnell’s primary challenger Matt Bevin on Friday.“Matt Bevin now has the dubious honor of standing with a self-serving D.C. fundraising group that made its name by recruiting and promoting unelectable candidates that ensured Barack Obama a majority in the Senate,” Moore said in a statement to the Washington Post. “They clearly care less about Kentuckians than they do about their reputation for supporting laughably bad candidates.

Now they can add a New England bailout recipient who claims he went to MIT to their roster of notable failures."
    The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF), the group Moore was referring to, was instrumental in helping Sens. Rand Paul (R-KY) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) win their races for the U.S. Senate against establishment candidates.

“Matt Bevin is a true conservative who will fight to stop the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are destroying our country,” SCF executive director Matt Hoskins said in a Friday morning statement.
    He is not afraid to stand up to the establishment and he will do what it takes to stop Obamacare. We know that winning this primary won't be easy. Mitch McConnell has the support of the entire Washington establishment and he will do anything to hold on to power. But if people in Kentucky and all across the country rise up and demand something better, we're confident Matt Bevin can win this race.

When then-Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) headed the organization in 2010 and endorsed Paul over McConnell’s hand-picked Senate candidate Trey Grayson, DeMint said in a statement at the time: “Senator McConnell and I are on different sides in this race but I support him as our leader.”

“I'm endorsing Rand Paul because he's a true conservative who will stand up to the Washington establishment,” DeMint said in his endorsement on May 5, 2010.

McConnell had supported Grayson over Rand Paul in that race. "I know Trey Grayson and trust him,” McConnell said in a radio ad at the time. “We need Trey's conservative leadership to help turn back the Obama agenda.”

Now, a few years later, McConnell is up for re-election, and Paul has endorsed him in that bid.

In the 2012 cycle, Cruz was one of SCF’s first endorsements, and the group came in to help Cruz topple the establishment-connected David Dewhurst before most other conservative groups helped. Cruz and McConnell have been at odds as of late over how to go about attacking Obamacare.

This attack on the SCF, which was instrumental in electing Paul and Cruz, and calling candidates the SCF has supported like them “laughably bad candidates” comes after McConnell’s campaign rankled Kentucky Tea Parties by calling those which supported Bevin “fringe.”

In addition to now-Sens. Paul and Cruz, SCF's endorsed candidates who have won general elections also include now-Sens. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Deb Fischer (R-NE), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Pat Toomey (R-PA), Ron Johnson (R-WI), and Mike Lee (R-UT).

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ary-challenger
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Matt Bevin for US Senate in Kentucky!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rGldJIjWlPs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Ole’ McConnell on the Farm, E-I-E-I-OH what a stinker!

Posted by Molli Nickell, Granny Guerrilla on Oct 24, 2013

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2013/10/ole...xMsU02TbrI6.99

Once upon a time, a very, very old (but kindly appearing) rooster named Ole’ McConnell lived on the farm.

E-I-E-I-OH.
    And on this farm, he had a job.
    E-I-E-I-OH.
    Ole’ McConnell cock-a-doodle-dooed here, and cock-a-doodle-dooed there, and sounded the alarm when danger appeared on the horizon. It appeared he was performing his task with determination and courage.
    E-I-E-I-OH, but was that really the case?
    Behind the barn, Ole’ McConnell made compromise deals with the predators. He allowed fox, weasel, and chicken hawk to snatch their allotment of eggs and chicks on a once-a-week basis.
    E-I-E-I-OH what a turncoat!
    The farmer had no clue. He believed his trusted rooster was performing his duties. In order to maintain that illusion, every once in a while, ole’ McConnell would stage a crisis, then “cock-a-doodle-doo” to warn of danger. The farmer would rush out, shotgun in hand, only to spot the predator disappearing into the woods. Ole’ McConnell would be rewarded with lavish praise and a handful of corn.
    E-I-E-I-OH such a sweet deal I’m telling you.
    Every week, several eggs and chicks (occasionally a fully-grown chicken) would vanish in the dead of night. The survivors (intimidated into being deaf, dumb, and blind) pretended nothing was wrong.
    E-I-E-I-OH how they hoped they, and their offspring, would survive the next raid.
    Then, along came Teddy, a Bantam rooster with a different agenda. He knew his job was to protect eggs and chicks. He questioned Ole’ McConnell’s policy of sacrificing the few to keep the peace.
    “E-I-E-I-OH why not push back?”
    Ole’ McConnell told him,
    “Cock-a-doodle-doo! Who cares about the few?
    I’ll strut and crow, and act my part, to stay out of the stew.”
    Teddy replied, “E-I-E-I-OH That stinks!”
    Ole’ McConnell said, “Listen up green horn. You gotta’ go along to get along. That’s the code of the barnyard.
    Teddy thought long and hard about this, and decided that no matter how small he was, or how new he was to the barnyard, he must do the right thing.
    He said, “Cock-a-doodle-doo,
    I care about the few.
    I gave my word and gotta’ do what a rooster’s gotta’ do . . . even if it brings personal attacks against me for performing my job.”
    The next time the fox snuck into the hen house to grab a take-out meal, Teddy sounded the alarm, “Cock-a-doodle-doo!”
    When the weasel approached to steal an egg, Teddy pecked him on the nose and sent him fleeing. When the chicken hawk soared in the sky above, Teddy rushed chicks and moms into the barn.
    Eventually, the predators, who couldn’t escape Teddy’s watchful eyes and vengeful beak, gave up raiding the barnyard. As a result, everyone felt safe and protected. Egg production doubled, which made the farmer E-I-E-I-OH so happy, happy, happy.
    E-I-E-I-OH.
    As for Ole’ McConnell? He received his just reward and was served (along with fava beans) at the farmer’s Sunday supper.
    E-I-E-I-OH the end.
    Dear Reader, my fables now appear on TheBlaze. You’ll enjoy reading

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2013/10/ole...xMsU02TbrI6.99