Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    ENGLISH

Immigration has been an integral part of our success like nation. Nevertheless, the present system raises barriers to the most shining workers, whereas the workers without specialization or with a low level of education can cross the border more easily. We must reform the present laws of immigration to protect our border, to implement a verification system that uses biométrica technology, identity cards on approval of alterations or modifications, a system of verification of uses and to promote an increase of legal immigration. Romney Governor: "We want that the United States is more attractive for the legal immigrants - for whom they wish to be citizen - and less attractive for the illegal immigrants. I want to see more legal immigration and less illegal immigration in our country ". (AP, 23 of June of 2006)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Thank you

Banned
    Keep in mind that Ron Paul also attended the spanish debates

I think this whole deal is getting nuts again

We have 2 people left to support , Romney or Ron Paul , this
    isn't going to change now

The continued bashing of both these guys on this site
    is not doing anyone any good

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I just got off the phone with a Romney 2nd level staffer

She told me that it was put up because several legal immigrants
    are not comfortable with English yet ,

I really pondered that one after arguing with her for about 10 minutes

I do have a neighbor that is Hispanic, he's been here for years and does speak English , enough to understand but he doesn't speak it well and is more comfortable in Spanish ,

I could see where that would benefit him ,

But once again , let me say I do not agree with it , not at all

At this number (857) 288-6400, I only get voice mail. What number are you calling USA Nevada?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Ron Paul does not have a spanish language site. The site referred to in the other thread is not associated with the campaign. It is maintained and paid for by members of the Miami meetup group for Ron Paul.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I just got off the phone with a Romney 2nd level staffer

She told me that it was put up because several legal immigrants
    are not comfortable with English yet ,

I really pondered that one after arguing with her for about 10 minutes

I do have a neighbor that is Hispanic, he's been here for years and does speak English , enough to understand but he doesn't speak it well and is more comfortable in Spanish ,

I could see where that would benefit him ,

But once again , let me say I do not agree with it , not at all

At this number (857) 288-6400, I only get voice mail. What number are you calling USA Nevada?
    Yes , I got voice mail also the first 3 times I called

the 4th time they picked up ,

I would assume they have a very busy office and they recieve
    lots of calls , just keep trying

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    Ron Paul does not have a spanish language site. The site referred to in the other thread is not associated with the campaign. It is maintained and paid for by members of the Miami meetup group for Ron Paul.
    ok , tell that to Joe 6 pack that finds the site , it looks official and
    if you don't speak spanish its highly likely you would assume its
    for real

My main concern is for a candidate to NOT support amnesty or any special "pathways" to legalized status for IAs. Romney is clearly on the record as NOT supporting amnesty or pathways. From what I see, this Spanish website doesn't change this.

In a few weeks, the GOP nominee will probably be largely decided. If Romney is not the nominee we will be stuck with openly pro-amnesty McCain or Giuliani as the GOP candidate, along with a Dem majority in Congress and a $100 million ad campaign to push amnesty. Romney is not perfect (who is), but is far better than McCain or Giuliani to counter this threat based on his past record and numerous public statements. You decide.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't care for his catering to Hispanics on the language issue, either, but I do remember---and this translated statement reinforces it---he stated several times that immigration to the US should be based on worker skill, and he specifically excluded the poorly-educated, low-skilled. Of course when you look at his criteria, you have to wonder where he stands on importing tech workers and the like.

This man isn't the perfect candidate, but I think we would have more leverage with him on the illegal immigration issue than with McCain, Obama or Clinton. We can't predict how he will conduct himself if elected; we only have his past to go on. I will still be voting for him in the primary.

xyz
    Romney is the best chance we have
    Romney's record is good and it is from a time when his position was not popular
    There was a time when the mildest statement about illegal immigration was met with an instant and overwhelming attack..Remember before 9/11 the entire Congress stood up and applauded Fox..and vowed to pass amnesty immediately?
    It is well to remember who stood up on our side...back in the days when being against illegal immigration was tantamount to being a member of the klan..
    Romney has my support..

I don't like the fact that Romney wants to increase legal immigration. That shouldn't even be considered until we clean up the mess we already have.

As far as the Spanish sites go, anyone who doesn't understand the English language is not, in my opinion, well versed enough to even know what's going on in our political world, and therefore shouldn't even be voting if they don't know what there voting for. I am sick and tired of everything having to be in Spanish to cater to people who refuse to learn this language.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast