Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mitt Romney Responds To Obama's New Immigration Policy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Mitt Romney Responds To Obama's New Immigration Policy

Hope this will finally convince Romney supporters that he is no different from Obama and just as much a liar.

Romney's response:

“I think the action that the president took today makes it more difficult to reach that long-term solution because an executive order of course is just a short-term matter,” Romney said,echoing Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

“It could be reversed by subsequent presidents,” Romney said. “I would like to see legislation that deals with this issue. And I happen to agree with Marco Rubio as he will consider this issue. He said this is an important matter. We have to find a long-term solution. But the president’s action makes reaching a long-term solution more difficult. If I’m president, we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for the people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of an act of their parents. Thank you.”
    Last edited by googler; 06-15-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Long term solution and clarity? What is this "long term solution" that Romney has never discussed with the public and how are vague answers like this creating clarity?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

If I’m president, we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for the people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of an act of their parents. Thank you.

Sounds to me like he's setting himself up for a particular long-term solution from the likes of, oh I don't know, Marco Rubio? DREAM ACT anybody?
    Last edited by working4change; 06-15-2012 at 08:36 PM.

working4change
    Link for post above

Political MoJo | Mother Jones

Romney agrees with Rubio on immigration policy: ‘We have to find a long-term solutio

Romney agrees with Rubio on immigration policy: ‘We have to find a long-term solution

By Matthew Boyle/The Daily Caller

Friday afternoon, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said that he tends to agree with Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio’s stance on immigration policy.

In response to President Barack Obama’s changed position on the issue — and decision to selectively enforce illegal immigration law — Rubio said it’s a “short-term answer to a long-term problem.”

“I believe the status of young people who come here through no fault of their own is an important matter to be considered and should be solved on a long-term basis, so they know what their future would be in this country,” Romney said in a statement provided to The Daily Caller. “I think the action that the president took today makes it more difficult to reach that long-term solution because an executive order is, of course, just a short-term matter — it can be reversed by subsequent presidents.”

“I’d like to see legislation that deals with this issue, and I happen to agree with Marco Rubio as he looked at this issue,” Romney continued. “He said that this is an important matter, that we have to find a long-term solution, but that the president’s action makes reaching a long-term solution more difficult. If I’m president, we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for the people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of the action of their parents.”

Some other Republicans have taken harsher stances on the president’s decision to selectively enforce the law. Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King said he’s going to sue the Obama administration, and House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Rep. Peter King said his committee is “launching an immediate review” of the policy shift.
    (RELATED: Rubio calls Obama plan ‘a short-term answer to a long-term problem)

Arizona Sen. John McCain — the 2008 GOP presidential candidate who lost to Obama – said in statement that the Obama policy shift “is a politically-motivated power grab that does nothing to further the debate but instead adds additional confusion and uncertainty to our broken immigration system.”
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

VIDEO: Gov. Mitt Romney Reacts to President Obama’s New Immigration Policy

4:36 pm ET June 15, 2012

VIDEO: Gov. Mitt Romney Reacts to President Obama

Mitt Romney
    P.O. Box 149756
    Boston, MA 02114-9756
    857-288-3500
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/mittromney
    https://twitter.com/#!/MittRomney
    For all other inquiries, please contact info@mittromney.com.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to fill those emails and voicemails up we've done it before. And frankly Romney can't do squat about this but these folks sure the hell can!

http://www.alipac.us/f9/congressiona...atives-248063/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sheriff Joe Arpaio asks 'why now' to immigration
    Published on Jun 15, 2012 by CNN

800,000 young illegals that get to stay can lead to "Chain" migration. These illegals eventually will be able to bring in thousands upon thousands more of their families and bring back the family that were deported.

A provision needs to be put into any long term ageement that kills the "Chain Migration".

I understand about mexican children being brought here at no fault of their own but until the "Chain Migration" by them is killed these children cannot be allowed citizenship or any legal status that gives them the right to bring in other family members or keep their illegal family members that are already here, Here.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Hope this will finally convince Romney supporters that he is no different from Obama and just as much a liar.

Romney's response:

“I think the action that the president took today makes it more difficult to reach that long-term solution because an executive order of course is just a short-term matter,” Romney said,echoing Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

“It could be reversed by subsequent presidents,” Romney said. “I would like to see legislation that deals with this issue. And I happen to agree with Marco Rubio as he will consider this issue. He said this is an important matter. We have to find a long-term solution. But the president’s action makes reaching a long-term solution more difficult. If I’m president, we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for the people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of an act of their parents. Thank you.”
    It convinces me of no such thing. Remember, this is an election year. Do you really expect a politician to come out and say what he's really thinking? While Romney doesn't need all the Hispanic votes, he certainly needs to be careful with his words so as not to dig himself into a hole he can't climb out of. I'm not denying that Romney is a politician, however, I'm convinced that he will be better on the immigration issue than Obama has been and will be. Look at Obama and Romney's past history on the issue and you too will see the importance of choosing the lesser of two evils. Would I like someone stronger on the issue ..... sure I would but it is what it is. Personally, I much rather take a chance on Romney than to keep heading down the same road with Obama.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast