Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt Romney's ratings from Roy Beck of NumbersUSA

Roy Beck of NumbersUSA has assessed the positions of all the presidential candidates on several immigration-related issues. Below are a portion of Mr. Beck's updated assessment of Gov. Romney's policy positions on several illegal immigration-related issues. Both John McCain and Rudy Giuliani have received a rating of "ABYSMAL" on this issue of "No amnesty" from Roy Beck. Here is a link to the ratings: http://www.betterimmigration.com/candid ... z2008.html . Unfortunately, Gov. Romney does not score very well on issues related to legal immigration. Something he has in common with most candidates still running for president. I am pleased, though, that he scores well on so many issues related to illegal immigration.

No amnesty - EXCELLENT

Stop future illegal immigration - EXCELLENT

Mandatory workplace verification - GOOD

Punish employers who hire illegal aliens - GOOD

Local enforcement of federal immigration laws - EXCELLENT

More security at borders - EXCELLENT

End sanctuary cities - EXCELLENT

Prohibit states from issuing driver's licenses to illegal aliens - EXCELLENT

Prohibit in-state tuition to illegal aliens - EXCELLENT

The Romney Record: A Record Of Enforcing Our Immigration Laws

http://www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Re ... ation_Laws
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for this post to the NumbersUSA page. That will be an outstanding page for me to derive information.

He's obviously the strongest one left in the race and I'm not complaining here. I would, however, like to see EXCELLENT ratings for the two categories below:

Mandatory workplace verification - GOOD
    Punish employers who hire illegal aliens - GOOD
    Illegal employment is the magnet by which the entire process revolves.
    Leaving any 'wiggle room' for companies to have plausible deniability only invites the problem again in the future. These are two areas that need to be rock solid in order to solve the problem of illegal immigration. Ironically, some Dems (no, not the current crop of Prez candidates) have shown an interest in pursuing this angle nearly as strongly (while, admittedly, ignoring most or all others...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Illegal employment is the magnet by which the entire process revolves.
    Exactly Phred. As I always say: magnet numero uno.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

MW
    Doesn't this concern anyone?

Excerpt:

How good are the promises to protect U.S. workers and communities from too many legal foreign workers and dependents?

ABYSMAL -- John McCain
    BAD -- Rudy Giuliani
    POOR -- Mitt Romney
    POOR -- Ron Paul
    FAIR -- Mike Huckabee
    GOOD -- Fred Thompson
    http://www.numbersusa.com/index

Besides illegal immigration, border security, and trade, the importation of "cheaper" labor is a big issue for me.

Now that Hunter dropped out - I'm truely a man without a candidate I can strongly support.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    "legal foreign workers and dependents?"

Because the keyword here is LEGAL

My fight is against those here ILLEGALLY

With a few million less illegals whats wrong with LEGAL ?

If I remember correctly Tesla and Einstein were LEGAL immigrants

MW
    usaneveda wrote:

"legal foreign workers and dependents?"

Because the keyword here is LEGAL

My fight is against those here ILLEGALLY

With a few million less illegals whats wrong with LEGAL ?

If I remember correctly Tesla and Einstein were LEGAL immigrants
    Do you support the importation of "cheaper" labor to replace American workers? What's the difference in that and the outsourcing of American jobs? Hint, there is no difference, both mean jobs lost to Americans. My argument isn't about legal immigrants per say, it's about corporate America's importation of "cheaper" labor. Some may be okay with that, but I'm not. Furthermore, let's not forget that the visa program pipeline contributes greatly to our illegal immigration problem (visa overstays). Simply attaching the word "legal" to something doesn't necessarily make it good for America. This is much more complex than that.

FYI: Einstein came to America in 1933 as a refugees during the Hitler and Mussolini regimes. There is no connection to his coming here and the importation of "cheaper" labor we're experiencing now. The circumstances are very different.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    My concern right now is illegal immigration and
    I will not be baited into arguing the merits of more or less
    Legal visas

Thats a fight for another day (But I am in favor of less legal immigration)

MW
    usanevada wrote:

I will not be baited into arguing the merits of more or less
    Legal visas
    I didn't bait you into anything, it was you who responded to my post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast