Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MON JUNE 25 ASK SEC.GUTIERREZ A QUESTION submit one

On Monday,June 25, 2007 Secretary Carlos Guitierrez, one of President Bush's point men for the passage of the Senate Immigration Bill, will take questions. Send one to him

(quote)

Welcome to "Ask the White House". This online interactive forum, the first of its kind in politics, allows you to interact with Bush administration officials and friends of the White House.

Launched in April 2003, citizens have participated in over 200 online discussions with Cabinet Secretaries, Senior White House Officials, behind-the-scenes professionals at the White House, and others.

Transcripts of every live chat session are available on this page. If you would like to suggest a participant to appear on Ask the White House, click here.

June 25, 2007

Discuss Immigration Reform

U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos M. Gutierrez will participate in "Ask the White House" on Monday, June 25 at 2:15 PM ET to discuss the administration's efforts to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

(quote)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/question.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to participate.

Here's my question. What do you want to bet it won't be addressed?

A number of well respected Senators have come out with lists that expose multiple security loopholes in the Immigration bill. How do you propose to make citizens believe what you are saying is true and these Senators are wrong?

What's with this new kinder, gentler White House? This is the newest tactic in "Convincing" us. I guess they decided that calling us names wasn't working! I'm not buying it!
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

my question was this.

as secretary of commerce, shouldnt your job be to inspect the commerce coming into the US to make sure its safe for the american people?
    and if so, what does that have to do with illegal immigration?

how can we the american people trust this administration when polls say 3 to 1 and 4 to 1, that we the american people dont want it. why should this mess be shoved down our throats

jamesw62, great question and yes, I think he does have his department title confused

Psalm 91
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the info. I posted my question:

Re: Illegal Immigrants

How do you perform a 'background check' on a person who has entered the country illegally and obtained varied false identifications? Do you intend to ask for background information from Mexico? If so, will that information be accepted as reliable?

Those are good questions. Will be interesting to see what is responded to by Sec. Gutierrez.

Jeremiah 29:11

I would ask him how we can be sure that any and all foreign agents who are seeking to influence our democratically elected government are registered! Under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. All of them!!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

How can we believe you will perform a background check on an illegal alien within 24 hours when you cannot process a passport application for a US citizen with 10 weeks?
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Let's send more questions to Secretary Gutierrez for tomorrow

Jeremiah 29:11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast