Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

More staff jumping off the sinking McCain ship

McLame is toast!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20070 ... ib_sigxu_1

July 16 (Bloomberg) -- Seven members of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's campaign press staff have resigned as the Arizona senator shuffles his team amid lagging fund raising and a drop in the polls.
    The latest turmoil to hit McCain's bid for the White House follows the resignations last week of campaign manager Terry Nelson and long-time McCain strategist John Weaver.
    ``Each and every one of us still believes firmly in our hearts that Senator McCain is the best one in the race,'' said Brian Jones, who is stepping down as communications director. ``But the campaign, at this phase, doesn't need a full service press department. It's sad and unfortunate.''
    McCain raised $11.2 million for his campaign in the second quarter of this year, short of the $13.1 million he raised in the first three months. He ended June with $2 million in cash available for the primary campaign, compared with $15 million for former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and $12 million for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, his two chief rivals among the declared Republican candidates.
    As a result, McCain, 70, has scaled back his campaign efforts to just three states: Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, which are among the first states to hold contests for the nomination next year. That is largely the same strategy he had adopted in his failed 2000 White House bid.
    ``This is the great shrinking of the McCain campaign machine,'' said Stuart Rothenberg, editor of the nonpartisan Rothenberg Political Report in Washington. ``It's going to be leaner and meaner, I suppose. We'll see if they're more successful. It's not like they have a choice.''
    `Not Acrimonious'
    Jones said negotiations are under way to bring in Jill Hazel Baker, the campaign's New Hampshire communications director, as his successor. The resignations, he said, ``are not acrimonious departures.''
    The other aides who resigned are Danny Diaz, deputy communications director; Matt David, who has been in charge of rapid response; Brian Rogers, research director; Amanda Henneberg, a press assistant in the campaign's Northern Virginia headquarters; Adam Temple, the organization's press secretary in South Carolina, and Tim Miller, the campaign's press secretary in Iowa.
    McCain has closely aligned himself with President George W. Bush's strategy in Iraq, which is broadly unpopular with the public.
    He has tumbled to third place in most national polls of Republican voters, behind Giuliani and former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson, who hasn't officially entered the race. Giuliani has the support of 30 percent of self-identified Republicans, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted July 6-8. Thompson came in second with 20 percent, followed by McCain with 16 percent and Romney with 9 percent.

Damn!

Maybe I can still get the $50/hr job picking lettuce for him now...?!?!?!?!

Remember these famous McCain words: "you can't do it, my friends".

You sealed your fate a long time ago McCain, time to 'deal with it'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain needs to throw in the towel while he still has oxygen. Ship is sinking fast.

JAK
    McCain is so obvious!!!!

Whining and crying..."but I want to be president!"

So Sad ... Too Bad! LOSER!!! You're sickening... get out of the race that you HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by saveourcountry
    McCain needs to throw in the towel while he still has oxygen. Ship is sinking fast.
    Some take a Plane

Some take a train

McCain can take a ship for himself

"And there goes Johnnyyyy! Sure hope Giuliani's boat sinks next. Anybody willing to guess how Giuliani would have voted? (if he were to have been in the Senate)

Come on second tier!

Anybody know who was the last Senator to be elected President? Been awhile has'nt it? Hopefully much longer yet.

"We say: 'A la guerre comme a la guerre': we do not promise any freedom, nor any democracy." Friedrich Engels

I heard on Fox News that McCain drove around in New Hampshire in an SUV because he didn't have enough money for a bus! They also said that McCain will probably try to hang in there and not drop out right away as he is banking on the amount of time left, others dropping out, his "high recognition" and his across the board Independent appeal.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

He should go pick lettuce for $50/hr to earn some money for his campaign. But that's right, he couldn't do it.

. . . Or get some money from his illegal alien friends.

Bye, bye McLame. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!! Good riddance!!!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Wonder, when he's in bed at night, all alone and thinking, what goes through his mind. I'll bet he wishes he'd kept his mouth shut about amnesty.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Give it up McCain, the fat lady is singing and you are not listening!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)