Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Was talking with my MIL last night, who is hopelessly clueless. I was talking about the 2nd tier (looks like they may not be so 2nd tier now) candidates such as Tancredo, Paul, etc. and she said, "Oh, they'll never win . . .they just don't have the money."

And she was so accepting of it -- like a stupid sheeple American -- go ahead, Mom, just "accept" the fact that elections are all about who has the most cash. I couldn't believe it.

But I'm hoping, upon hope, that this has at least woken people up to the losers that the bottom 5 are, Duncan excluded, and that Tancredo, Paul, etc, will start getting more attention.

Does this mean that we can finally stop hearing from McCain? Oh, please let it be true ...

I was dissappointed that Huckabee and Brownback fared so well, as both are amnesty supporters. I'm assuming it's because many Iowans base their votes on religious reasons. All the votes for those two could possibly be going to Tancredo.

Huckabee and Brownback

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    I was dissappointed that Huckabee and Brownback fared so well, as both are amnesty supporters. I'm assuming it's because many Iowans base their votes on religious reasons. All the votes for those two could possibly be going to Tancredo.
    Huckabee and Brownback have both done a reasonably good job thus far in convincing many Iowa Republicans that they are not supporters of amnesty.

The Iowa caucuses will not occur until January 2007. Hopefully, most Iowa Republicans will know by then that Brownback and Huckabee support amnesty.

Huckabee and Brownback seem so fake to me.....They look like the typical politicians who try to fool religious Christians into believing they care about them. I hope the evangelicals have learned from what a disaster Bush has been, and vote to nominate a real conservative this time.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Re: Mr.T's number four in Iowa not the surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    Mr. T's number four showing was no suprise in Iowa. He can move on.

Will someone tell me (The forum liberal) What happened to Duncan Hunter?

Thanks gang
    I'm pleased with the fourth place finish, though I would have been much happier with a second or third place finish. Tancredo needed at least a fourth place finish to be taken seriously after the straw poll

In order for him to be taken seriously after the Iowa caucuses, he is going to have to finish at least fourth and maybe as high as third. That is a tall order, but it can be done.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by realbsball

http://www.teamtancredo.com/amnesty_amn ... #brownback

"Amnesty Amnesia" Claims Another Victim:

MIKE HUCKABEE

In a press release issued, former Governor Mike Huckabee took issue with the Tancredo campaign's characterization of him as a pro-amnesty politician. Unfortunately for the Governor, the facts support the label.

Fact #1. As Governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee denounced an immigration bill (Arkansas Senate Bill 206) that "would have required proof of citizenship to register to vote and would have required state agencies to report suspected cases of people living in the country illegally." (Doug Thompson, "Immigration Bill un-christian..governor says"Arkansas News Bureau 1/28/05)

Fact #2. As Governor, Mike Huckabee offered a proposal to give state funded scholarships and state benefits to illegal aliens. (Laura Kellams, "Huckabee Plan would give aid to illegal aliens" Arkansas Democrat Gazette 1/12/2005)

Fact #3. Governor Huckabee supported a Bush-backed immigration plan that provides a path to citizenship for some illegal aliens.
    (CNN 2008 Election Center, http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/ca ... kabee.html)

Fact #4. Governor Huckabee refuses to sign the "No Amnesty Pledge".

The Governor is suffering from what is called "amnesty amnesia". It is a contagious ailment spreading rapidly through the ranks of the Republican presidential candidates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAM BROWNBACK

Fact #1. Senator Brownback voted to give amnesty to illegal aliens in 2006 and 2007. (SB 2611 5/25/06, SB 1639 6/28/07)

Fact #2. Senator Brownback voted for the McCain-Kennedy Amnesty Bill. (SA 3985 5/18/06)

Fact #3. Senator Brownback wants to give Social Security Benefits to illegal immigrants. (Americans for better Immigration, CNN 6/29/07)

Senator Brownback is suffering from what is called "amnesty amnesia". It is a contagious ailment spreading rapidly through the ranks of the Republican presidential candidates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MITT ROMNEY

Fact #1. Governor Romney opposes deporting illegal immigrants. (San-Francisco Chronicle 3/17/07)

Fact #2. Governor Romney supports a legal path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. (Lowell Sun 3/30/06)

Fact #3. Governor Romney called the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill "a reasonable proposal". (Associated Press 3/26/06)

Governor Romney is suffering from what is called "amnesty amnesia". It is a contagious ailment spreading rapidly through the ranks of the Republican presidential candidates.

did anybody here about the bogus email sent out saying the tancredo buses were cancelled? May have cost him some votes...
    <div>Contact your Representatives and tell them to cosponsor the SAVE Act (H.R. 408!

numbersusa.com*
    ronpaul2008.com

</div>

Bogus E-Mail

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymot
    did anybody here about the bogus email sent out saying the tancredo buses were cancelled? May have cost him some votes...
    The Des Moines Register reported on it. I will try to post a link to its article later today.

There is going to be an investigation of the e-mail.

I'm very interested to see who sent the e-mail and what candidate that person supports.

Probably cost him a good many votes. What a weasel to do something like that! Makes you think someone is afraid of Tancredo!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Des Moines Register article

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... /1001/NEWS

Tancredo investigating bus cancellation hoax
    ERIN JORDAN
    REGISTER IOWA CITY BUREAU

August 10, 2007

Staff for Republican presidential candidate Tom Tancredo are looking into a hoax e-mail sent today to nearly 500 people saying buses transporting Tancredo supporters to Saturday's straw poll in Ames had been canceled.

"This is a blatant attempt to derail our efforts for the straw poll," said Alan Moore, spokesman for Rep. Tancredo, R-Colo.

The bogus e-mail sent around 10:45 a.m. today to about 490 recipients stated the Tancredo campaign had canceled 10 buses and changed the pickup times for 40 other buses.

The e-mail said the changes were made "because of efforts by some of our opponents, a number of businesses have been forced to deny our ability to use their sites for parking and coordinated campaign activities."

Moore said the e-mail is false and that the Tancredo bus schedule remains the same.

The campaign plans to send a message to all recipients of the hoax e-mail alerting them to the false message, Moore said. They will also try to find out who sent the bogus e-mail, he said.

"We're looking into it, but there's only so much we can do," Moore said.

Tancredo is among eight Republicans participating in Saturday's straw poll in Ames.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12