Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoLiberalDemocrat
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    When my older two started school they required a physical and vaccinations. However, if you were low income, you could opt out until they went to middle school.
    WHAT? You have got to be kidding. I grew up in a low income family (though the salary scales would have disagreed back then) and we were not allowed to enter/return to school unless our vaccinations were completed--there was no "opt out" available. And you'd better believe our vaccinations were done without interrupting our class time. What in the world is happening? Why are they putting this nation's children and adults at risk?
    you can also opt out on religious grounds.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Has anyone heard the recent news about AIDS----that has been reported on Fox and through other sources??? They believe that it was brought into the country by Haitians. I am assuming ILLEGAL Haitians-----as those who came in through LEGAL channels would have to go through health checks!!
    I hate to worry you but if you come into the US on an employment or visitor visa there are no health checks and it is something I have commented on. The only time I have had to have a medical for immigration purposes has been for my green card and I had been here eight years by that time. Since I work in a hospital my employer does do thorough checks at regular intervals though.

I test positive for TB since I had a BCG vaccine as a child and this is a normal situation, but I do not have the disease, my lung x ray confirms it.

With regard to MRSA this has been an ongoing problem in the UK for a couple of years now.

The solution to this is cleanliness essentially. If the environment is clean this disease cannot grow. However, it is a problem like so many other bacterial problems in every hospital in the United States and other developed countries.

The bottom line is that you cannot blame people who enter the country for every disease that effects the population. If you recall the recent TB scare in Georgia was an affluent lawyer who was a US citizen. People are travelling more and you have no idea what arrives on every plane from some far flung places at hundreds of airports every day. The only way to protect yourself is remain healthy so you can fight infections and hope you have a well developed immune system.

Another thought before I go. Making your world germ free with antibacterial wipes, sprays etc is not necessarily good for you. Your immune system needs to be exposed to bacteria and viruses to work on your behalf when it is put under pressure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12