Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: MTV to Air 'White People' Documentary From Jose Antonio Vargas (Exclusive)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MTV to Air 'White People' Documentary From Jose Antonio Vargas (Exclusive)

June 17, 2015

The cable network is partnering with Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas for a new documentary on race titled White People, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The documentary will explore race, whiteness and how young white people perceive their racial identity in an increasingly multiracial America. The project follows Vargas around the country as he takes a deep look into the lives of five young white people from various backgrounds, as well as many more young people who take part in conversations about race at their local schools and community centers.

White People will be presented as part of MTV's Emmy-winning Look Different campaign, which aims to shed light on biases based on race, gender and sexual orientation. The project will premiere Wednesday, July 22 at 8 p.m., and will also be made available on MTV.com, the MTV App, MTV's Facebook page and the network's YouTube channel.

"Whiteness often remains unexamined in conversations about race in this country, even as it acts as the implicit norm against which other racial identities are judged,” said MTV President Stephen Friedman. “By shining a spotlight on whiteness, we hope &lsquoWhite People’ will serve as a powerful conversation starter that encourages our audience to address racial bias through honest, judgment-free dialogue.”

The documentary was made in collaboration with Vargas's nonprofit, Define American, which focuses on the conversations surrounding immigration, identity and citizenship.

“The topic of whiteness and white privilege is especially charged for young, white people — as they often are too nervous to actively engage in a conversation for fear of being offensive,” said Vargas. “Race is a sensitive subject no matter who you are, and our goal with the documentary is to treat each person, story and community featured in the documentary with the utmost respect, all while exploring what race means to them.”

Vargas directed White People and executive produces with Erika Clarke, as well as Craig D’Entrone and Amelia D’Entrone for Punched In The Head Productions, and Stephen Friedman and Betsy Forhan for MTV.

In addition to the documentary, MTV also launched the "Look Different Creator Competition" to invite up-and-coming filmmakers to create videos that offer creative new outlooks on the subject of privilege in today’s world, including racial, gender and sexual orientation privilege. Three projects will be selected to be produced and potentially distributed by MTV by a panel of judges including Vargas, Kal Penn (House), Max Joseph (Catfish), Carter Covington (Faking It), Franchesca Ramsey (Decoded), Laci Green (Braless) and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro (UnREAL).

White People premieres on July 22 at 8 p.m. on MTV.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/mtv-a...141052941.html

NEW MTV SHOW PUBLICLY SHAMES WHITE PEOPLE FOR “WHAT THEY’VE DONE IN AMERICA”
    White People documentary hosted by illegal immigrant features young Americans crying over their "white privilege"

MTV will air a show later this month entitled White People which shows young white Americans crying on camera over their “white privilege” and publicly shaming them for “what they’ve done in America”.

No, this is not a joke. The documentary is hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and amnesty activist who has worked for the Washington Post and the Huffington Post.

The trailer for the show, which has been widely criticized by YouTube respondents, features white people expressing angst about how they are desperate not to appear “racist” or “offend people.”

According to Kimberly Ricci, the documentary forces the participants “to internalize what they’ve done in America” – in other words, this a huge exercise in white guilt tripping for public consumption.

An MTV write up of the show also explains how Vargas talks to young Native Americans who feel that European settlers did not ‘save the country’.

“They are the ones who invaded. They are the ones who took,” says Vargas.

In the interests of balance, when will Vargas be fronting a show called Black People that collectively blames all black people for black crime statistics, including the fact that black people in America commit over half of homicides despite making up only 13 per cent of the population?

How about the fact that despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa?

How about the fact that interracial rapes are almost exclusively black on white?

How about the Barbary slave trade, under which over 1 million white Christian Europeans were enslaved in North Africa until the middle of the 18th century?

Are black people going to be shown crying on camera having been shamed into taking responsibility for all of this? No, because that would be racist. But according to MTV and Vargas, subjecting someone to trial by media purely because of their skin color is perfectly acceptable – so long as they are white.

This documentary represents the culmination of years of race-baiting and racial division which is being driven by the mass media and the Obama White House, tensions which have rapidly accelerated since the Ferguson and Baltimore riots.

Responses to the video trailer on YouTube were savage, with the clip receiving twice as many ‘thumbs down’ in comparison to ‘thumbs up’.

“I’m black, even I know this show is straight up racist. Only because it’s stereotyping white people, all white INDIVIDUALS are not like that,” wrote one respondent.

“You want an uncomfortable conversation on race? Let’s talk about violent crime stats shall we? No? I get it, you only want white people to feel uncomfortable,” added another.

“**** you MTV, I will NEVER apologize for the skin I was born with, nor will I apologize for being a male, or for being straight,” another respondent asserted.

However, many in the liberal media are celebrating the show, with Kristen Yoonsoo remarking how pleased she is about the fact that, “lots of white people tears lie ahead.”

“It’s always a good time poking fun at white people,” she concludes.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
    FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor at large of Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com.

http://www.infowars.com/new-mtv-show...ne-in-america/

Contact info for MTV.

john.cucci@viacom345.com
    212-767-8724

Or President of Programming

Susanne Daniels
    Susanne.Daniels@mtvgc.com
    212-258-8000

Or

http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/legal/fr...uestions.jhtml

“The topic of whiteness and white privilege is especially charged for young, white people — as they often are too nervous to actively engage in a conversation for fear of being offensive,” said Vargas. “Race is a sensitive subject no matter who you are, and our goal with the documentary is to treat each person, story and community featured in the documentary with the utmost respect, all while exploring what race means to them.”
    Ill be glad to explain to you about how your political tool called 'white privilege' is a bunch of bull cap Mr. Vargas if you ever want to take on someone your own size instead of picking on white kids about it.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

oh wow! I did not realize that Jose Antonio Vargas is an illegal immigrant!!!
    ---

New MTV Show Publicly Shames White People For “What They’ve Done in America”

White People documentary hosted by illegal immigrant features young Americans crying over their "white privilege"

by Paul Joseph Watson | July 9, 2015

MTV will air a show later this month entitled White People which shows young white Americans crying on camera over their “white privilege” and publicly shaming them for “what they’ve done in America”.

No, this is not a joke. The documentary is hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and amnesty activist who has worked for the Washington Post and the Huffington Post.
    The trailer for the show, which has been widely criticized by YouTube respondents, features white people expressing angst about how they are desperate not to appear “racist” or “offend people.”
    According to Kimberly Ricci, the documentary forces the participants “to internalize what they’ve done in America” – in other words, this a huge exercise in white guilt tripping for public consumption. An MTV write up of the show also explains how Vargas talks to young Native Americans who feel that European settlers did not ‘save the country’. “They are the ones who invaded. They are the ones who took,” says Vargas. In the interests of balance, when will Vargas be fronting a show called Black People that collectively blames all black people for black crime statistics, including the fact that black people in America commit over half of homicides despite making up only 13 per cent of the population? How about the fact that despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa? How about the fact that interracial rapes are almost exclusively black on white? How about the Barbary slave trade, under which over 1 million white Christian Europeans were enslaved in North Africa until the middle of the 18th century? Are black people going to be shown crying on camera having been shamed into taking responsibility for all of this? No, because that would be racist. But according to MTV and Vargas, subjecting someone to trial by media purely because of their skin color is perfectly acceptable – so long as they are white. This documentary represents the culmination of years of race-baiting and racial division which is being driven by the mass media and the Obama White House, tensions which have rapidly accelerated since the Ferguson and Baltimore riots. Responses to the video trailer on YouTube were savage, with the clip receiving twice as many ‘thumbs down’ in comparison to ‘thumbs up’. “I’m black, even I know this show is straight up racist. Only because it’s stereotyping white people, all white INDIVIDUALS are not like that,” wrote one respondent. “You want an uncomfortable conversation on race? Let’s talk about violent crime stats shall we? No? I get it, you only want white people to feel uncomfortable,” added another. “**** you MTV, I will NEVER apologize for the skin I was born with, nor will I apologize for being a male, or for being straight,” another respondent asserted. However, many in the liberal media are celebrating the show, with Kristen Yoonsoo remarking how pleased she is about the fact that, “lots of white people tears lie ahead.” “It’s always a good time poking fun at white people,” she concludes.

http://www.infowars.com/new-mtv-show...ne-in-america/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    oh wow! I did not realize that Jose Antonio Vargas is an illegal immigrant!!! . . .
    6/22/2011

http://www.alipac.us/f12/pulitzer-pr...-alien-230352/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He is the illegal alien darling of the left.

I know that there are brown Mexicans, black Mexicans, I assume that there must be some white Mexicans, so what is the goal for him. He by focusing on "white People" is also slamming Mexicans. There is one major difference between Mexicans, and white, red, black, yellow or brown Americans.

An alien Mexican driving drunk killed my son Kevin. No American of any color or white has ever harmed members of my family. So, Mr. Vargas, my perspective and experience is that one illegal Mexican did a thousand fold squared more harm than any white people! Not one Mexican, including you, have ever said that they were sorry. Here is a fact for you to chew on, scum is as scum does. Scum breaks into my home (nation) and kills my son, not any American has been so low!
    Last edited by kevinssdad; 07-09-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: added clarity

I have been following (watching) this idiot for awhile. To begin with he is not Mexican, he is from the Philippines. I remember years ago after him bragging about being illegal he was detained for having a fake D.L. Just recently he went down to the Mexican border to encourage some illegals crossing the border and demanding asylum. He evidently didn't realize where border checks inside of Texas were and was detained and locked up overnight. He is one of the Dreamer's hero and goes around flaunting his illegal status and creating scenes to rile of illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I know that there are brown Mexicans, black Mexicans, I assume that there must be some white Mexicans, so what is the goal for him. He by focusing on "white People" is also slamming Mexicans. There is one major difference between Mexicans, and white, red, black, yellow or brown Americans.

An alien Mexican driving drunk killed my son Kevin. No American of any color or white has ever harmed members of my family. So, Mr. Vargas, my perspective and experience is that one illegal Mexican did a thousand fold squared more harm than any white people! Not one Mexican, including you, have ever said that they were sorry. Here is a fact for you to chew on, scum is as scum does. Scum breaks into my home (nation) and kills my son, not any American has been so low!
    Mexico has the third largest white population in Central America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast