Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MTV show "Real Life" about life on the border

Interesting show on MTV today about living on the border. It followed 3 people. One illegal immigrant who came here as a child, has been here for 22 years (Mexican flag hanging on the wall of their apt) and has only now decided to apply for legal citizenship so he can go to school on financial aid. He went to an immigration attorney who said his anchor baby brother could sponser him but the wait list is 12-20 years. That his best chance is to marry a citizen. He got acccepted to a college but no financial aid. He was basically a pity me story, "It's not my fault my parents came here, I just want a better life." I'm thinking why didn't you (or your parents) apply 20 years ago on behalf of the anchor brother until waiting until you wanted free school! They also showed him STEALING palets, to take to a recycling center for money. He knew where they were being stacked for legal companies to pick up and would beat them to it.

Another person followed was a cop. He had to stand around saying he was legally unable to do anything while watching people cross illegally. They showed him stopping a pickup truck, the driver fled (illegal probably) and found a few hundred pounds of marijuana in it. He openly said the illegals cause the majority of the crime.

Another person followed was a minute man. He went out to a private ranch to clean up illegal's waste from crossing because the city was fining the ranch owner $500 per day since he had garbage on his property. Poor guy will probably not be able to clean up after them fast enough to avoid fines and lose his home. Then he was catching illegals cross, when they do, he stops and talks to them, gives them water and tries to get them to stay there until border patrol shows up. Seems like border patrol does not respond most of the time. He also mentioned there was alot of human trafficking going on. Very sad.

It's definitly an interesting "real life" type of show. Worth seeing if you get a chance.

Sounds like where I live but the Border Patrol always respond when I call!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)