Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Muslim women ask Trump #Canyouhearusnow?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Muslim women ask Trump #Canyouhearusnow?

Muslim women ask Trump #Canyouhearusnow?

Aysha Khan, Religion News Service 6:34 p.m. EDT August 2, 2016

When Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump disparaged the parents of fallen soldier Army Capt. Humayun Khan, he didn’t just pick a fight with the Khans. He now faces the ire of hundreds of Muslim American women.

It started when Trump responded to the Khans’ appearance at the Democratic National Convention Thursday.

During that appearance, Humayun Khan’s mother, Ghazala Khan, stood beside her husband silently as he criticized Trump. In an interview with ABC News, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump suggested Ghazala Khan was not permitted to speak because of her religion.

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there,” said Trump. “She had nothing to say…maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me.”

Khan said she declined to speak because she was emotional over the loss of her son, who died in 2004 in Iraq.

“Because without saying a thing, all the world, all America, felt my pain. I am a Gold Star mother. Whoever saw me felt me in their heart,” she wrote in The Washington Post. “Walking onto the convention stage, with a huge picture of my son behind me, I could hardly control myself. What mother could?”

Now, Muslim women around the country — lawyers, entrepreneurs, teachers, activists, artists, mothers and students — are using the trending hashtag #CanYouHearUsNow on social media to address Trump’s comments, as well as the popular notion that Islam oppresses women.

“I’m running a trauma center, making life saving split second decisions. Make no mistake — my voice is heard,” Los Angeles-based doctor Almaas Shaikh tweeted.

“I became a journalist to pursue transparency to clarify misrepresentations. Misrepresentations that (you) shamelessly create,” NPR’s Noor Wazwaz told Trump on Twitter.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations has pushed the campaign as well, calling on Muslim women to join the Twitter storm by “sharing the various ways they speak out every day.”

“As the leader of America’s largest Muslim civil rights organization, I urge Donald Trump to apologize for his shameful remarks disparaging a Muslim Gold Star family and for his repeated use and promotion of anti-Muslim stereotypes,” CAIR board chair Roula Allouch said in a statement. “Just as Donald Trump must apologize for his un-American remarks, Republican Party leaders must finally repudiate their candidate’s divisive rhetoric.”

Prominent Muslim American women like Arab American Association of New York director Linda Sarsour, social activist Hind Makki, Institute for Social Police and Understanding research director Dalia Mogahed have joined in, as well as groups like the Muslim Public Affairs Council.

“Donald Trump needs to move his understanding of Islam and Muslims beyond the stereotypes,” Rabiah Ahmed, MPAC media director, said. “Our campaign is one way for us to showcase who we are and what we stand for.”

Trump has previously called for a “total and complete” ban on Muslim immigration to the U.S., said he would implement a database to track Muslims Americans and claimed he watched thousands of Muslim Americans celebrating the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

“When I think of Muslim women, I think of all the beautiful women who are working hard everyday to spread good and change the world for better,” Fatima Salman, executive director of the Muslim Student Association National and ISNA representative, said in a statement. “This campaign is designed to show Donald Trump and the rest of America this reality.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...khan/87951458/
    Last edited by Judy; 08-03-2016 at 05:06 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump's reaction to her silence was based on the Angry Muslim attack on Trump by the big-mouth husband immigration lawyer worried about his immigration lawyer fees drying up if Trump is elected and Trump imposes his ban on Muslim immigration. I have no problem at all with Trump's question about her silence. In Trump's world of dealing for over a year with grieving mothers who have lost their children to war, to illegal aliens, to crime, to terrorism .... mothers are not silent, they speak out about the issue that took the life of their child. But this display at the Convention wasn't about who or what took the life of their child, it was purely a financial concern related to Trump's Muslim ban that would dry up fees for the Khan's immigration law business earning money from helping rich Muslims migrate to the United States.

That all said .... yes, we hear you. Trump hears you. Trump probably knows more about Muslims and American Muslims than most members of Congress, most Judges, most Governors, most Presidents. Trump actually does business with Muslims here and around the world. He knows the variations of Muslimism. He also knows that foreign Muslimism is different than most American Muslimism. Since the Khans chose to display themselves in a political arena attacking Trump over his ban on foreign Muslimism, Turmp had every right and cause to believe that the Khans were not American Muslims, but still of the foreign Muslimism persuasion which in most foreign countries including the very oppressive to women UAE where they actually migrated from to the US because that's where they were when they moved to "somewhere" in the US, that being very unclear, because some reports say Harvard in Boston, yet the New York Times said it was to a $200 a month apartment in Houston, Texas.

So I have a question. Why do American Muslim Women still wear these scarves and wrap their heads and necks with them? Do you do this as part of your religion? Do you think it is fashionable and attractive? Is it to point out to everyone that you walk by or who sees you that you are Muslim? Is it part of a culture you brought with you or did you choose to adopt it here?

Don't feel stereotyped. I wonder and ask the same question of people who tattoo their bodies and dye their hair purple or wear clothes that show more than they should.

It's just a question about choice of attire, so please don't be offended. Most American women would find covering their heads and necks an oppressive form of dress unless it was cold outside and they were doing it for warmth.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-03-2016 at 05:24 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

More Muslim political theater. This "group" that is given news coverage could be as big as the protest groups that the MSM likes to cover. It makes me think that these women are advocating allow potential terrorists into our country just because they claim a particular faith.