Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My 1st & 2nd graders are being indoctrinated for Obama

There is a new Librarian at my kids school. This week BOTH my 1st and 2nd grade kids came home with thier "Obama projects". On Wednesday my 2nd grade son came home with his "Obama word search" and informed me that they were read a book about Obama's life story. He told me there is also other books and pictures around the library of him. The owrd search had words like "black", "white", "hope", "courage", "love"....

The next day my 1st grade daughter came home with a piece of paper that she was made to write "Yes We Can" on it. She also had to endure the life story book.

I was really taken aback at how furious this made me. My first thought was "they are trying to indoctrinate my kids!"

I don't ever remember being made to recite presidential slogans when I was in school! I understand President's day is coming up, but I thought it was to celebrate the birthdays of Washington and Lincoln.

I'm not sure if I should talk to the kid's teachers first or the principal or all of them. I wondered how many other parents are bothered by this, if any. Am I overreacting to this? Is my anger out of line? I am torn between really hammering them for this or just waiting for the honeymoon phase to die down. This is an otherwise excellent public elementary school and I have had no issues until now.

Not all of us here in CA are liberal democrats and I am really offended that this Obot in the library cant' seem to curb her enthusiasm for a man that has done nothing great except move into the White House. This whole hero worship just gets more nauseating by the day and I'm tired of it already....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Obamanation* is at hand.

*read as abomination
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This type of teaching has been going on past 40 years in our public schools and now we see the impact in our society, I continue to recommend to all who will listen if anyway possible remove your children from public schools while we have some good teachers the system it's self is harmful to our kids.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

As a parent, you certainly have the "Right" to be concerned with your childrens school curriculum and as to what purpose this project serves. The search words are particular disturbing because they are assimulating those words with this so called Obama project. In my opinion, your children are being psychologically conditioned and or Indoctrinated. At the very least, you should have grave concerns and raise issue with the local school board.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I would offer up a political fairness program to the school board, They should agree since it is only fair and your paying for the school and other parents might call and recommend that it needs to be fair. If they teach an Obama class then they teach a Constitution assignment. But I would complain to the school board.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    This type of teaching has been going on past 40 years in our public schools and now we see the impact in our society, I continue to recommend to all who will listen if anyway possible remove your children from public schools while we have some good teachers the system it's self is harmful to our kids.
    I don't agree oldguy, sorry, it wasn't in MY SCHOOL!

I would go to the school boars and be mad at them and in turn they should control the teachers. I would be livid!
    It will become a habit if it isn't dealt with soon.
    Next step, the news or newspapers.
    I'm not use to losing, I cover the bases
    Give me the number I'll call!!!

Obama acts and is treated like "The Dear One" in North Korea!
    His picture is everywhere. I don't go places much now but when I do,
    I'll rip any picture I see down.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I feel they are being brainwashed. Obama is everywhere and now this. My kids have almost no escape from him, none of us do.

Would going directly to the school board be going over someone's head? Would it be better to go straight to the principal first and see what happens? I've never dealt with anything like this before....

I feel like I need to do something FAST, but don't know the best place to start first.
    I am afraid this might get out of control.

SUE SUE SUE!!! Isn't that how the liberals get their way. There are plenty of attorneys out there. We need to start playing hardball. I am really sick of this crap!

i would much rather have my kids get an "F" on this topic than to take part in it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast