Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Confrontation With An American Traitor

My Confrontation With An American Traitor
    Immigration piece by Dave Gibson
    Sunday, January 13, 2008

Recently, the Virginia Beach Democrats website (VBDems.com) held an online discussion with an open-borders lobbyist and legislative strategist named Claire Guthrie Gastanaga. She works on behalf of the race-based, pro-illegal immigration Virginia Coalition of Latino Organizations. I took the opportunity to confront this woman who makes a living by betraying her own nation, and her response to my direct questioning was very telling.

Our exchange follows:

I wrote:
    [quote]“Claire,
    Why have you decided to betray your nation and work on behalf of those who invade our country, kill our police officers, hunt our children, drive intoxicated and without licenses on our roads? Why have you decided to work on behalf of those who have no respect for our laws (that goes for both invaders as well as the politicians and business owners who encourage their illegal entry)?
    Before you give me some high-minded pat answer, please answer as if you were talking to the families of the thousands of victims of drunk driving, armed robbery, cop killings, and rapes at the hands of illegal aliens every year.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh this is excellent. Her lack of further responses showed he scored a few points. I would have loved to seen further dialog between these two.

I had an article translated from La Raza recently and this is what it came up with for our local pro-activist; 'defender of the undocumented.' That's this lady for sure...Ms. Gastanaga.

(CHICAGO) .- The Waukegan Police Department requested the personal data of public school students in Waukegan to facilitate the search for missing children, according to newspaper reports Lake County News-Sun.

The petition has strained some defenders of the undocumented, as the activist Margaret Carrasco, Casa Mexiquense, who assured that the measure "is another weapon against the immigrant community of Waukegan, as the 287 (g)."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]
    Last year, when the Virginia General Assembly was discussing a proposed measure which would ban the admission of illegal aliens to state colleges, Ms. Gastanaga became livid. She said: “We would become the only state in the U.S. to prohibit the admission of undocumented students to colleges or to technical schools or for completion of GED.â€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I just escaped that fear-driven mythological land, it is called California. No place in Antioch was safe. I lived in a "good neighborhood" but only two blocks away, people were being shot on a weekly basis. When my job was outsourced to India, I could not find gainful employment because I spoke English. If you fear an imaginary dragon, you can defeat it with rhetoric. But I have seen the illegal immigration dragon with my own eyes. It is very real, and must be defeated. Superman is an imaginary figure and will not fly out to save our country from the invaders, it is up to you and me.
    My sister lives in Fairfield, I grew up in Richmond and Pinole. I was there last fall to visit and could not believe how far down the toilet that area has swirled. All my old school friends are now packing heat to protect themselves from the roving gang-bangers that have overrun the entire East Bay. Contra Costa County has become a third world hellhole!

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I just escaped that fear-driven mythological land, it is called California. No place in Antioch was safe. I lived in a "good neighborhood" but only two blocks away, people were being shot on a weekly basis. When my job was outsourced to India, I could not find gainful employment because I spoke English. If you fear an imaginary dragon, you can defeat it with rhetoric. But I have seen the illegal immigration dragon with my own eyes. It is very real, and must be defeated. Superman is an imaginary figure and will not fly out to save our country from the invaders, it is up to you and me.
    My sister lives in Fairfield, I grew up in Richmond and Pinole. I was there last fall to visit and could not believe how far down the toilet that area has swirled. All my old school friends are now packing heat to protect themselves from the roving gang-bangers that have overrun the entire East Bay. Contra Costa County has become a third world hellhole!
    You survived Richmond???? Wow they are worse than Oakland now. Contra Costa county is definitely a paradise lost.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    You survived Richmond???? Wow they are worse than Oakland now. Contra Costa county is definitely a paradise lost.
    I grew up on Ohio Avenue, the wrong side of the tracks even back in the 60's.

Gustanaga spews the same junk as the rest of the OBL's. The laws are not working for them, so change them. And if we don't keep an eye on this do nothing government, that's just what they will do.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Banned
    From the very beginning its been all about criminals demanding
    we change the laws to accommodate them.

Nothing is broken except our governments resolve to enforce our
    laws , The immigration laws are fine the way they are , its our
    government that is snafu as far as enforcement

Yup, I wish they would change the laws for us so we didn't have to pay federal income or Social Security taxes.

Gastanaga seems to be stuck on the premise that the US, as a whole, has been a great villain of injustice against her race. That is why she likes to make those civil disobedience references. My experience with the political left on this issue is that they like to bring up the NAFTA treaty as the crowning injustice that touched off the latest, huge wave of immigration.

I didn't know much about this issue and so was helpless against liberals' arguments (such as in my union) that they like to launch to make us tolerate the illegal alien wave. From what I found out--and this is from an unbiased Wikipedia article--the US agricultural system was simply outproducing that of Mexico, and looking for international markets,
    so Mexico slapped tariffs on our produce, chiefly corn, and eventually a free trade agreement arose out of that. This was nothing new for Mexico since they already had other freetrade agreements with other countries.

One element of free trade was that American manufacturers could open facilities on the Mexican side of the border(maquiladoras), which created jobs to replace the ones lost due to inefficient agricultural production. This turned into a major sector of the Mexican economy. The employees could have stuck with the companies (just as American employees do) but chose not to follow the maquiladora enterprises when they moved operations to other parts of Mexico, or other countries. Instead they chose to cross the border to the US. Culturally, they also did not make the shift to the size of family that ould be supported by a manufacturing job, but continued to rely on the large family size typical of agrarian societies.

Leftist critics charge that there has been inadequate representation in the Mexican parliament for the peasants and maquiladora employees; and that the Parliament has fast tracked the elimination of tariffs on US imports. But the other side of the coin is that the largely US companies that opened up manufacturing facilities in Mexico were also under agreement to ship waste products back to the US. Where do US manufacturers freely ship their own waste products?

The Mexican government, wanting to modernize, should assist its own people in adapting to the changing conditions of industrialization. The Roman Catholic Church, if it is going to resist contemporary family planning methods and otherwise encourage large families, should bear the responsibility for that choice and help its own people. It could even team up with other religious based groups, as is done in othe parts of the world. Instead it sets up links with US-based Catholic agencies and sends a horde of newly christened missionaries our way.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast