Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

My Email Response from Senator Wayne Allard

Thank you for expressing your concerns with the recent trends in illegal immigration. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this important issue.

I make a clear distinction between illegal and legal immigration. Although we are a nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws. Those who enter our country illegally disrespect our laws and take advantage of our generous immigration system. We should no longer be passive about deportation, particularly with illegal immigrants who have committed crimes in this country.

As for legal immigration, I favor strong sponsorship requirements and other policies that aim to ensure that immigrants enter this country as productive members of society in pursuit of opportunity, not public assistance. As Americans, we must not forget that many of our forefathers were immigrants who had a strong sense of personal responsibility and who established the strong foundations of individualism which have made this country what it is today. Our country thrives on the new ideas and fresh energy that our many legal immigrants continue to bring. Any solution addressing the current immigration dilemma must acknowledge the important contributions legal immigrants make to our country without rewarding illegal behavior.

With respect to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, the Senate's rejection of several key amendments to the legislation made it impossible for me to vote for this bill. This legislation grants amnesty to millions of people who entered this country illegally. Granting amnesty rewards breaking the law, encourages more illegal immigration, and penalizes law abiding immigrants. I do not believe it is fair to let law-breakers jump in front of the citizenship line ahead of those who have followed the rules, observed U.S. immigration law, and gone through the legal process. Furthermore, this legislation will have a staggering, negative fiscal impact on taxpayers.

The American people and the people of Colorado are demanding better border security and better enforcement of our current immigration laws. Our immigration laws need to be reformed in a way that acknowledges the contribution of immigrants to our country, while simultaneously preserving the bedrock principle upon which the country was founded: the rule of law.

Thank you for writing to share your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you again. If you would like more information on issues important to Colorado and the nation, please log on to my website at http://allard.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Wayne Allard

United States Senator

Good to see this letter. He left the door open for his favorite thing though visas. He is the King of H1b H2b and any other b his business friends like.

he will be gone next election. Here is hopeing Lamm will run for his spot
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

April
    I was just happy to get a reply . His record on illegal immigration really looks good when compared to Salazars. I of course have not heard from Salazar.

Does this guy realize illegal aliens are not immigrants? Immigrants are law abiding people who come here legally and obey our laws. Illegal aliens are criminals who pick and choose which of our laws they obey from the very first step they make in the US.

April
    Its the usual....politician trying to be politically correct.