Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: My experience at the polls today

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    No lines, no waiting, didn't even ask to see your voters registration card, let alone anything else. Just give your name, sign the paper and they hand you a ballot. Fill in the circle...stick it in the machine and the nice lady gives you a sticker that says "I voted". I couldn't hear the whole conversation but one gentleman was having a problem.......seems someone early voted using his name. He was elderly and just was confused as to what do I do now? One name, one vote...the end. Pulling out his ID's didn't matter....sorry...a vote has been cast in your name. So he quietly went on his way. Thought it was strange but not surprising.

It was extreemly quiet....no one even dressed in red, white and blue.....no one even talked except to send you to the right person who was handling the B's or R's etc. There was a daycare going on in the church and the only sounds was occationally something from the kids.....
    When I read your post I said to myself, "This HAS to be in IL". Lo and behold I was right! They will not allow any reasonable voter identification requirement or all the illegals would not be able to vote. Just think, these people who sign their name by making an X are no doubt on their way to polling places now, probably riding on LaRaza provided buses. Their special bilingual ballot will be a blank piece of paper with 'McCain' and a box next to it to check. Is this a great state or what?!

PS If I was that elderly gentleman I would have stood my ground and refused to move until they straightened things out.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    We are almost completely mail in ballots here now. The ballot is mailed to your place of residence and you either drop it off at a secured location, or you mail it in. So far as I know, there has been little problems with it.

To hear that, makes me sick. It seems obvious that this mans identity was stolen.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I couldn't hear the whole conversation but one gentleman was having a problem.......seems someone early voted using his name. He was elderly and just was confused as to what do I do now? One name, one vote...the end. Pulling out his ID's didn't matter....sorry...a vote has been cast in your name. So he quietly went on his way.
    Now if he was Hispanic MALDEF and the ACLU would file a lawsuit on his behalf. What we need is PALDEF (Patriotic American Legal Defense Fund) to ensure our rights are not abridged.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I couldn't hear the whole conversation but one gentleman was having a problem.......seems someone early voted using his name. He was elderly and just was confused as to what do I do now? One name, one vote...the end. Pulling out his ID's didn't matter....sorry...a vote has been cast in your name. So he quietly went on his way.
    Now if he was Hispanic MALDEF and the ACLU would file a lawsuit on his behalf. What we need is PALDEF (Patriotic American Legal Defense Fund?)
    You got that right- because he is an American male, no less, no one will give a rat's nest about the fact that he was DENIED his right to vote. Everyone keep your eyes open! If any of this is going on while you are at your polling place, speak up! INSIST this citizen be allowed to cast a ballot!

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Now if he was Hispanic MALDEF and the ACLU would file a lawsuit on his behalf. What we need is PALDEF (Patriotic American Legal Defense Fund?)
    You got that right- because he is an American male, no less, no one will give a rat's nest about the fact that he was DENIED his right to vote. Everyone keep your eyes open! If any of this is going on while you are at your polling place, speak up! INSIST this citizen be allowed to cast a ballot!
    I had already planned on it after reading about this poor man having his right taken away by a thief. I will try and stay around all day and keep an eye on things like this, When it finally makes it to us. .lol it kinda makes me mad my vote really won't count anyways as the nominees will have already been chosen by the time I get to vote
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Los Angeles

I went and voted at my local new and big Korean church. (I must say the Korean immigrants are very clean and respectable.)

There was a man in front of me with a heavy Latino accent who apparently didn't appear on several local precinct lists so the election worker let him fill out some kind of a new slip to vote. I whispered to her, "is he legal?" She flashed his CA drivers license to me and I said "that doesn't mean anything". She replied "they will check it downtown".

RIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    L
    There was a man in front of me with a heavy Latino accent who apparently didn't appear on several local precinct lists so the election worker let him fill out some kind of a new slip to vote. I whispered to her, "is he legal?" She flashed his CA drivers license to me and I said "that doesn't mean anything". She replied "they will check it downtown".
    They probably gave him a provisional ballot which will be checked and approved "downtown" by Tony (the Thug) Villar!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All I know is it's sad to think anyone can vote early, request an absentee ballot....or even in situation like today....know your hours at work and vote before you get the chance too and there's nothing you can do. Just find that very strange....whoever gets to the polls first wins....even if they aren't the right person.
    This just makes me sick! I wonder how many times this has happened!
    My husband wants to do absentee ballots, but I want to go to the polls. I just want to be sure my vote gets counted, and not "mixed up" in another candidates pile.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My husband wants to do absentee ballots, but I want to go to the polls.
    Another really good reason to personally go to the polls instead of voting absentee is that you can watch the candidates closely the last few days before the election. As the candidates go deeper into their positions, your decision can become more enlightened that way.

She flashed his CA drivers license to me
    Here's a concern:
    I also wonder how many of those drivers licenses he had in his pocket and how many polling places he went to add another vote. If he's legit of course the city will know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast