From My House Rep, Texas 24, Kenny Marchant.

Thank you for contacting me regarding HR 4321, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act of 2009 (CIR ASAP). It is very important when considering issuest o know the views and concerts of my constituents. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me.

I oppose HR 4321. As you may know, HR 4321 provides the means for twelve million illegal immigrants and their families to achieve permanent residency in the United States. Undocumented immigrants will have to veridy their employment status, undergo a background check, and pay a $500 fee to gain a six year visa. once this is done, they may establish permanent residency at a later date. The bill includes other provisions for amnesty (such as the DREAM Act) and restricts the ability of states to deal with illegal immigration. I do not believe the federal government should offer amnesty to illegal immigrants. America needs to deter, rather than incentivize illegal immigrants. We are already overburdened: paying taxes to support millions of illegal aliens who take advantage of our medical, educational, and social security systems. Amnesty will only motivate more people to enter America through unlawful means, increasing our already heavy economic burdern and depressing wages for millions of hard-working, honest, and legal taxpayers in this country.

I am a proud cosponsor of H RES 1026, authorized by Utah Rep Jason Chaffetz (R). Also known as the BRIDGE Resolution. H RES 1026 emphasizes that the rule of law is necessary to the stability of our nation, and that the law does not allow for illegal entry into the United States. We must prosecute those who break our laws. H RES 1016 also makes the use of E-Verify program mandatory. This allows E-verify employers to validate the legal status of both current and prospective employees. The bill also charges the federal government with securing our borders, and states that amnesty should not be contained in any future immigration reform.

Amnesty will not correct the problems illegal immigration presents. I will continue to work towards securing our border and enforcing our existing immigration laws. Again, thank you for keeping me updated on your concerns,. It is through your insight that I am better able to serve. please do not hesitate to contact my office on this or any other matter that comes before Congress. For more information about my efforts on behalf of the 24th District and to sign up for my e-newsletter, please visit my website at www.marchant.house.gov

* can we take a closer look at him and possibly endorse him?? *