Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My letter to Idaho Legislature!

Just thought I would share this weeks letter I wrote to the Idaho legislature, I am sending to all Republican Representatives, House and Senate... hope to encourge the rest of you to do the same....Next week I plan on sending them the statistics on crime and cost of illegal immigration.

Dear Senator_______,

I am becoming very concerned with illegal immigration laws being passed in other states while Idaho is doing nothing to improve enforcement of illegal immigration....seems our law enforcement officers have their hands tied. Let’s not wait until it is too late. It is coming to Coeur d'Alene and it needs to be stopped NOW...It is up to our Legislature to do something when our Federal Government refuses to protect the citizens of Idaho and this great Nation.

Oklahoma has passed great laws to protect their citizens, No one knows for certain how many undocumented immigrants have left Oklahoma, or where they've gone. But immigration activists suspect some have returned to their countries of origin, while others have moved to neighboring states in search of work—a development that has prompted nearby states to consider their own Oklahoma-style crackdowns.

Stop the domino effect from coming to Idaho.

"The dominoes have been flicked," Terrill said. "The folks in the surrounding states got the message. What was our problem has now become their problem."

More than 1,562 pieces of legislation related to immigration were introduced in the nation's 50 state legislatures last year, and 244 of them became law in 46 states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

But immigration experts say Oklahoma's law goes further than any other. Among other provisions, the law makes it a felony to knowingly "transport, move ... conceal, harbor or shelter" any illegal immigrant; mandates that government agencies verify the legal status of any applicant for public programs; requires many employers to participate in a federal verification system to confirm a job applicant's immigration status; and expands the ability of state and local police to enforce federal immigration laws.

Carol Helm, director of Immigration Reform for Oklahoma Now, says the Oklahoma law was necessary to stop a burgeoning population of illegal immigrants from "multiplying faster than the American citizen race" and overwhelming the state's social services, schools, heath care, hospitals etc.

Please do not ignore this problem any longer, stop it before our schools are overcrowded and our children's quality of education is in Jeopardy, crime rises and our quality of life is destroyed as so many other towns across America.

It is imperative our legislature does not shirk its duty to the people of Idaho.

We are not a sovereign nation if the rule of law is being ignored by people who believe they have the right to live in our country under their own rules and can break our laws with out consequences.

Please consider joining "State Legislatures for Legal Immigration" We need our Legislatures working together in a bipartisan manner for the good of America.

Best Regards,
    XXXXXXX

" Civilization begins with order, grows with liberty , and dies with chaos"....... Will Duran
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Excellent,Sosadforus.We need to keep after all of them.Last month I wrote my state senator,representive,and the leaders of both legislative bodies in my state essentially about the same concerns you mention.I received one reply only,from my state senator which said "Thanks for your concerns,thanks for writing." Can you believe that?This is the kind of representation some of us have.Nothing about the issues I wrote about but "thanks for writing" he said.My representative sat in my living room when running for that office and said,"call or write me any time about your concerns and I promise to get back with you."One month later I'm still waiting to hear from her.

Good for you "ChromeDome" you are so right....if we are going to win this, we must get our state Legislatures to listen to us, we have easier access to them than we do DC and they are closer to the problem here in our states....Keep up the great work!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Way to go, SOSAD!

Why thank you "April' I am a firm believer in the fact that we CAN win with this with the help of our " State Legislatures " we can already see the changes in the states where laws have been passed at the state level.

It also sends a message to DC that the people in those states are fed up....

Please everyone let your state Senators and Representatives hear from you, let them know you are fed up
    !!!

You are more than welcome to use my letter just copy, paste and edit the name of the state and....... send the e-mail!!

That is a great letter. (just one typo I noticed is I believe it is domino effect, rather than affect).

I actually have it on my to do list to write a letter to all the representatives and those running for Governor here in NC this week. I will probably frame it after yours since you did such a great job! Thanks for sharing. I hope you get some good feedback from everyone you send it to!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    That is a great letter. (just one typo I noticed is I believe it is domino effect, rather than affect).

I actually have it on my to do list to write a letter to all the representatives and those running for Governor here in NC this week. I will probably frame it after yours since you did such a great job! Thanks for sharing. I hope you get some good feedback from everyone you send it to!
    Thanks "Lynne' made the correction

I sure hope we can encourge people to get invovled at the state level!! Obama just said he will give amnesty his first year in office....

I just can't believe that is what most Americans want to hear.....It is time to fight with everything we have, we are up against powerful forces.....Mexico, LaRaza. etc.....we need to act now the window is 9 months, we can not afford to lose!!