Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar

My letter from my Senator...

Ok this is the letter I received from one of my Senators Chuck Schumer...

Dear Mr. X

Thank you for contacting me to express your immigration policy concerns. While our culture has a rich tradition of incorporating hard-working immigrants into this country, the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants are living proof that the current system is broken and badly in need of repair.

As a Senator from New York, I take our national security very seriously. I believe secure borders are critical for a secure nation; without them, America is left prey to those who would do her harm. This is why I have supported the construction of a barrier at certain border areas where many aliens cross illegally, as well as tougher penalties for employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers. I have also cosponsored legislation to reduce the delay of the deportation of criminal aliens, as well as legislation to give the Immigration and Naturalization Services the resources they need to handle the responsibilities of border patrol and enforcement.

In this same vein, I voted for cloture to S. 1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. While the bill was by no means perfect, it was a good start toward securing our borders. It would have greatly augmented the size of our Border Patrol, improved technology of border surveillance, and developed a biometric entry-exit system. Unfortunately, the bill failed to reach final debate - leaving us with a broken immigration system and a porous border.

Please rest assured that as Congress moves forward on this important issue, I will continue to support legislation that calls for tougher measures to prohibit illegal immigrants from entering this country and provides strong enforcement against employers who hire undocumented immigrants, even as we seek to establish a rational and fair system of legal immigration.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views about this important issue. If I may be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
    United States Senator

And one from my County Executive Steve Levy.....

Dear Mr. X

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office to express your views regarding illegal immigration. The thoughts and concerns of all constituents are of the utmost importance to me. Your support for the policies of my administration is greatly appreciated. However, please be advised that illegal immigrants are not entitled to social services in Suffolk County.

In your correspondence, you also alleged that you have seen day laborers looking in residents’ mailboxes, possibly to obtain information to create fraudulent identities. Such action would constitute a federal offense. If you have specific knowledge of this activity, you may wish to contact the United State Postal Service, Long Island District Headquarters at 1377 Motor Parkway in Hauppauge. You may also contact the USPS by telephone at 582-7400.

I hope this information is of some use to you. Please feel free to contact my office in the future if I may be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Steve Levy

County Executive

If you contact them enough they will email you back... I also received a generic post card from Hillary Clinton's office but its not worth posting as it was a thank you for interest in your state nonsense... Enjoy my friends!!!

-BorderLegionnaire
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Schumer is a monster. I can't believe that people still vote for that clown.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey
    Schumer is a monster. I can't believe that people still vote for that clown.
    Hillary is worse!!! But both are bad!!!
    -Ron Paul

I forgot that you've got Schumer and Hillary. That's scary.

And then you got Lautenberg down there in NJ.

NJ is almost a sanctuary state too!!! Most cities welcome them in!!!
    -Ron Paul

The short and sweet of the reply from Chucky is...

[size=150]“You have been punk'd!â€

Just out of curiosity, do people actually like Schumer and Hillary up there?

I just find it really hard to believe....

I always get very nice and polite responces by email and snail mail from Corker, Alexander, Gordon, etc. (TN.) but when I wrote to Clinton concerning the now failed amnesty legislation, the responce I got was, basically, since I'm not in her district I'm not worthy of a responce from her.
    I wrote back that I was under the impression she was running for the Presidency of the United States therefore she should consider all states her "unofficial" district and listen to our concerns no matter where we live.

I also sent her a nice big red "A", for amnesty.
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire

NJ is almost a sanctuary state too!!! Most cities welcome them in!!!
    Almost? Over here being anti-illegal is just about illegal.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Just out of curiosity, do people actually like Schumer and Hillary up there?

I just find it really hard to believe....
    Yes there are people that love them!!! Upstate NY is a bit different they are a bit more on the Conservative side but on Long Island and NYC there are a lot of Democrats that love them and want to see Hellary the president!!! People around Suffolk has been mixed for awhile (more Republicans) but with Bush screwing up as much as he did people are moving over the the Democrat side and voting for them too!!!!
    -Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast