Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My letter to Obama-Hillary-McCain

Mr Obama,

I had a small contracting business for over 25 years. I actually paid my emplyees very well, unlike most companies these days. My business was doing about $550K a year back in 1998. I had 3 employee's and we all made a good living. Then in 2000 it all changed. Bush got into office and by 2003 my area had been swamped with 100,000 plus illegal immigrants. As I played basketball every weekend at the local neighborhood park we saw the park swell with the illegals and I got know quite a few of them. I never hired an illegal immigrant and I never intend to because I feel like the rule of law must be obeyed at all times, bottom line. As I got to know several immigrants from Guatamala, Mexico, Honduras, Columibia and other countries we would talk about the situation of illegal immigration. I heard some say they knew it was wrong but they didn't care. I heard some say we're here and what are you going to do about it. I heard some say we are taking over because we have 8 babies and Americans have 1 baby, so in 20 years we will be the ones to deal with. I have heard some talk about America as trash while they love their country that gives them nothing, even though we give those countries aid. I also met many legal immigrants and they didn't really like the illegals because they drove their wages down as well and the legal immigrants came to America the right way, the lawful way.

Anyway, in my area in 2003 most other businesses wouldn't hire the illegals either and then they seemed to have been told by someone to go ahead and hire them, we won't prosecute, they hired them in droves and even more and more came to my area. The illegals I had gotten to know said the ones that had just arrived were working for $3 an hour. Who was paying them this? It was other illegals that had taken the new illegals under their wing while taking advantage of them, they had a lock on the new illegal immigrants coming into the city of Charlotte, NC. When an illegal comes to America, they know no english. Are they going to trust someone speaking their language or theirs? It is just natural to trust someone who speaks your own language isn't it?

So, all this started going on heavily in 2003. Every year after that my business went from selling 70% of all bids to 10% by 2006. We did everything we could do. We lowered the bids to near nothing and still nothing got any better. Every job we saw that was in progress had illegal immigrants by the dozens working on it.

To make a long story short, I was a very small business and I could not compete as a legitimate business with all the insurance and paying taxes and paying employees a good salery with companies hiring the illegals. So after 25 years I closed the business. There is no good ending to this story. I have a family to feed and have exhausted all my savings trying to be a good citizen and obey the rule of law and be a contributing member of society. I tried everything I could to get more business by advertising and joining the chamber of commerce just to see they liked companies hiring illegals. I was a member of the BBB and had a modest ad in the yellow pages. I did get alot of estimates to do but I just couldn't sell the jobs because I couldn't do the work as cheap because I didn't have a cheap illegal labor force. I called every other building contractor to try and get work but when it came to prices they wanted it done for cheap which law abiding businesses can't do. I knew if I could just get some jobs from the builders that after they saw the quality and professionalism they would want me to do more work for them but they basically wanted me to do the first job for free. I've been down that route before and it very seldom pays off. Other times I have had contractors that owed me $10K send a check for $9,500 knowing it wouldn't be worth my time to take them to court on the other $500. Isn't it great how businesses are so ethical now days? I was trying to stay positive hoping the government would put a stop to this massive criminal enterprise going on. I couldn't hire illegals because who knows what the government will do? Will they come back later and fine me? Take my bank account because I made money illegally by hiring illegals? Would they seek the RICO laws and take everything I have saying I ran a criminal enterprise? I could not operate like this and its just not right. So, I had no choice but to go under. I now have a 3 year old son and all our savings have been wiped out because nobody has been held accountable to the rule of law. Who would have thought that an honest person and tax paying member of society would be wiped out because of criminals coming into the country illegally and the employers that hire them just seem to go ignored while the best business people get put out of business. If a business is willing to break the law by hiring the law breakers then would I want to do business with those people? If a business will lie to the government or accept workers that do would I trust them when they say they have insurance or workers comp? No. If they aren't ethical enough to obey the laws then are they going to obey a contract? Are they going to cut corners on a job when people aren't looking over their shoulder? Probably. So, we have set the precident that its ok to be crooked. Its ok to do as you please and ignore the laws of the land. This is what we are teaching our kids. Our kids look at business and see that the laws don't really matter do they? Just as Bill Cinton taught our kids that oral sex is ok, we are teaching a whole generation that cheating, lying and stealing is ok. Just because you don't have something its ok to take someone elses. Its ok to forge documents. Its ok to drink and drive. Its ok to be irrisponsible in society. The kids aren't dumb and they see what goes on. We are teaching the kids that its ok to go on welfare, even if we have to lie to get it. Its ok not to have health insurance, just go to the hospitals and get it free like the illegals do. These are the things we are teaching a whole generation. I grew up during the civil rights movement and some of the parents were the ones who had problems with intergrating the schools, the kids didn't. Most parents didn't have a problem with it but the few that did made a big stink over it and thats the ones that made all white parents look like racist. The illegal immigration problem is not a race issue, it is an issue about the rule of law and if the laws were so crappy why did they ever get passed by the majority of congress? As I see practicly everyone I know making 1978 wages. We are in a real crises here and thats why the immigration debate is getting ugly. It our livelyhoods that are at stake here and we're mad at all the law breakers and the politicians all the way down the line that let it continue to happen like everything is fine. Well, everything isn't fine. Why are people making $15 an hour today when they made $20 an hour in 2000? Why are 4.0 grade average college students graduating and making $12 an hour, while being stuck with massive college loan debts? We have heard all the politicians say they want to give people college and healthcare and home heating oil help and on and on but we don't want handouts and we shouldn't need handouts. We work hard and we want a decent paycheck. Every American worker needs a 40% pay raise to be able to afford to pay their bills and save for a future. I know it sounds like alot but after we pay 50% of what we make in taxes in one form or another, we're broke. The reason people are in massive credit card debt is because pay has not went up and in alot of cases pay is down by as much as 70% compared to 2000. People all over the country has used those credit cards to pay the bills, not buy junk. In every instance where people have a home foreclosed and have a line of credit, that line of credit has been exausted because they had faith that the leaders in this country would do something about the current situation, but the leaders have failed us time and time again. Everytime we feel something is getting better a new wave of illegal immigrants or legal immigrants flow in and any hope of a better paycheck is gone out the back door. Why can't people see that workers are commodities? Why doesn't it make sense to some that when you have 30 workers wanting one job, that job will go to the cheapest worker and the wage just gets bid down to nothing but another low poverty job with no future? Is this how we build America? Seems to me if the workers can't afford anything then we might as well close up about 50% of the businesses because they won't be selling anything. Seems to me if the employers can make 2 to 3 times (after taxes) the money they pay the workers then surely they can pay a decent wage. I am sad for my country. I don't see this hope you speak of, all I see is alot of poor people getting government handouts because the businesses are so greedy they won't pay a respectable wage, and why should they? They have an unlimited supply of cheap workers coming over the border everyday. I guess we could be like rome and other places and have all the people building houses not be able to afford a house. I guess we can have people building cars that can't afford cars. I guess we can have people giving healthcare that can't afford healthcare. America wasn't founded on handouts, it was founded on a hand up for the needy. The needy weren't people that had full time jobs, those people made enough to do what they needed to do and save money. But when a hand up is needed eventually that hand up has to lead to a decent paying job or they will always need a handout. Handouts aren't sustainable in the long run. Even if the NAU comes into effect there will still not be enough money to pay for all the handouts that will be needed in a $15 an hour economy. Even if people do like I did and go back to college and get a degree it won't matter. Just as I did in 2003 when I saw what was coming my way, I went to college and got my degree in graphic design because I like the work and I figured I might need something to fall back on if this situation ever comes where I have to close the doors of my business. Sure enough it is here. And sure enough others in my same situation went to college too. And when you add up the people going back to school with the outsourcing of tech and design jobs the wages for webmasters have fallen from $25 an hour in 2002 to $15 to $18 an hour today. You can make more than that if your at the top of your field but the competetion is very stiff and lets face it, should only the people at the top be paid a good wage? If so, we are in big trouble aren't we?

So, illegal immigration, large amounts of legal immigration and outsourcing has a negetive effect on workers in America. That is why Americans are having a hard time paying their bills. There is one way out of this situation that could make a turn around overnight and that is to give all workers a 40% pay raise. It increases the taxes employers and workers pay which benefits the goverment with a 20% in increased taxes paid which eliminates raising taxes on the American workers and the middleclass while still getting the benefits of doing so. It also gives Americans the ability to pay their bills and eliminates foreclosures and bancruptcies overnight. It puts equity back into the homes because foreclosures are stopped. It saves the banking industry from hundreds of billions of dollars in losses. It raises interest rates back to a normal level and in doing so adds value to the dollar. It makes health insurance more affordable because Americans then have the money to pay the premiums. It also makes healthcare useable because many people have coverage but avoid using it because of the high deductibles, so in essence the policy is only good for dire emergencies. Right now, we can't pay the deductibles. I need alot of dental work done, I have dental insurance but I can't use it because I don't get paid enough to cover the deductibles, so I will let it go until things are at its worst, this is not good insurance. If I can't afford to use the insurance, its useless. Why pay for it? Another thing giving Americans a big pay raise does is it makes credit available for all these businesses that need to make their buildings green. How are businesses going to make their buildings green when there is no capitol available to get the job done due to the credit crunch that is going on right now? How can you get $500 billion to upfit the existing buildings to green when there is a credit crunch? What bank or other enitiy is going to laon these businesses the money to upfit to green if the businesses themselves aren't stable? How are businesses going to be financially stabil if Americans are broke and have no money to spend or pay their bills? Stability is the greatest thing businesses or people can have in their lives and without a decent paycheck and without the rule of law all we are going to continue to see is financial and social chaos and thats the worst thing for any country or people no matter where you are. We know the businesses are never going to volentarily give the raises, they don't have to becuase they can just hire another illegal worker or outasource the job. The fact is, sooner or later the businesses will have to pay because when working America has lost everything and has no money to pay taxes and the tax paying base has been eroded to nothing and the governments bills are piling up real quick there will only be two ways to pay this nations bills. Either the businesses will have to be taxed at a much higher rate or we'll have to start selling off America to foriegn countries which is a soveriegnty issue and should never be done. Either way the businesses are going to have to pay higher rates, they can do it in the form of a pay raise for workers and stop the financial ruin of this country or they can wait until we are ruined and then have to pay. Thats the choices. So, what are we going to do?

As i said, I just closed the doors of my business last week. I just went for an inteview and with my 30 years experience I was offered $17 an hour and I have to pay half of my healthcare which will cost me $1.50 an hour of my pay. I made $12 an hour back in 1982 and my healthcare was totally paid without all these deductibles I now have. Now you tell me that workers wages aren't effected that much by foriegn and illegal workers. Everyone out here in the workforce knows it does. And while I paid $25,000 dollars for my sons birth there were more illegals there in the hospital having kids than were American citizens. The reason I know is because the people at the hospital told me so. I'm still paying for my sons birth three years later while the illegals got the same care and are paying nothing for it. This is why Americans are mad. On other point, if you have been to the projects and places where people struggle then you should know if people are paid a decent wage for their work, they won't need to sell drugs and prostitute to get money to pay the bills, there is no better incentive to get people working than a good paycheck, after all, isn't that why the illegals are here? They're country refused to make businesses be good responsible members of society by making them pay their people a decent wage, so they left but now we are doing the same thing to our people, go figure! All while the businesses rake in the billions. There is more than enough money to go around but when people are greedy beyond a reasonable point, someone has to step in and say, no more! You tell the businesses to pay people a good wage or you don't make anything at all. If a business can't pay its workers enough to pay their bills, live a decent lifestyle and save for a future thus causing those workers to need government handouts then they shouldn't be in business to begin with. And if they can't do it then step aside and let someone that can do it! Its time business stop getting all the breaks while the workers get all the heartache and then the workers are treated like dirt when it is actually them making the businesses the millions. The businesses have gotten so arrogant and they care nothing about people anymore, its all about the profit. Well Americans can have the same attitude as well, the workers want their fair share! Thanks to lack of law enforcement for the rule of law and no border security and employers having free reign to break the laws, good community businesses like mine that paid the workers a good prosperous wage are put out of business. All thats left are the crooks. Ain't America great!

Concerned American,
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Great letter.......nailed all of it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I heard some say we're here and what are you going to do about it.
    I guess he knows now what we are doing about it.

Who thinks a reply will be sent?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No reply as on Saturday, 14 hours later.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

3 days later, no response.

11 days later, no response.

Voting 'no' on Hillary, Obama and McCain: www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE ... geId=59500

There's no one who warrents a trip to the voting booth this time around. I may be sitting this one out since voting for either of the infamous three will net you a continuation of the invasion. I don't vote by party, only by the one who makes the most sense..of which none of these three baffoons do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    There's no one who warrents a trip to the voting booth this time around. I may be sitting this one out since voting for either of the infamous three will net you a continuation of the invasion. I don't vote by party, only by the one who makes the most sense..of which none of these three baffoons do.
    Rockfish, there's no way I'll vote for McHilBama, either. The person who becomes the Constitution Party's presidential candidate, will undoubtedly get my vote.

When you say you may be sitting this one out, even if you choose to not cast a vote for an alternative party candidate, or an independent for president, there are still a lot of good reasons to vote, from who'll be serving on your local school board, to who'll be representing you in Congress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast