Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MY LETTER FROM SENATOR DURBIN: HE's NO BETTER

Dear

Thank you for your message regarding Ms. Elvira Arellano and her
    efforts to seek relief from deportation proceedings through private relief
    legislation. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

A Senator or a Member of Congress may introduce private legislation to
    provide certain named individuals with relief from the immigration laws
    because of special considerations. Each year my office receives a
    considerable number of requests for private immigration relief bills.
    I have introduced private relief bills in the past in cases of medical
    emergencies and other extraordinary situations. For example, in 2005 I
    introduced a private relief bill for the immigrant spouse of an
    American who was killed in Iraq while working with the U.S. Army to train Iraqi security forces.

When a Senator introduces a private immigration relief bill, the
    Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will customarily suspend
    deportation proceedings against an individual named in the bill while DHS reviews the individual's case. If a Congressional session ends before a private relief bill passes Congress and becomes law, an individual named in the private relief bill may again become subject to deportation
    proceedings.

Ms. Arellano was an undocumented immigrant subject to deportation
    proceedings when, in 2003, she requested a private relief bill for
    herself due to a medical emergency regarding her son, an American citizen. I introduced a private relief bill on Ms. Arellano's behalf at that time. When the 108th Congress concluded, this private relief bill expired and Ms. Arellano again became subject to deportation proceedings.

Instead of reporting to immigration authorities for her scheduled
    deportation on August 15, 2006, Ms. Arellano has sought sanctuary
    inside a Humboldt Park church. She has requested that Congressional
    Representatives and Senators introduce another private relief bill on
    her behalf. It is my understanding that her son's medical situation has
    changed and that the special circumstances that warranted her previous
    private relief bill are no longer present. Consequently, I have not
    introduced private immigration relief legislation on behalf of Ms.
    Arellano in the 109th Congress.

Ms. Arellano's case has arisen in the context of a larger debate over
    immigration reform in this country. Our nation faces a host of
    problems as a result of decades of inattention to our immigration policies.

There is plenty of blame to go around for the breakdown of our immigration system, but it is clear that the federal government must act to fix it. I am working in good faith to pursue a balanced and comprehensive package of immigration reforms that will protect American workers and that will be tough, enforceable, economically sensible and morally fair. I will keep your views in mind as I continue to work toward those goals.

Thank you again for your message. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Durbin
    United States Senator

RJD/ds

P.S. If you are ever visiting Washington, please feel free to join
    Senator Obama and me at our weekly constituent coffee. When the Senate is in session, we provide coffee and donuts every Thursday at 8:30 a.m. as we hear what is on the minds of Illinoisans and respond to your questions. We would welcome your participation. Please call my D.C. office for more details.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Durbin

Senators waste too much time on doing things like for special interest. Instead of processing bills they discuss teacher of the year within their district, baseball issues, etc. Congress is wasting taxpayer money and not supporting the best interest of American.

Those poor souls in Illinois. ICE, Durbin, Obama, and el Presidente are such cowards. Arrellano and the church leadership that is giving her "sanctuary" should be arrested. Arrellano should be in Mexico and her son with her.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

as i keep saying, dickie d & obam-bam are as dumb as a box of rocks... but they are very crafty in taking care of their own agendas.

Durbin, obama, gutierrez (little louie), sandoval, jackson jr, rush, daley, blagojevich ... the list goes on and on for IL traitors.

AND guess what, they are all democrats. Every__Single___One.

In IL, the only chance Americans have for fair representation is NOT to vote for any dem (unless you check their voting record) and NOT to vote for any latino or black politician.

This isn't racist at all since every one of the afformentioned politicians is, proven by voting record, to be 100% anti-American and 100% pro-illegal mexican. They are the direct cause for our once American city and suburbs of chicago having turned into an illegal mexican sanctuary. The latino pols even work for mexico, directly (sandoval, guttierez (little louie).

It's a darn shame that ex-dems like myself have had to make the decision to leave every ballot box blank for all of these people. But at least I am not voting for traitors, with durbin being the biggest traitor of all.
    I have even called his office to tell his staff that I think he is a traitor. You may want to do the same in the hope that someday he gets the message.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremex
    Durbin, obama, gutierrez (little louie), sandoval, jackson jr, rush, daley, blagojevich ... the list goes on and on for IL traitors.

AND guess what, they are all democrats. Every__Single___One.

In IL, the only chance Americans have for fair representation is NOT to vote for any dem (unless you check their voting record) and NOT to vote for any latino or black politician.

This isn't racist at all since every one of the afformentioned politicians is, proven by voting record, to be 100% anti-American and 100% pro-illegal mexican. They are the direct cause for our once American city and suburbs of chicago having turned into an illegal mexican sanctuary. The latino pols even work for mexico, directly (sandoval, guttierez (little louie).

It's a darn shame that ex-dems like myself have had to make the decision to leave every ballot box blank for all of these people. But at least I am not voting for traitors, with durbin being the biggest traitor of all.
    I have even called his office to tell his staff that I think he is a traitor. You may want to do the same in the hope that someday he gets the message.

i've also called dickie's & obam bams offices, i always try to be pollit and respectful. but on occasion both offices have been curt and deffinitely cold. i get the feeling they are vary loose on keeping track of voter opinions. these people don't care what the American people want. it would be a disaster for this country if obama was elected pres. illinois is definitely turning into little mexico, crime, dirt and all!

You guys should go have coffee with them at the Capitol. I'm sure they'll be glad to listen to your opinions over a nice, hot cup-o-joe and a glazed donut.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    You guys should go have coffee with them at the Capitol. I'm sure they'll be glad to listen to your opinions over a nice, hot cup-o-joe and a glazed donut.
    I am seriously considering taking him up on his *wink, wink* OFFER, as soon as the weather gets better. I attempted to write a response to his letter and low and behold, the email address has been terminated. The heat in the kitchen must have been a bit much.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment