Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My personal crusade

I have been watching what I buy, and if the package is written in English AND Spanish, I DO NOT purchase it. I then send an email to the company regarding the fact that there are millions more English speaking Americans with purchasing power that are angry with this nonsense, then there are Spanish speaking illegals. I am currently in a give & take with Bissell. I've included a copy of the conversation. Notice the "no answer" answers. And more & more I'm noticing that Spanish is taking precedence above English on the packaging. Maybe if all members start attacking this, we will make a loud statement.

Response (Maribeth) 11/10/2006 6:59 AM

Dear Emerald,

Your comments will be forwarded.

Sincerely,

Maribeth
    BISSELL Consumer Services

Customer (Emerald Jeans) 11/6/2006 2:56 PM

It is not so much about using English, the language of this country, but rather the absence of Spanish. I've checked your web page and the Spanish is still there. Enough is enough with pandering to those who refuse to become Americans, don't you think?

Response (Maribeth) 8/22/2006 8:11 AM

Dear Emerald,

We appreciate your comments regarding the English language useage on our packaging. Your comments will be forwarded to our marketing department for consideration in our future needs. This will also be forwarded to our webmaster.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Sincerely,

Maribeth
    BISSELL Consumer Services

Customer (Emerald Jeans) 8/20/2006 4:13 PM

We bought the Bissell due to one fact, It had no Spanish on the box. How refreshing! Then I go to this website to congratulate you on not cowtowing to people who refuse to learn the language of our country, and there it is!! Espanol in the tool bar. Well, I was going to recommend Bissell to all of my friends, but now I'm not so sure. You see, there are more English speaking Americans who are offended by this then Spanish speaking consumers. Response by email is sufficient.

FromEmail: emeraldjeans@yahoo.com
    Product*: Bissell Power Force
    Address 1:
    Address 2:
    City:
    State:
    Zip:
    Phone Number:

wildwest, welcome to alipac, and thanks for such a good idea, that is something we all can do. I am trying my best not to buy from China either, my own personal vendetta!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I have noticed a trend in all advertising pandering to the spanish speaking population or what I refer to as the invaders.

You see a Mexican in near every commercial, or spanish styled music in the background.
    Am I the only one that while watching a commercial for Wendys new 'Italian' style sandwich sees Italian, but hears spanish music and a spanish accent on the female sing talking?
    I am not paranoid or given to irrational thoughts, but I think thats Wendys pandering to the invaders while trying not to put off the vast majority that want them OUT.

It would be great if you could boycott all of the corporations that are behind these mutts but then you would be living in the woods eating bark.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Thank you for your warm welcome! I also try very hard not to purchase products made in China. I can remember a time when going into a walmart, all you could see were posters and banners proudly proclaiming "Made in the USA!! Not anymore! Good ol' Sam is surely spinning in his grave. This makes shopping quite a task, since where I live, walmart is about THE only store. But it's the least I can do to support American made products AND rebel against this nonsense being crammed down our throats. It just drives me nuts that people do not see what is coming if they don't get off their colletive butts and do their own part in protesting this.

Wildwest, I sent an angry e-mail to the NRA when they started marketing in Spanish. I told them that illegal gang-bangers would erode our 2nd ammendment rights. They essentially told me to get over it. I didn't renew my membership.

I am having it outb with Macys and told them I would let all my friends and coworkers know that I was discriminated against by Hispanic sales people. I told them I would email all my coworkers and my friends would do the same. I went to the one store and the Hispanic woman would not ask me if I needed assistance and when I went to another section in ladies wear she tried to hide from me. The African American woman in the next section asked me if I needed help and told me to wait until Friday or Saturday when there would be a discount. I went around the corner and there were 3 Hispanic women speaking loudly in Spanish. Then I walked into another section and once again an pleasant African American woman asked me if I needed assistance. I sent Macys an email and they replied the next day telling me that they had notified the store and that the store would get in touch with me and they have not. I since have emailed Macys back and told them I have not heard from them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have also written to various places about the Spanish language and was told it was a "global" world now and basicly to just get used to it. I won't buy them anymore either. Makes shopping cheaper when you cancel out China and Spanish and companies known for hiring illegals!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was looking at humidifiers at Home Depot. They had ALL the boxes turned so that only the Spanish language side was visible. To read English, it was necessary to remove the heavy box and turn it. I didn't buy one.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

The Dollar General Store I go to was soliciting contributions at checkout for their "literacy fund." I watched as poor Americans chipped in their change. I researched it on the Web and found that they were donating that literacy fund money to outfits in TN like the Catholic Church to aid Hispanics. Next time they asked I explained what was being done with the money, and that I thought it a shame to fund Hispanic's in direct competition with poor Americans. I also wrote Dollar General. I didn't see the plastic collection boxes and wasn't solicited this trip. Would like to know if it was just my store here or the company that reconsidered this program
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also Mexican PRODUCTS!

I bought some of those candy corns (Brachs!) and they were MADE IN MEXICO! I threw them away. They clearly don't incorporate the same sanitation standards we do! Be careful!!!

I've noticed that customer service is not what it used to be all across the board. Those days of "The customer is always right" are gone. I wish you luck in the Macy's incident. I would have been livid, and kn owing me, I probably would have caused a scene on-site. Management would definitely been aware right away.

[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast