Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Comcast is terrible as not only do they force over a dozen Hispanic channels on us but they also hire Hispanic subcontractors that barely speak English. They were in my district cutting through peoples backyards at night trying to collect money from people who they believed owned money on their cable bills. Several people in the neighborhood called the police as there had been a high incidence of burglaries in the area. When officers arrived and found them they were actually knocking on a persons home at 9:30 at night. A home that had a Directv dish. We couldn't help but laugh at their stupidity. They had to be told more than once that cutting through people's backyards at night could get them killed. The men barely spoke English so the message had to be repeated and said very slowly so they would understand. We were busy and could not be bothered by getting a Spanish speaking officer as they never asked for one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This morning we were watching tv before we all took off for the day. There was a commercial for a very cute doll -Chou Chou? At the very end of the commercial they showed the back close up of the doll -it had a button for off/english/spanish.

So even our toys are becoming bilingual.

Talking CHOU CHOU is a lovable chatterbox. She speaks English and Spanish, and interacts with her bib, bottle and a little bear friend. She also says cute toddler phrases such as "Mommy, I'm thirsty," and "Hello little bear," and "Mommy, I love you!" when you stroke her cheek. This 19" interactive doll comes dressed in a romper with a hat. Includes a bear, bottle and bib.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi WeePebbles and goamerica,

I've worked at a Macy's in upstate NY for 7 years now.

So, where are the American sales associates?

Well, when I first was hired, starting salary was $8.00/hour. Several years ago, it was dropped to the NYS minimum at $6.75. I work entirely on commission, so the drop in the beginning salary didn't affect me, but over time, I could see a definite shift in the type of people willing to take jobs at Macy's. Definitely more foreign-born people and many who cannot read English, which is a problem when stock needs to be arranged by grouping.

Personally, I've seen no instances where our store hires illegals. . .usually it's the spouses of people here on student or work visas. But yes, the flavor of the associates has changed.

As an insider's tip. . .send your complaints to the www.macys.com website. Then, go into "Customer Service" and post your comments. Make your comments specific to a particular department (Juniors, Better Sportswear, Ladies Shoes. . .) and I ASSURE you that the negative comments will be sent to the Dept. Manager. If you can catch a name on a badge and say in what dept. the person works, that would be excellent.

Don't burn your Macy's card yet! Federated is still reeling over taking over taking over Mayco (Philenes, Marshall Fields, etc.) stores.

At least this one is bilingual which isn't as bad as those Hispanic grandma and grandpa dolls that sing songs in Spanish only.

You think the Dora and Diego cartoons/merchandise are as innocent as they seem? I knew from the start it was to get our kids to get used to speaking Spanish.

What can you buy?

That is the problem. What can you buy nowadays that is made in the US? I just moved to a town where 99% of the population speaks English, and outside I can hear a handful of illegals working on the house next door. Ironic isn't it? Where are all the politicians who think they are only doing jobs Americans don't want to do?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123