Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Protest At WABC Radio In NYC

Yesterday afternoon I began my protest at WABC Radio in NYC. Mostly positive comments from passing pedestrians noting that in this protest as well as past ones it was Black Americans that showed the most concern. Most other folks read the signs and quietly moved on except one guy who seemed genuinely disturbed by my presence and keep asking me what the signs meant. Then moved on back to the building glaring at me.

And then there was..an event so bizarre than even as I write this still cannot comprehend the details. As I was leaving I walked towards the building to inform security that I would be having regular protests there. But instead moved to my left to give the information to two Guardian Angels that were standing in front of me half way to the building. Upon saying hello, my greeting was meet with something that does not deserve to be dignified with an explanation.

I then asked them if they could send a message to Curtis Sliwa that I would be having regular protests of the afternoon hosts. The giggling duo responded by asking the "What Protest" after watching me 15 minutes prior standing with the sign in clear view.

It appears that yet another American Icon has sold out. How sad. The betrayal is most disconcerting. Perhpaps I should not judge an entire organization well known for their noble gestures over the years. One thing I've learned doing over 50 protests over the past year and a half is one can never predict with certainty of one's loyalty or betrayal.

Now I understand why only a small fraction of Americans participated in the American Revolution.

I fear for America.

Keith

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny", Aeschylus (525BC-456BC),
    Agamemnon
    _____

"I wear no Burka." - Mother Nature

April
    ModerateMammal wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I began my protest at WABC Radio in NYC. Mostly positive comments from passing pedestrians noting that in this protest as well as past ones it was Black Americans that showed the most concern

Hi Mammal!
    From what you said it sounds like you got more positive than negative reaction to your protest.That is good. I am sorry about your interaction with the guardian angels, but you are right you can never predict peoples reactions. Hang in there, it takes a very brave and dedicated person to do what you are doing!

ModerateMammal,

I congratulate you and admire your courage on getting out there by yourself. It takes guts to make a one man protest. Don't get discouraged by negative reactions. Stand your ground! In fact,
    get in touch with other people who feel the same way you and ask them to join with you. Power comes with large numbers, while they may
    ignore you by yourself, they cannot ignore a large group of people
    protesting.

It wouldn't matter if Bush saw your sign, he can't read English.

I was trying to find a vid of that scene in the movie where the guy was protesting - the "not economically viable" guy. Can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debby
    ModerateMammal,

I congratulate you and admire your courage on getting out there by yourself. It takes guts to make a one man protest. Don't get discouraged by negative reactions. Stand your ground! In fact,
    get in touch with other people who feel the same way you and ask them to join with you. Power comes with large numbers, while they may
    ignore you by yourself, they cannot ignore a large group of people
    protesting.
    Finding others is difficult as they would rather sit home and hope someone else does the job. Anyone that wishes to join me are most welcome.

Keith
    "Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny", Aeschylus (525BC-456BC),
    Agamemnon
    _____

"I wear no Burka." - Mother Nature

Congratualtions and thank you ModerateMammel. That took courage and determination!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Congratualtions and thank you ModerateMammel. That took courage and determination!
    Ditto! Bless you!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)