You all know my husband is a Guard and is on the border. Sent there without weapons, even though he told me before he left, that he wished they could take weapons.

The Border Patrol said they were on nanny patrol, which when Mexicans started to throw rocks at my husband's group while they were working, the patrol did make them leave for a while.

The thing is, he was called away for a year after 9/11, to stand guard at a chemical plant, with guns and ordered to shoot if someone tried to enter without proper papers, even if helicopters hovered overhead without letting anyone know, who was in the helicopter.

The National Guardsmen can and do, stand guard with arms, they are trained to do so, and if this situation on the border, makes some people think the guardsmen are a joke......I know anyone here on this board doesn't think this way, but some people might....and it's just not so!

He is proud of what he does for his Country and I am proud of him. Everytime he is called out, he misses adding to his 401k at work, misses out on raises at work, and we miss each other....so he does this for the Country, at many sacrifices for us.

Please, if you hear anyone say the Guards are being guarded by a nanny patrol at the border, please tell them the Guards are trained to stand guard, it was our government that wouldn't let them do what they are trained for, even though my husband's group is in construction, they are still trained for many things.

Thanks for letting me vent.