Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My visit to Elizabeth Dole's office today

I drove an hour and a half today to Henderson, NC, to speak with someone at Sen. Dole's office about her immigration report card. I was told her grade, D+, was not a fair grade because alot of the issues never came before her in the senate, therefore she got a "no action" grade. The man I spoke with was very polite and in fact, used to be a resident of the same town I live in. I was the only one there for awhile, then people started pouring in! These people are regular visitors here at ALIPAC but are not posters. I encouraged them to start posting. There were 4 ladies and one man, all there for the same reason. Here's what the man in Dole's office told me and he printed me a copy of her position on the issue:
    Sen. Elizabeth Dole, R-NC, opposes the committee approved bill because she thinks it amounts to amnesty for those who entered our country illegally. Dole said she would back a temporary guestworker program as long as the foreign workers had to eventually return to their countries to reapply for legal re-entry. The unsecure borders are totally unacceptable and top priority must be given to secure those borders, by increasing the number of BP agents, making better use of technology, and having adequate facilities to detain those caught entering our country illegally. I asked this man to look at the www.wehategringos site and make sure Mrs. Dole saw it, too. I also let him know that we are going to make sure that we vote ONLY for those who stand by the average American citizen on this issue and anyone who chooses to go with big business and push amnesty will be looking for a job after the next elections
    I want to say to those people I met today, there in beautiful Hendersonville, Thank you! Thank you for standing up for this country and thank you for being true Americans! I thoroughly enjoyed your company. Quit being shy and jump in here and post! We are glad to have you here at ALIPAC!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Glad you made it to Hendersonville Rebellady1964.

Couldn't make it to Senator's office, but visited Representative Patrick McHenry's office - He is standing as 'NO' to the "guest-worker" legislation and says NO to amnesty in any form.

Called Dole's Hendersonville Office to keep chiseling on her and asked if there were Americans that showed up there today.

Let know you guys know that I got a hold of the Winston-Salem Journal on Sunday and they had big write up on the issue. Well in there, are quotes from the NC Farm Bureau Association who has been pressuring Dole hard. Claiming that the industry would lose some $6.5 billion in production if HR4437 were to become law with out a "guest-worker" program. Larry Wooten is the Association president.

This is the same group that Dole coddled to on CAFTA - there is some connection there and I brought the Farm Bureau up in discussion with her office.

Baloney -- these employers are profiting at the expense of Americans and the U.S. and are the ones committing the illegal act. Too Bad---they are the ones who are going to have to accept change and lose some of there bloated bottom line that they have gotten fatly used to.

The NC Tree Farmer's Association was also in the article claiming , "they can't survive without seasonal influx of foreign workers" ---went on to talk about the legal avenue - the H2A program and they cried that it was too expensive..... some of these ramshackle companies need to go "bellyup anyway

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A word of thought on our side's message ---

I sense we need to be promoting HR 4437 more than just saying NO to the McCain/Kennedy/Specter traitor "guest-worker" bill. I think illegal Aliens give little hoot whether they receive an amnesty or not --- it is really just a label because they are doing just fine anyway illegally working and getting benefits.

What illegal Aliens are really protesting is any Enforcement at all, because they know that this is what will end there agenda of illegal foreign intrusion of U.S. Soil.

The Senators should hear that the whole POINT of this entire exercise on Immigration Reform is to end (terminate) illegal immigration and illegal Border entry for the United States well-being ----NOT--- to be catering to the demands and desires of illegal Aliens or a foreign government.

Illegal Aliens should be made to return home...Yes, LEAVE. Too Bad. Leaving is just as easy as it is for them to come and go (and run all over U.S. States doing things in each different State as it is ). This is the real crux amnesty issue of the "guest-worker" junk bill. This issue is black and white with no in-between which is how the Senators are trying to 'finagle' out. Illegal Aliens physically leave or they don't.

Just like a child that is screaming for a toy in a store.....the illegal Aliens need to be told NO and that is final... they will have to leave...
    How many previous times have we given them the toy (amnesty) and look at the worse problem now.

HR 4437 - The Enforcement is legitimate, reasonable, common sense. The Enforcements have to carry a severity that establishes a base of clarity for deterrence. So, yes, lllegal entry should be felony. Some claim (Durbin, Clinton & others) that these enforcements are too drastic or inhumane. Not So. The enforcement has to be of firmness that is stiff and again sets in the mind of a would-be illegal Alien the punishment. Again, THIS IS FOR U.S. interests to terminate illegal Border entry.

Along with the illegal employers that need harsh crackdown. Having illegal Aliens leave is NOT a mass round-up deportation as Senator Durbin wants to claim as being impossible to do. Baloney, these illegal ALiens can walk right back out, and the Enforcement can be done --- Why Not try the enforcement because we have never actually tried it yet.

It is important that we get ALL of the provisions of HR4437 passed. Including the Border wall. Hey, they have tunnels so by all means the U.S. should have a wall.

"My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"
    I like your tag line, I feel the same way. Everytime I hear the country song "Letters from Home" I get re-engergized.

North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia had some great heroe's of the revolution. In part, we owe our freedom to the Game Cock, the Swamp Fox and the Fighting Elder and all the men that served with them. I just read about General Robert Anderson and Ann Thompson the other day -- I loved it.

General Robert Anderson
    One of the more interesting persons buried in the cemetary is Robert Anderson. General Anderson, a life long friend of General Pickens, served in the Revolutionary War, distinguishing himself in the Battle of Cowpens near present day Spartanburg. He volunteered for service and began as a sergeant in the Fifth S.C. Regiment. Anderson's personal life was just as interesting as his military. He was married three times. His first wife was Ann Thompson of Virginia. In his early career, [b}Anderson was a surveyor and he was seperated from her for over two years. During that time, she, assuming that he had died, agreed to marry another man. When Anderson was finished with his work, he was returning home, when word reached him of Ann's impending marriage Anderson raced his horse to the church. While she was dressing, Ann looked out of the window and saw Anderson riding up. Saying to her maids, "Yonder comes Robert Anderson and I love his little finger more than I love the other man's whole body," she ran down the church stairs, climbed onto his horse and the two rode off to be married. [/b] They wed on November 4, 1765. Ann was the mother of his children. Many of his desendents were present at the dedication, including two of his direct great-great-great granddaughters. The plaque reads: "Robert Anderson (1741-1813): A distinguished soldier of the American Revolution, was a Captain in the Ninety-six Dist. of S.C. Militia 1775-1778 and in the upper Ninety-six S.C. Militia -- 1779-1781; promoted to rank of Colonel for valiant service at the battle of Cowpens Jan. 1781; chosen Brig. General of state militia just after close of war; County and City of Anderson named in his honor." Despite his great influence on the Upstate's history, there are no surviving images of General Robert Anderson.
    http://www.cityofclemson.org/?CONTEXT=a ... 4225851908
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

RebelLady, I am tickled pink to hear the news that you -- and others -- went to Dole's office.

I am puzzled though. If she believes that, why doesn't she ever say it? Why does she sit around and pretend none of this is happening?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From a March 29 press release:

“I oppose any proposal that provides amnesty to those who have broken our laws and entered this nation illegally. I do recognize, however, that temporary foreign labor plays an important role in the agriculture, construction, and service industries in North Carolina and throughout the country. I would support legislation that secures our borders to stop future illegal immigration and then create temporary worker permits, where people can apply to work in this country for a limited period of time, as long as they pay taxes and obey the law. After a time, the workers would have to return to their home country to reapply for legal admission.”
    Is she saying people already in the country illegally can apply for a work permit? Are they really going to go home after 3-6 years to reapply? Haha.

BTW, Liddy finally added border security/immigration to her "hot topics" for emails.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really stressed the fact that construction jobs were NOT one of "those jobs Americans won't do" and told the man there that my brother's small construction company is suffering because of the larger companies hiring illegals. I also made a point to state the fact that the company I worked for did NOT even try to hide the fact that there were illegals working there because they knew there would be NO fines or penalties imposed on them, there is no enforcement at all! I told him that illegal invasion IS the #1 ISSUE with voters and people I know, who have never voted in their lives, are registering to vote just so they can vote the traitors OUT OF OFFICE! I also told him that if we would put prisoners out in the fields to harvest those crops, we would not need ANY migrant workers, period. I told him that Americans are FURIOUS over this invasion and FURIOUS that our elected officals are ignoring us and siding with big business and we are going to see to it that our voices are heard!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    I like your tag line, I feel the same way. Everytime I hear the country song "Letters from Home" I get re-engergized.

North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia had some great heroe's of the revolution. In part, we owe our freedom to the Game Cock, the Swamp Fox and the Fighting Elder and all the men that served with them. I just read about General Robert Anderson and Ann Thompson the other day -- I loved it.

[quote:2ff4l8q7]General Robert Anderson
    One of the more interesting persons buried in the cemetary is Robert Anderson. General Anderson, a life long friend of General Pickens, served in the Revolutionary War, distinguishing himself in the Battle of Cowpens near present day Spartanburg. He volunteered for service and began as a sergeant in the Fifth S.C. Regiment. Anderson's personal life was just as interesting as his military. He was married three times. His first wife was Ann Thompson of Virginia. In his early career, [b}Anderson was a surveyor and he was seperated from her for over two years. During that time, she, assuming that he had died, agreed to marry another man. When Anderson was finished with his work, he was returning home, when word reached him of Ann's impending marriage Anderson raced his horse to the church. While she was dressing, Ann looked out of the window and saw Anderson riding up. Saying to her maids, "Yonder comes Robert Anderson and I love his little finger more than I love the other man's whole body," she ran down the church stairs, climbed onto his horse and the two rode off to be married. [/b] They wed on November 4, 1765. Ann was the mother of his children. Many of his desendents were present at the dedication, including two of his direct great-great-great granddaughters. The plaque reads: "Robert Anderson (1741-1813): A distinguished soldier of the American Revolution, was a Captain in the Ninety-six Dist. of S.C. Militia 1775-1778 and in the upper Ninety-six S.C. Militia -- 1779-1781; promoted to rank of Colonel for valiant service at the battle of Cowpens Jan. 1781; chosen Brig. General of state militia just after close of war; County and City of Anderson named in his honor." Despite his great influence on the Upstate's history, there are no surviving images of General Robert Anderson.
    http://www.cityofclemson.org/?CONTEXT=a ... 4225851908[/quote:2ff4l8q7]

Mamie, I am a direct descendant of General Nathanael Greene, Revolutionary War Hero, and I am VERY PROUD of that! I had GGGrandfathers who served on both sides during the Civil War and gave their lives in battle. My avatar is a pic of my GGGrandfather Jesse Storey who served in the Tenn. 13th Calvary. I AM AN AMERICAN, BORN AND BRED!!!!!!!!

I think that its fantastic that the link you provided was given to her office so that they can see first hand what the illegals really think and feel about our country. It may be that all of these cheezie pro-illegal attitudes have to be observed by our politicians before their eyes will open. Great post and great hard work, rebellady1964!!

BTW, at 10:04 pm on 04/03/06, I clicked on your link to wehategringos.com and the page could not be displayed. Wonder if the site has been taked off, or maybe your visit had something to do with that, nevertheless, we may have them scattering now!!

IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT NOW!! HE IS A TRAITOR

Thanks, Rockfish! Thanks Ya'll!

Did you read about what I said about the link you provided?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast