Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Vote is My Only Weapon

Just a little rant that is just my opinion.

I have heard Republican strategists say that Republicans who are upset with the Republican leadership for giving amnesty to illegals will stay away from the polls. Republican strategists must live in gated communities inside the beltway. But, I think, with some work, it will bring angry people to the polls.
    Many of us are outraged at the blatant disregard for the American people demonstrated by our Senate. My only hope is the House. I would be very interested to know the personal worth of Senators before their first term and their worth now. Big business buys politicians and , in my opinion, some politicians like Salazar (mine from Colorado) and Martinez are displaying racist favoritism because the illegals are Latin America and Mexico.
    I don't want the Republican party to count me as a "vote". I want the Republican Party to know they have lost my support. I also want the Democrats to get the same jolt. they are all guilty.
    Every state has different voting laws (illegals will vote because they don't acknowledge our laws). In Colorado I can change my status to non-affiliated, but still vote in primaries by declaring a party at the voting place. I can then change my affiliation back to non-affiliated at the voting place that day and be non-affiliated for the November elections. It takes some effort on my part, but I feel it is worth it.
    The only weapon I have is my vote. I have one shot and I want to make it count. I am ashamed for the Senators that sell out our country and I despise them for it. I guess Kennedy didn't get that little message that nature gave him.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Republican leadership for giving amnesty to illegals will stay away from the polls. Republican strategists must live in gated communities inside the beltway. But, I think, with some work, it will bring angry people to the polls.
    The only thing that worries me about people staying away from the polls. Are the illegals voting in place of those who chose to stay away. My hope is people are fed up and angry enough to not let this happen.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

The Republican strategists are wrong. If this becomes law, I'll crawl to the polls in November with revenge in my heart. I'll vote against one senator and my rep regardless of their votes. Bush, Mehlman and friends must be taught a lesson. Hopefully the Dems will impeach him.
    If I was in the House as a Republican rep, heck, I'd introduce articles of impeachment. That would get their attention!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Newmexican, you have at least three weapons. They are your vote, your wallet and your ability to report those that employ illegal immigrants.

Boycott the businesses that are engaged in practices that offend you. Money is the root of all evil, and this issue is no exception. Cut the root and the weed will die.

Report (if you have solid proof) the businesses that employ illegals.

Hang in there Newmexican, this problem has been 20 years in the making and will not be solved in a short period of time.

We must NOT stay away from the poles!

the VOTE is our Constitutional duty. Vote which ever way you chose, even a write-in is a step above staying home.

ps: In NJ, darn it, we can only vote in primaries if we're declared. No leway for us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You vote this time may be the most important vote ever cast in this country. It could decide if we have a country or not.

Personally, I am just voting out anyone now in office - except Tancredo. They have all had their chance to do something. This last minute charades isn't impressing me.

Whatever happens, we will have either a Democratic or republican majority - we can't change that this election. Wouldn't you rather it was a majority of new people? I would.

Also, there is your wallet. Use it wisely. We really, really need to get focused on this one. We can make a difference dong this - amnesty or not.

These people will still want and need jobs. If we withhold our monies from their employers, we can still send them home.

Please, everyone help get behind this.

If we go off in different directions, it won't do a lot of good. We could all boycott a thousand different businesses - and it will make little difference. If we all focus on one - it will make a difference.

This is something we can continue to do no matter what the miscreants in Washington choose to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just a suggestion:

looking at each and every one of their voting records is probably the best way to go, imho. There are a few who actually are trying to do the right thing. Those folks I'd prefer to save and really prove the lesson to the traitors.........WE ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU DO! Can't hide anymore, cowards.
    LOL

I think it remains to be seen if any of them are really trying to do the right thing or if this is a carefully choreographed farce for our benefit.

We won't know until it is too late, I fear.

Personally, I think if any of these people were trying to do the right thing - they would have begun a long time ago. This isn't a new thing. It isn't a recent thing. It isn't something they just recently heard about.

The American people by a majority have wanted something done for a very long time- and these people have allowed it to continue to grow until it is an unwieldy mess.

I am excluding Tancredo -

Banned
    Folks, let's not forget that there are TWO parties at fault here. It is currently the Democrats that are tabling all the important amendments to the immigration legislation and the Republicans (though not quite enough of them) fighting an uphill battle to see to it that this legislation is not all bad. The essential Ensign and Isakson amendments have both been blocked out by the large majority of Democrats and a few Republican scalawags.

Use your brains and vote FOR those who are trying to get something positive done and AGAINST those who are thwarting all attempts to get immigration under control and send the illegals home. This is no time for partisan politics or knee-jerk reactions.

Reading some of the posts on this site, I sometimes wonder if there aren't a number of fifth-columnists here trying to confuse the issue. There is NO doubt that this place is crawling with partisans who seem to care more about partisan politics than positive change and how to realistically achieve it.

If I sound partisan - believe me - I am not.

My party is None of the Above Party.

Even thinking in terms of one party or the other is suicidal - just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast