Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mystery disease hits South Texas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OUTBREAK!
    Mystery disease hits South Texas
    Bizarre symptoms: Black, tarry beads of sweat, lesions, fibers popping out of skin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: May 13, 2006
    2:05 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

To the concern of medical professionals already preparing for a potential bird flu pandemic, a mysterious disease first documented 300 years ago is spreading throughout South Texas.

Morgellons disease has not been known to kill and it doesn't appear to be contagious – it's the disease's horrible symptoms that worry doctors.

"These people will have like beads of sweat but it's black, black and tarry," Ginger Savely, a nurse practioner in Austin who has treated a majority of Morgellons patients, told the San Antonio Express-News.

Patients infected with the disease get lesions that never heal.

"Sometimes little black specks come out of the lesions and sometimes little fibers," said Stephanie Bailey, a Morgellons patient.

It's those different-colored fibers that pop out of the skin that may be the most bizarre symptom of the disease.

Travis Wilson, a Morgellons sufferer for over a year, once called his mother in to see a fiber coming out of a lesion in his chest.

"It looked like a piece of spaghetti was sticking out about a quarter to an eighth of an inch long and it was sticking out of his chest," Lisa Wilson said. "I tried to pull it as hard as I could out and I could not pull it out.

"He'd have attacks and fibers would come out of his hands and fingers, white, black and sometimes red. Very, very painful," said Wilson.

More than 100 cases of the disease have been reported in South Texas.

"It really has the makings of a horror movie in every way," Savely said.

To make matters worse for sufferers, some doctors dismiss the disease as a delusion because the symptoms patients experience are so bizarre.

"Believe me," said Savely, "if I just randomly saw one of these patients in my office, I would think they were crazy too. But after you've heard the story of over 100 (patients) and they're all — down to the most minute detail — saying the exact same thing, that becomes quite impressive."

The outbreak's proximity to the Texas-Mexico border comes at a time when the issues of illegal immigration, border security and possible amnesty for over 12 million illegal aliens are being debated in the U.S.

The Wilson's spent $14,000 last year after insurance coverage on medical treatment for the disease, primarily on antibiotics.

"He was on Tamadone for pain. Viltricide, this was an anti-parasitic. This was to try and protect his skin because of all the lesions and stuff," said Wilson.

Travis, 23, complained of feeling like bugs were crawling all over him. "You can't sleep. It's freaky. So he'd go days without sleep," she said.

Austin resident Stephanie Bailey, who developed the lesions over four years ago, said she felt the same crawling sensation that Travis Wilson had felt. "The lesions come up, and then these fuzzy things like spores come out," she said. "You just want to get it out of you."

She, to this day, has no idea what could have caused her disease, and nothing has worked to rid her of it.

"They (doctors) told me I was just doing this to myself, that I was nuts. So basically I stopped going to doctors because I was afraid they were going to lock me up," Bailey said.

Pathologists have not been able to find any infection in the fibers pulled from lesions.

"Clearly something is physically happening here," said Dr. Randy Wymore, a researcher at the Morgellons Research Foundation at Oklahoma State University's Center for Health Sciences. "These fibers don't look like common environmental fibers."

Currently the only treatment that has shown success is an antibiotic. More than half of Morgellons patients have also been diagnosed with Lymes disease, but no other connections have been found.

"It sounds a little like a parasite, like a fungal infection, like a bacterial infection, but it never quite fits all the criteria of any known pathogen," said Savely, who continues to treat the disease others say isn't real.

Wilson says her son suffered to such a point she was sure he was suicidal.

"I knew he was going to kill himself, and there was nothing I could do to stop him," she said.

Travis Wilson committed suicide two weeks ago.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50195
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

MORGELLONS Disease

Wow, never heard of this. Here's only one site. I tried to copy but the pictures won't paste. It's worth going to the site.

http://www.morgellons.org/morgmap.html

Morgellons in the U.S.
    The map below shows the growth in reports of Morgellons Disease in the U.S.

Cases of this disease have been reported to this foundation by people living in all fifty states in the U.S.

The majority of individuals reporting symptoms of Morgellons Disease reside in California, Texas, and Florida.

Distinct geographic "cluster" areas of this disease have been noted near Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose and San Diego in California - as well as near Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Round Rock in Texas.

Note: Although California represents 12% of the US population, 26% of all who have registered with the Morgellons Research Foundation reside in California.

© 2006 Morgellons Research Foundation | Design by Andreas Viklund
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

OMG....wonder where in the world this is coming from...it says this disease hasn't been heard from in 300 years...I wonder where it occured last??

MJ

Morgellon's

Don't know. Will try to research a bit, but the little I've read so far....?????????

Did you go to the site? Has pictures, microscopic pics also. These folk are not imagining this!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Morgellon's

Ok, Nope, it's all over the world. They are working on DNA sequencing to try to figure out exactly what it is.

Boy, do I feel sorry for the folk who have this, they must feel like they are going crazy! And since this is still so unrecognized, they are being treated like that too often.

Does anyone read the Bible. About the sores?
    TIME'S UP!

Does anyone read the Bible. About the sores?

MJ

sores

Here you go!

http://bibleresources.bible.com/passage ... ersion1=51

Passage Revelation 16 :

Revelation 16
    1 Then I heard a mighty voice shouting from the Temple to the seven angels, "Now go your ways and empty out the seven bowls of God's wrath on the earth."
    2So the first angel left the Temple and poured out his bowl over the earth, and horrible, malignant sores broke out on everyone who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his statue.

3Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became like the blood of a corpse. And everything in the sea died.

4Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs, and they became blood. 5And I heard the angel who had authority over all water saying, "You are just in sending this judgment, O Holy One, who is and who always was. 6For your holy people and your prophets have been killed, and their blood was poured out on the earth. So you have given their murderers blood to drink. It is their just reward." 7And I heard a voice from the altar saying, "Yes, Lord God Almighty, your punishments are true and just."

8Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, causing it to scorch everyone with its fire. 9Everyone was burned by this blast of heat, and they cursed the name of God, who sent all of these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.

10Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. And his subjects ground their teeth in anguish, 11and they cursed the God of heaven for their pains and sores. But they refused to repent of all their evil deeds.

12Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great Euphrates River, and it dried up so that the kings from the east could march their armies westward without hindrance. 13And I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs leap from the mouth of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. 14These miracle-working demons caused all the rulers of the world to gather for battle against the Lord on that great judgment day of God Almighty.

15"Take note: I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are watching for me, who keep their robes ready so they will not need to walk naked and ashamed."
    16And they gathered all the rulers and their armies to a place called Armageddon in Hebrew.

17Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air. And a mighty shout came from the throne of the Temple in heaven, saying, "It is finished!" 18Then the thunder crashed and rolled, and lightning flashed. And there was an earthquake greater than ever before in human history. 19The great city of Babylon split into three pieces, and cities around the world fell into heaps of rubble. And so God remembered all of Babylon's sins, and he made her drink the cup that was filled with the wine of his fierce wrath. 20And every island disappeared, and all the mountains were leveled. 21There was a terrible hailstorm, and hailstones weighing seventy-five pounds[a] fell from the sky onto the people below. They cursed God because of the hailstorm, which was a very terrible plague.
    TIME'S UP!

some of these people need to go before Congress
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Congress

You betcha. Freak 'em out a bit.

What concerns me is that the public is always being told to 'ask your doctor'. They are led to believe that docs can cure anything. WRONG.

So I hope, the infor re Avian Flu, has gotten across to folks, that everyone will be on their own. There really is no immediate fix IF it goes pandemic. And with the U.N.'s Agenda 21, terrorists who are probably being smuggled in with other illegal aliens, and who might carry disease...see the link on this site re bio-terrorism...

This is such a national security issue.
    TIME'S UP!

Here are some of the pictures.

The majority of individuals reporting symptoms of Morgellons Disease reside in California, Texas, and Florida.

Distinct geographic "cluster" areas of this disease have been noted near Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose and San Diego in California - as well as near Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Round Rock in Texas.

Note: Although California represents 12% of the US population, 26% of all who have registered with the Morgellons Research Foundation reside in California.

On the left, the lip of 3 year old boy at 10X magnification.
    On the right, object from same lip at 60X.

The cause of Morgellons Disease is currently a medical mystery.

http://www.morgellons.org/

I was researching this the other day, here is another website.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast