Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NAFTA & CAFTA - Parts of the Problem

a good article on NAFTA's Flaws:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/ ... fta06.html

I can't find it but I read somewhere that NAFTA only applies to certain provinces in Mexico and leaves out the poorest but forces all Canadian provinces and US States to obey it. In it's first decade the bill caused a jump from a $9 billion deficit to a $87 billion deficit (1993-2002).

As I see it, if the restrictions to parts of Mexico is true, we are importing more goods from Mexico and importing cheap labor from the parts left out. This is having an major adverse effect on our economy and our job market. Thanks Mexico and the Clinton family.. you totally rock.

*I am not against a more economically stable mexico or having good relations with the country. In point of fact I stayed in Nueva Rosita (apprx. 80 miles south of Eagle Pass, TX) when I was young and have seen and experienced first hand the hardships faced by the poor citizens of that country. I am, however, staunchly against it's citizens being allowed to break our laws, it's government telling us what to do and giving away of our jobs to them.

Just to keep the record clear, NAFTA was designed and negotiated by George Herbert Walker Bush during his term as Presidency. The agreement between the United States, Canada and Mexico creating the NAFTA agreement was signed by George Bush One. The document then needed to be ratified by the US Congress which occured later after Clinton was elected and actually signed into American Law by Clinton.

But the whole NAFTA, CAFTA and Free Trade Agreement nightmare to end the United States was crafted and designed by Bush One.

The people behind this control both the Bush and Clinton families.

There is no difference on the issue of sovereignty, immigration and free trade treason treaties between a Bush or a Clinton.

That's why they are so "cozy".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1968.html

Picture of Bush One Traitor at the original agreement signing of NAFTA in 1992.

GRRRRR!!!

This give new meaning to the old saying a Bird in Hand is Worth Two in the Bush...doesn't it.

The Problem is IN MEXICO

Look...we can only blame America so much, and believe me, I blame them for a LOT.

But, let's NOT let Mexico off the hook either in our anger.

1. The rich and elite of Mexico have refused to properly invest in rebuilding their own infrastructure, and addressing serious environmental concerns.

A) They need a MAJOR reforestation effort in their nation.
    B) Major public works program needed...in many Mexican towns and
    cities, feces is discharged right into their drinking water supply.
    C) They have serious issues with potable water, especially in the
    Northern parts of the nation, and have failed to take steps to
    begin addressing the pollutants.

2. Mexico has two classes of people, the haves and the have nots, and no real desire on the part of the haves to change this serious issue. Even though who are employed are UNDER EMPLOYED, and at wages not designed to support and average sized family...which explains why Illegals working in America are Mexico's second leading industry behind oil revenues...in short, AMERICA is Mexico's industrial base.

3. Foreign investment in Mexico is greatly discouraged because of their ownership policies. For instance, Mexico has a huge amount of shoreline, as much if not more than we have here in America, and it is actually better situated for a vibrant tourist trade than most of our beach front due to a warmer climate area. Yet, foreign investors cannot actually OWN LAND, buildings or companies within a 50 mile line of sight from said shore line, but instead have to let a Mexican bank own said investment, and create a trust to benefit the investor...most serious investors, most who say would consider building vacation homes are not going to tolerate such a restrictive and inane investment policy.

The only thing a guest worker program (Amnesty) with Mexico does is erode our middle class while allowing them to escape the hard work necessary to rebuild their own lands and nation.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

a few quotes from that link.

Democratic representative Robert Matsui of California, another NAFTA supporter, candidly admitted that the agreement brings with it a surrender of American "independence."
    sound familiar....

U.S. Trade Representative Mickey Kantor... said officially that "No nation can lower labor or environmental standards, only raise them."
    apparently he was talking about mexico and not the USA.

Good News

The Governor of Colorado along with 10 other states are going to pass legislation to stop the CAFTA treaty.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

schweet. Im a kansan so I'm no big fan of Colorado (damn broncos) but this is EXCELLANT NEWS!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: NAFTA & CAFTA - Parts of the Problem

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    As I see it, if the restrictions to parts of Mexico is true, we are importing more goods from Mexico and importing cheap labor from the parts left out. This is having an major adverse effect on our economy and our job market. Thanks Mexico and the Clinton family.. you totally rock.
    While Clinton signed it, the Republicans are the ones who are really to thank for NAFTA.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

The bill in the colorado, House Bill 1010, which apparently would withdraw Colorado from at least parts of CAFTA, NAFTA

I would provide a link but it has expired on the net and is only in the google cache. Maybe you can use this article to find more on the search engines
    http://www.uspoliticstoday.com/news/BillOwens

It was on Foxnews before the big immigration marches then it was not mentioned again.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast