Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nevada's Governor Race

Hey everyone! Lurked here for a while but I feel like there's a big race here that's going under the radar in Nevada. Everyone's focused on the other states in the Southwest (CA, AZ, CO) and on the NV Senate election against Harry Reid....but the Washington DC establishment is all behind this guy Sandoval and crowned him as their Republican Party champion and he's acting like he's a hard-liner and whatnot in order to pander to the conservative primary electorate, but I bumped into some incriminating footage of him supporting drivers licenses for illegal immigrants and I'm seriously wondering if he's got any, I'm not sure if this is the right word, core beliefs when it comes to fighting and reducing ILLEGAL immigration.

This was where I originally saw the footage but dug around on YouTube and found the original (non-ad) footage too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xmaCJfq ... r_embedded

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

sounds like we all need to write him for aome answers

Re: ,

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    sounds like we all need to write him for aome answers
    At the very least!

With the political climate as it is in this country right now and the underhandedness of most politicians and of groups such as La Raza....rule number one nowdays is to NOT take a chance and vote for ANYONE for office with an Hispanic surname.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

JBParrotHead - I don't know if I'd agree with that at all. Ex. If I lived in Florida I would support Marco Rubio in a heartbeat over that RINO Crist.

Brian Sandoval needs to be voted out...he panders to whoever is in front of him....

KICKTHEMALLOUT!!!!! A new broom sweeps clean...

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by ScottFahlesson
    JBParrotHead - I don't know if I'd agree with that at all. Ex. If I lived in Florida I would support Marco Rubio in a heartbeat over that RINO Crist.
    Hey Scott glad you joined us here at ALIPAC.

The problem with Hispanics is they may in their heart be against IA's but once they get to Washington they get hammered and shamed by the Hispanic Congressional Caucus and some give in and change their minds.

Example;Rubio is running for the Senate seat vacated by Republican Martinez who ran as a hardliner AGAINST Amnesty but when it came up for a vote in the Senate he voted for it.

So now we Floridians are a little leery of putting another Hispanic in the Senate for fear Rubio will flip flop too.You are right about Crist but at least he is upfront about who he is and he would vote for Amnesty.

Rubio may lose the race now that he has spoken out against the AZ law.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Here is what I received from Sandoval's office

Here is my question to him

Mr. Sandoval,

I am writing to you on behalf of a question asked of our group ALIPAC. We represent like minded Americans who believe in legal immigration.

It appears there is a youtube video of you that you would support drivers licenses for illegal immigrants. As you know, nationwide, 65% of Americans, as in legal Americans, are supporting Arizonas new law.

Anyone who supports giving more rights to illegalls, " Just because it is easier", we have to question why we would want them to run a major state.

Please respond and let me know so that we can of course inform our members.

of course, I also understand the concept of people taking things out of context, so please clear this up for us.

Sincerly

and of course, the answer I received back

Mark,

If you watch the video very closely you’ll see that Brian says he would consider the issue, not that he would support it. That was back in early-January that the video was taken. Brian considered the issue then came out against it.

Brian issued the following statement in mid-March, “Nevada law requires proof of legal residency and a social security number to obtain a drivers license. I support the law and oppose any changes to the law.â€

Yeah but that's his current spin -- he was clearly doing more than "supporting" it if you watch the video. He argued in defense of it and said like super approvingly that he would "strongly consider" it.

(RE: Rubio above. Yeah, his record on illegal immigration is ridiculous too, good point.)

Re: .

Wow, sdbrit, you're awesome. This is the way to hold them accountable, but I'm afraid that Sandoval may say whatever who he's talking to wants him to say...like, he came out with the "strongly consider" & nodding & defense of the drivers licenses to room full of illegal advocates (the woman he spoke to was representing Hispanic insurers or something who would benefit from such an expansion!)

Thanks again dude.

[quote="sdbrit68"]Here is what I received from Sandoval's office

Here is my question to him

Mr. Sandoval,

I am writing to you on behalf of a question asked of our group ALIPAC. We represent like minded Americans who believe in legal immigration.

It appears there is a youtube video of you that you would support drivers licenses for illegal immigrants. As you know, nationwide, 65% of Americans, as in legal Americans, are supporting Arizonas new law.

Anyone who supports giving more rights to illegalls, " Just because it is easier", we have to question why we would want them to run a major state.

Please respond and let me know so that we can of course inform our members.

of course, I also understand the concept of people taking things out of context, so please clear this up for us.

Sincerly

and of course, the answer I received back

Mark,

If you watch the video very closely you’ll see that Brian says he would consider the issue, not that he would support it. That was back in early-January that the video was taken. Brian considered the issue then came out against it.

Brian issued the following statement in mid-March, “Nevada law requires proof of legal residency and a social security number to obtain a drivers license. I support the law and oppose any changes to the law.â€

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast